[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ambulance Conversion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: 02.jpg (94KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
94KB, 1200x900px
Hey all I just bought a 2006 Ford e350 Type II Ambulance. I was planning to turning it into a camper and wondered if anyone had any advice.
>>
File: 01.jpg (78KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
78KB, 675x900px
>>1181555
>>
File: 04.jpg (76KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
76KB, 675x900px
>>1181556
>>
>>1181555
Who you gonna call?

AUTISM!
>>
File: 05.jpg (73KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
73KB, 675x900px
>>1181555
It is a 6L Diesel with 266k I got for $2500.
>>
>>1181561
So do you have a plan or was it so cheap that you figured you could devise one later? If fuel wasn't an issue you could do a green light swap and use it as a mobile dispensary.

Just saying...
>>
Wow! what a coincidence! I just sold one just like that to some mook for $2500! I'm going to use the money to buy a used camper.
>>
>>1181563
I was planning to use it as a work vehicle for the summer, doing moving jobs and come the fall time convert it into a fall camper for the winter. The price was really good.
>>
>>1181555
Get yourself a scanner and roll up to emergencies, only to film them when you totally prank them.
>>
Use it to blow through red lights and freeway traffic
>>
>>1181565
10/10
>>
>>1181561
post picture of the left side (inside the rapevan) ... what is behind those windows?
>>
You sure got swarmed by jerks.
Those are the selling pics, do you have any pics of it after you purchased it?
Google Vandwellers, there are several websites with similar names.
Important issues: budget? and climate?
>>
>>1181615
Not OP, but it's cabinets for equipment.

>>1181714
>budget and climate?
seconded.
As far as I can see, the bench on the side can be converted to a wider bench/bed with a few hinges, some plywood and creative use of upholstery. Drill a hole in the wall and install a vent shaft with fan in one of the cabinets for a burner/kitchen area. Get some car batteries and an inverter and make a door under the bench. Remove the gurney locking fixture on the floor etc.

Are you really so uncreative, OP, that you need us to tell you these things?
>>
>>1181555
Wow op that's bad ass as hell. A diesel for 2500? You scored. First step would be to remove the interior. There's probably lots of 12or 24 volt lines running back there, you can keep them intact and use them for your lights and fridge and water pumps and what not. There's probably a bank of rocker switches up front somewhere? If so I would probably move it to the back somewhere and have them all labeled nice for my pumps and lights and shit. You should prolly put more windows in somehow.
>>
>>1181555
Think how many people died in this... And ur gonna use it as a camper?

5spoopy3me
>>
Show up to car accidents and kidnap people to staff your /diy/ structures.
>>
File: 1495052881572.jpg (20KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1495052881572.jpg
20KB, 540x540px
>ambulance to camper conversion
>not going for the ambulance to rape van conversion
>>
People die in those all the time. You have a haunted van.
>>
File: disgusted kot blini.jpg (77KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted kot blini.jpg
77KB, 1080x1080px
>>1181846
>Not making a rapebulance
>>
>>1181847
nobody wants to steal a haunted van though
>>
>>1181847
I can guarantee that van isn't haunted.
>>
>>1181566
so, you gonna rip everything out to make $200- shifting shitty furniture, then, spend $500+ basically putting it all back in? If interiors still as per pic, >>1181561 , forget moving shit innit, start with that and convert rest as needed - there is no way in fuck you'll get anywhere near that level of finish otherwise, srsly.
>>
>>1181555
>wondered if anyone had any advice
let me know if you find someone selling a hearse, so we can go camping together
>>
>>1181557

im gonna call that # and report the ambulance # and say I saw someone rob a mcdonalds and used that van as the getaway
>>
Wait at parking lots at major intersections and chase down other ambulances. there can only be one.

