[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Building a place to live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1494963496454.jpg (145KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494963496454.jpg
145KB, 900x1200px
So in Ontario Canada, you can build a 10x10x10 structure without any permits.

Could I then build such a shanty and potentially live in it hassle free from the government?

Could I build multiple of these, connect them with seperation walls and still no need permit? Like 3 units conjoined?
>>
>Canada
>living hassle free from Weedeau's godvernment

lmoa
>>
>>1182626
I live in Ontario too, and unfortunately, it's gonna be a tough slog to complete. First is the property, and it's OMB or municipal designation...residential, commercial, farm...
Water and sewage lines will be difficult, unless your rural, then drill a well and septic...both require permits and inspection...
Hydro can be a bitch...will require permit and inspections...
The province has gone completely retarded with permits and licencing and inspections...part of that is so they know how much to charge on the property tax rate...follow the monies, it all ends up in Toronto...
>>
>>1182626
No, that is an outbuilding. Unless you want a shed with no heat, electricity, water, or sewage; you're shit out of luck.
>>
>>1182683
>>1182648

My property has a well, I have a wood stove as well as neighbors whom I buy electricity from with long ass cables

I just want to spend a month of two up there withoit government forcing me to tear down the structure
>>
>>1182717
Buy a used travel trailer or RV or something. It will cost about the same, be a lot more comfortable, and no one will give you shit about it.
>>
>>1182732
Right but see; if I build something with foundation later on if I get the money to actually build a normal building, I won't have to pay a lot of fees, like development fee
>>
>>1182783
Just get a cheap ass RV, you can't live in s fucking shed in Ontario the flies will eat you alive.
>>
>>1182783
Here
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-travel-trailer-camper/st-catharines/23-prowler-camper-trailer/1267146223?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
>>
>>1182732
We have family hunting/camping land in Northern Minnesota. We built a steel pole building on a slab to store our shit in.

In the winter months it's fucking fantastic because we park the RV in in and it makes a world of difference in keeping it warm. A kerosene heater is all we need to keep it toasty warm.

We have a big steel box on the outside that houses a generator and the inside is wired for power and has an RV hookup too so we can use the electricity and not get gassed.

We have a small well but it's not potable without boiling. Don't use it enough to pay for a well or septic so we just cart in water and cart out the shit in the RV tanks. Plus we have a few food grade barrels full of water up there that we leave stored in the summer time for extra water, mainly for showering.
>>
How hard is it to get your own private property that you built or had someone built for yourself?
>>
>>1182626
Just no north to an unincorporated county and you can do whatever the fuck you want. Buying a woodlot is also cheap as fuck up there
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.