[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Radio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1485657801522.gif (159KB, 329x353px)
1485657801522.gif
159KB, 329x353px
For years now, I've wanted to set-up a pirate radio station. I'm finally close to doing it, but I have a big question:

What (relatively) cheap FM transmitter should I get?

I'd like it to be somewhat easy to open, tear out resistors and solder in wires, but I'm not well-versed in electrical shit.

Any help would be appreciated, sorry if this si the wrong place to post. Don't use /diy/ at all.
>>
>>1180454
>'m not well-versed in electrical shit.
Then why are you trying to run a radio station?
>>
File: p12486_p_v8_ab.jpg (390KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p12486_p_v8_ab.jpg
390KB, 960x1440px
>>1180454
>>1180576
Anon dont let this fucker discourage you, I have no technical advice to offer you but encourage you to fight the power.
>>
>>1181593
Thanks for bumping a shitty two day old thread

>>1180454
>I'm finally close to doing it

If you're not well versed in electrical shit and haven't even found an FM transmitter then what in the fuck are you "close" to doing?
>>
>>1181595
Maybe he's got a name a simple script of things to be repeated and some topics to talk about for a few days in advance. That's called preparation too ya know.
>>
>>1181640
Yeaaaah...
The technology is just a way to transmit the program. The content is more important, so you do have a point here. The narrow minded just have some trouble realising this.

OP, consider that the triangulation of the sender is quite easy. I have heard about a way to have the sender somewhere quite inaccessible and the transmitting the signal to the sender with another, optical, sender. I'm not sure if the reports are true but if it is so, please investigate further.

I have been dreaming of a pirate radio station for about 20 years so I feel you.
>>
>>1181644
If content is the most important part (it is, IMO), why not put that content online and "broadcast" to reach what could be a much wider audience, legally? The FM spectrum is too highly regulated to pirate a station. That said, Pump Up The Volume was one of my favorite childhood movies!
>>
>>1180454
FCC please leave.

Anon without a liscense u can only pump 4 watts. That is shit.

Even the old school cb like my 150 watt is illegal now...

Also, u make it 2 days before swat kicks your shit in.

This isnt the 70's. The second u key up a few times u gonna get lawdicked.
>>
>>1181648
On the internet, your content gets lost in the noise. On the radio, you have a more guaranteed audience.
>>
>>1181728
This right here.
>>
>>1180454
Do this and the FCC will know where you are after only a few minutes of you being on the commercial bands.

Direction finding radio equipment is advanced and they have towers for it all over.

Just get an amateur radio licence and discover the true joy that is CW with a nice old straight key.
>>
>>1180454
>I'm not well-versed in electrical shit.
Then start a internet radio station.
Also has the added bonus of not getting you arrested.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.