[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batteries for HV power supply.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: asd.png (1MB, 2578x1424px) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
1MB, 2578x1424px
Hey guys my name is anon and i am a complete newbie on subjects related to electrical and electronic stuff, therefore i am trying to make circuits that might end up with me dying for electrocution. I am looking for a way to make a portable high voltage power supply so...
Would one/a few 12v batteries connected in parallel work for my circuit?
Is there any way to calculate the time of life of the batteries?
Thanks!
>>
>>1181589
The idea is to make a taser to zap
myself and end up with smashed potato for brain.
>>
just take apart one of these disposable cameras from Fuji or Kodak. they generate aprox 250Vdc for operating the flash from one 1.5V AA battery. no doubt someone's made a how-to guide somewhere on Youtube or Instructables. cost is like $6 new or $1 at the thrift store.
>>
>>1181589
>Negative pin of diode should go to the collector of the transistor.

lol
>>
>>1181589

these flyback circuits eat a lot of current

>Is there any way to calculate the time of life of the batteries?

>A23 12V 55mAh

maybe 2-3 seconds?

use a few lithium ion cells in series/parallel
>>
File: HF Electronic Fly Swatter.png (162KB, 794x593px) Image search: [Google]
HF Electronic Fly Swatter.png
162KB, 794x593px
>>1181589
>>
>>1181873
Yeah, just beef up their circuitry. You could also buy an arc lighter, but all these things rely on very high frequency to step up their voltage, which will just burn your skin a little and not go through you due to the skin effect. Find the highest voltage diode you can get (probably 1 1000V) and a capacitor with a higher voltage than that (I found a 3kV 10nF cap). As long as you're pulling power from a battery, the maximum current will be pretty low at ~800V, so the ripple voltage will easily be acceptable at 1MHz. This DC will go straight through you, which may or may not be a good thing.
>>
>>1181589
Hey guys OP here, thanks for all the help.
Wanted to know if there is any way to improve the circuit so instead of making a constant electric arc, it would make some sort of pulsation between the two HV terminals.

Just like a taser
>>
if you want to make a taser for cheap, buy an arc booster from ebay. they cost like 5 bucks and convert 3v to 400kV. crazy stuff.
it's enough power to have electricity jump between to conductive surfaces, so you can make a taser with it easy.
>>
>>1182051
A car coil? It's pretty much just a transformer, so that when you put DC through it the current flows, and when you disconnect the DC a spark jumps across the secondary terminals. Make your own by wrapping a bunch of ~40gauge wire around an iron core. Make the secondary at least 10 times more turns.

Note: turning inductors is a pain in the arse, you might want to consider buying a 220V to 9V transformer and use the secondary as the primary, though I can't guarantee the insulation will hold up. It might help to fix the secondary to the primary, though I'm not sure.

The voltage of the spark is proportional to the current going through the primary, so be sure your batteries are in parallel. Also they might explode.
>>
>>1181594
When I was given one as a kid, after shooting the roll, I'd take it apart and drop pencil graphite across the terminals to make a loud pop. Then in one high school enginerding class with a mostly-absent babysitter, I did that with mechanical pencil rods and 120 volts AC.
>>
File: mlfw691_medium.jpg (74KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
mlfw691_medium.jpg
74KB, 640x640px
>>1181873
>at cabin with extended family and fuckers go outside just to seek out bugs to murder with that
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.