[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /diy/, i have an ant issue. there is a colony of ants inside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1495421635013.webm (764KB, 224x400px) Image search: [Google]
1495421635013.webm
764KB, 224x400px
hey /diy/, i have an ant issue. there is a colony of ants inside my garage and i just can't seem to kill it. the ant baits i use fill to the brim with dead ants but more always seem to take their place. any suggestions?
>>
File: 1475633393678.jpg (156KB, 960x816px) Image search: [Google]
1475633393678.jpg
156KB, 960x816px
>>1181975
fire
>>
>>1181975
I have always had good luck with peppermint/spearmint toothepaste. When you find evidence of them, wipe down the area with cleaner (alcohol or bleach) and make a diluted concentration of water and peppermint toothpaste. Spray the effected area and see how it goes.
>>
>>1181975
You have to be persistent.
Get the stuff they haul back to the nest. Kill the queen and the colony will collapse.
>>
File: Ants-Eating-Terro.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ants-Eating-Terro.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
If they're sweet eating ants, Terro will wipe out the colony. You can make it yourself with borax, but it's only about $5 for a summer or two's worth.

We have those little fuckers that come by the hundreds around here and that stuff does the trick. See some larger single ants around sometimes and I don't think it works for them.
>>
>>1182046
I had a problem I fixed with a quick ant bait trap. Killed them all. ALL.

Cleanup was a complete disaster.

Combine sugar water with the borax (I can't remember the ratios but I don't think you need much) saturate cotton with it, put it in the cut out bottom of a soda can. They'll eat it, send in their friends, spread it across the colony and then they'll get sick and die a day or so after the queen gets poisoned.

The cotton is there to make it seem like a food. It also provides a platform- the ant corpses will SURROUND the thing and it won't work if they climb on top of a corpse only to end up in a relative pond- they'll need a solid enough surface to keep eating.

One week later they will ALL be dead. This will sound much nicer than it is. Get a broom you don't care about.
>>
I think I found some carpenter ants over by my dad's shed. Could hear those fuckers munching on the wood. Fucking creepy. Need to spray or lay traps or something.
>>
File: DSC_0090.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0090.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
I have the same problem, they're under my fucking roof. They're coming in from outside under the facade, climbed up to the roof and onto the nylon under the roof. Surprisingly they haven't been inside the house yet, and this has been going on for at least a year now

So borax mixed with water is still the way to go? I can't even buy that stuff here in this cucked country
>>
>>1183044
Carpenter ants don't "eat" wood. They will dig holes in it to get what they want - food, water, nesting space.
>>
>>1183769
Swedenistan?
>>
>>1183787
croatia
>>
>>1182083
1/2 C water, 1c sugar, 1 1/2 Tbsp Borax. (120ml, 240ml & 7.5ml)
>>
>>1185086
Same Anon, correction...

1 & 1/2 Tablespoons of borax. (Like 20ml)
>>
File: 51F9gqK9AuL._SL500_AC_SS350_[1].jpg (23KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
51F9gqK9AuL._SL500_AC_SS350_[1].jpg
23KB, 350x350px
>>1181975
Fill the cracks and border of your garage with a dusting of this stuff, put a ring around every anthill and ant trail you can find. You will never find an ant (or any creature with an exoskeleton) again within 1-2 days.
You can also take a tablespoon of it in whatever drink you like and consume it and eventually it will clean the gunk out of your intestines and detox your body, it's very good for your body so long as you don't inhale it (you will die). It's pure silica so your nails and hair will grow better too.
If you don't believe me then stop eating any grain or vegetable stored in a silo because this is what farmers coat them with to keep bugs out.

I'm doing my part!
>>
I had major problems with ants last year and I got these. I haven't seen a single ant this year and all my neighbors are infested with them. I put one in the garage as well and haven't seen any spiderbros either.

https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Howell-Ultrasonic-Repellers-Outlet/dp/B0017VYUOI
>>
>>1183789
Fuuuuck. Yeah we have to have special permits for any pesticide/insecticide. Bas smo u kurcu
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.