[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aparment Ineffencies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: flir_20170526T112324.jpg (357KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
flir_20170526T112324.jpg
357KB, 480x640px
I'm getting raped in the ass in HVAC costs (my eletric bill was over $330 fucking dollars)!

I have ground level 1230sft aparment with 20ft cellings. The place bakes in the evening sun and I don't think the widows are properly insulated. The landlord doesn't give a shit, is there some simple solutions like films you can apply over the windows?
>>
Do a search on amazon for "window insulation"
>>
>>1183297
Cling film, curtains?
>>
>>1183297
>(my eletric bill was over $330 fucking dollars)!
jesus christ how about you don't set the AC to 65?
>>
>>1183297
Foil, curtain backings
>>
>>1183297
>is there some simple solutions like films you can apply over the windows?

Yes, they're called window film.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gila-36-in-x-180-in-Titanium-Heat-Control-Window-Film-HRT361/100616385

Blinds also help a lot as other people have mentioned. Close them before the sun directly hits the windows.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170526-162410.png (873KB, 1080x2220px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170526-162410.png
873KB, 1080x2220px
>>1183594
great
>>
>>1183297
>I have ground level 1230sft aparment with 20ft cellings.
next time don't lease an apt with 20 foot ceilings and three more rooms than you need. Or is this a loft? If this is a loft, you're fucking retarded if you're pissed about HVAC.
>>
Turn off the AC and open some windows.
>>
>>1183297
Shade. Try to prevent direct sunlight from getting into your windows.
>>
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=one+way+mirror
>>
>>1183297
First thing's first... Set the temperature at a reasonable temp. Anything under 72 is too cold. And every degree you increase it saves a chunk of change.

Secondly, throttle your system. When you leave for the day raise the temp by at least 5 degrees.

Thirdly, sun. A lot of thermal energy comes in through the windows. Blocking it with white-backed curtains will do a lot in the way of reducing energy usage.

Fourthly, moving the air around you will increase the apparent cooling effect of the conditioned air. That is to say a room at 75 with a small fan going can be more comfortable than a room at 70.

And finally, clothing. You're in your house, the shades are drawn, remove clothes or wear lighter clothing.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.