[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

super-gluing a flag holder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 50272980.jpg (46KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
50272980.jpg
46KB, 520x520px
I'm hanging a flag out for this memorial day weekend, i bought a brace that looks like pic related but im hesitant to drill into the siding on my house with screws, there's a lot of vinyl and the wood needs to be fixed so i'd rather not start poking holes.

will super glue hold it? the flag im using is about 5-6 feet long and i live by the ocean so wind/salt air...
so yeah, glue? some sort of other fastener that doesn't drill into the siding?
>>
>>1181895
No, super glue has shitty shear strength.

You'd find it easier screwing the bracket to a wooden post, then securing the post with something like grab adhesive or some sort of quick clamp if feasible
>>
File: 71QtkIibglL._SL1500_.jpg (73KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71QtkIibglL._SL1500_.jpg
73KB, 1500x1500px
>>1181895
i should add, the brace is plastic, not aluminum.
>>
>>1181901
wow, so screw into a block of wood and clamp it to the siding? it's going on a post essentially, my house has these railings on the second floor porch
>>
>>1181903
If you don't want to screw it into any existing external stuff. The post just makes it easy to strap/glue/attach to other shit and allows more of an area to fix to stuff
>>
just use some suction hooks or temp adhesive hooks to hang it up on the door/somewhere if you're not going to do it right
>>
>>1181895
don't use super glue, use a proper adhesive or epoxy.
>>
>>1181895
If you are not going to do it right the first time, don't even fuckin do it at all.
>>
>>1182057
what's the most durable strongest holding adhesive or epoxy you recommend?
>>
>>1182474
Loctite makes decent stuff.
Can be had for cheap also. Lowes/Home Depot for $6 or less
>>
>>1182477
so is super glue the best substance? are there other industrial adhesives? with high shear strength?
>>
>>1182609
troll detected
>>
Just hire a Mexican to hold it. It'll also teach them about patriotism.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.