Or turn it into a food truck and sell 'unknown' meat to local fat office workers.
>>
First thing first get some medical grade disinfectant and remove what ya can, and clean the holy living fuck outta it. There is probably caked and crusted bodily fluids in every lil nook and crannie.
>>
>>1182629
>because ambulances are never cleaned, and furniture vans are disinfected daily and you could eat your dinner off the wheelwell, and stuff.
Goddamnit, I'd bet that bus be a fucksight cleaner than your kitchen, you retard.
>>
File: AMBULANCE.jpg (118KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
AMBULANCE.jpg
118KB, 675x900px
>>1181556
Your picture is backwards. I fixed it for you.
>>
>>1181565
Grats. U fot rid of a sturdy deisle for a plywood and tin mobile shitbox...
>>
>>1181591
Felony
>>
File: Screenshot_20170523-220553.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170523-220553.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>1181763
Lol. He doesnt daily a 43 year old shitbox that likely attended more funerals than u have lately...
>>
>>1181879
2nd that as long as itz an olds
>>
>>1181561
I would be pissing my pants thinking about viruses, bacteria and other frightening stuff that has laid there.
>>
>>1181583
I would subscribe desu.
>>
>>1182771

you know thats supposed to be like that. so when they op behind you on the road, you can read it in your rear view mirror, you fucking moron
>>
>>1181583
Kek.

Do the lights still work? You could "prank" your friends by pulling them over and upload it for $$$ on YouTube.
>>
>>1183056
He was joking you idiot
>>
former paramedic - ama
>>
All the replies here are stupid but this one and >>1181862 who makes sense.

Inspect everything mechanical thoroughly, change all the fluids, and make sure items like battery cables and accessory drive belts are in good condition.

Go to the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum and look up relevant info for your van. Obtain a service manual and read that motherfucker.

Restrain your desired to start ripping shit out. Instead, drive it for a while then come up with a logical plan that doesn't involve wood or carpet.

Study work vans and make it a kickass work van. Camping is easy. Hang a hammock inside the van and sleep in that, while stashing gear where ever it fits efficiently. Camping doesn't require bullshit like stoves or refridgerators, though a small one is nice for booze.

Price was right for that relatively low mileage, but as I said attend to all the details. Change transmission fluid and filter so you can inspect the filter.

Have fun.
>>
>>1183006
You would, but you are a dumbfuck fearfag. If desired it's easy to clean every surface in an afternoon.

As for stupid shit like "haunting", everybody dies so don't pretend it's a bad or mysterious thing. It doesn't matter in this case.
>>
>>1181847
That makes it even better for camping.
Nothing like bringing your own ghosts to scare away the indigenous ghosts
>>
>>1181763
Mate it's a vambulance from a private service
That thing spent it's entire life carting grandma and grandpa off to dialysis and back
>>
>>1181555
Strip the entire patient compartment, lightbar, siren etc. Bottom feeder private ambo services are always looking for a deal on spare parts. You probably won't get more than a couple hundred but it beats throwing it all out. You could probably sell the main circuit board out the back and make a couple hundred on that alone.
>>
File: 1491270115333.jpg (130KB, 355x440px) Image search: [Google]
1491270115333.jpg
130KB, 355x440px
>>1183062
>ambulance
>pulling someone over
>>
>>1181555
When getting replacement exhaust parts, make sure you specify it's for an ambulance. To prevent fires.
>>
>>1184213
Now you got me wondering.
What makes ambulances so special?
>>
>>1184285
Ambulances are purchased as cab and chassis from the automaker then fitted with custom bodies, so the exhaust is typically standard for that cab and chassis combo.

Just know what you are using. Not hard, but this is not a fucking truck or van forum so go to real forums for that sort of detail.
>>
>>1182935
Google what a box of an ambulance looks like after an accident
>>
>>1181763
nobody officially dies in an ambulance because there aren't any doctors there to call it.
even then probably more people 'die' at the scene or once they are at hospital.
does it really bother people anyway?
it can't be haunted its on wheels, the ghosts would come right out.
don't think about second hand anything, vintage clothes especially.
>>
Yo, fellow kentuckyfag. You're going to have a bitch of a time gutting it. May have less trouble from people if you're looking for stealthcamping. Might be illegal with an ambulance, who knows?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.