[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camping, Soundproofing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: Funny-Drunk-Camping-Pictures-20.jpg (71KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
Funny-Drunk-Camping-Pictures-20.jpg
71KB, 576x432px
Going party camping soon. Every time I've done this, the sherrif sticks his snout into our business due to noise. It can't be helped - like 8 to 15 dudes, all drunk and high.

I was thinking of building some kind of sound barrier in a line between the epicenter of our festivities and the rest of the campground.

My first idea is to use a few tarp and somehow build a wall with them. Maybe double layered wall with two inches between the layers. It would have to stand on its own though so it would be driven in the ground, held up by poles I guess?

Looking for ideas.

>Pic related - not from my trip but my group could produce similar (we even had a pair of whores someone paid for one such event)
>>
>>1179950
>party camping
kys. Somewhat related, once put up a circus tent, for purposes of running raves in, slap in the middle of a city residential area. That went well. Point being, forget 'open-air' soundproofing, you cannot, do shit, it will not. Go innawoods, like real faggots, and stop annoying people.
>>
File: like_this.jpg (82KB, 635x357px) Image search: [Google]
like_this.jpg
82KB, 635x357px
There is a lot of rave parties where I live. What they do to avoid disturbing nearby houses is walls of straw (pic related).
>Find nearby farmer, rent the straw, have party, give it back for a small fee
>>
>>1179959
We used to go to this totally isolated remote campground that you needed to hike a bit to get to. They closed that park down to ruin it by building roads and "improved" campsites.

So now we're at this campground that's relatively uncrowded but even still, more people. There are two sets of sites there - separated by a cove of water. We booked every single site on one side just to avoid having neighbors. Still though, water carries sound somewhat and though we'll be as far from it as we can, we'll probably still bother people. Yeah, I know - we're fucking bastards.

Anyway - wouldn't a wall of tarps like I'm describing at least dampen the sound?
>>
>>1179966
That would fucking work. I'd need a dumptruck to bring enough though. LOL.
>>
>>1179950
You misunderstand what a "sound complaint" is. It is a busy body with literally nothing else to do in their life but stick their nose into other people's business. They don't have much control in their own life so they are constantly looking for ways to rain on other people. You don't need to be making any noise at all. In fact, you can be as fucking quiet as mice and still someone will report a noise complaint to fuck up your shit. All that they need to know is that there's someone doing something they are not doing.

If you want to have a get-together without interruption, I highly suggest you do it somewhere no one will be fucking with you.
>>
>hey /diy/, can you help me defy the laws of physics so my gay orgy doesn't get interrupted.
>>
clearly this belongs in /out/
>>
you know the answer is bluetooth headphones, like a silent disco, and hand signals like the deaf use.
>>
>>1179970
Well man up and do it faggot because that's the only way you're going to sound-proof your gay little homofest party.
>>
>>1179950
For the 14,654,673rd time, sound attenuation requires distance and mass.

Distance: sound pressure falls off based on the inverse square law.

Mass: sound moving from one medium to another loses energy as it transitions to more dense materials which require more energy to transmit through.

That is to say, hanging a couple shitry Walmart tarps a couple inches apart will do guck all for your gay orgy
>>
>>1179989
Kek. I really want to see pics of that orgy now. 5 bucks says the hookers they hire are traps that just don't get there until all of the guys are too wasted to notice.
>>
>>1179983
>get-together
>no one with you
>>
>>1180000

I but they'll tell me to go to DIY.
>>
>>1180107
There was one dude a few years back that ordered strippers. I don't know how he even found two willing to come 20 miles outside of any town into the woods but he did and they showed up.

They did lap dances for anyone willing to pay around the camp fire, then offered "private services" in tents. Pretty fucked up story.
>>
>>1179950
I fucking told you once before...stop using my fucking picture here on the chan you fucking degenerate faggot...
I don't want Mom to know what I get up to on the weekend...
>>
>>1180177
kek. Show your current pic with timestamp and I promise I'll stop.

BTW - google images shows that image if you image search for "drunk camping"
>>
>>1180105
Mass, yes. But there's also air in between in a lot of recording studios. I was thinking along the same lines.

But yes, maybe something thicker would do. Like thick blankets. I know there's sound blankets used around perimeters of construction sites.
>>
>>1179989
My sides are in orbit.
>>
File: whattheshit.jpg (14KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
whattheshit.jpg
14KB, 220x165px
>>1180000

>I don't like how this post is categorized on the forum I'm on because I have very strong opinions about how DIY while camping is more about camping than DIY
>>
>>1179983
>You don't need to be making any noise at all.

True fact. I was woken up by the cops banging on my door so they could serve me a noise complaint. Asked if they thought I was being too loud.

>Not my problem mate, take it up with your neighbour.

Asked if they would talk to my neighbour about wasting police time.

>Sorry mate, anonymous complaint.

A week later I got an eviction notice for "persistent" noise complaints
>>
>>1179983
Faggot.

>make a ton of noise late at night which pisses off your neighbors
>hurr durr they're busy bodies for wanting some semblance of peace
>>
>>1179950
>rest of the campground.
wtf are you doing this in a fucking campground you fucking dipshits. If you want to be rowdy, get the fuck away from fucking people who are trying to fucking sleep. Also - fuck off.
>>
>>1179983
>nothing else to do in their life but stick their nose into other people's business
Go fuck yourself to death with a fucking bail of razor wire, you self centered little twat.
>>
>>1179968
>Yeah, I know - we're fucking bastards.
You are precious little snowflakes that can't have fun without ruining life for those around you.
>>
>>1180833
This so much. We used to have these cunts behind us down a long driveway, fucking students, partying every fucking night of the week.

In my country, police can't investigate a noise complaint beyond the boundary. So what happens is they stand 300m at the end of the drive way and drive off saying it's not that loud. We asked the cunts to please keep it down and they basically told us to fuck off.

Our flatmate is a biologist and she got some campylobacter samples and we spread it all over their beer funnel which they constantly left draped over our border fence.

Sweet, sweet silence for almost a week.
>>
>>1179983
>Sticking their nose into other people's business

Fuck off. Pretty much every noise complaint is a bunch of drunk cunts making ridiculous amounts of noise and keeping normal people awake.
>>
>>1179950
>8 to 15 dudes, all drunk and high.
Are you sure you're not gay, son?
>>
>>1180182
There are high density mats used for soundproofing floors, but you'd have a hell of a time trying to hang them around your campsite (very heavy, obviously), and they're kind of expensive. A better option would be to find a secluded place within 20 minute walking distance of your actual campsite (near a busy road, maybe) and do your carrying on there. Downside is that some of you may get lost in the woods on the way back.
>>
>>1179950
I'm not going to shit on you for getting drunk with your buddies, but like a lot of of others said just find a more remote camp site, much easier than hauling bales and tarps and shit around that won't do anything. If a couple guys have atvs and a little trailer even better you don't have to pack all your shit in and out.
>>
>>1179983
>local law enforcement always harrasses us when we do illegal drugs in public and keep half the neighbourhood awake with our drunken partying.

Gee I wonder why?
>>
>>1179950
Thatshit wont help op. Just move to another location or keep ot down.

Holy shit the only reason i am jere i thought the pic was me.

Fucking calling the folks tonight. They have some explaining to do about my long lost brother.
>>
>>1179970
90% of the old fucks that still buck round bales got a hay monster. If yall show up and help load the monster and then help stack in the barn you could for sure borrow that sgit for a week if it dont rain.

Be warned tho. If you have alergies or are a fucking manlet dont bother.

Hauling hay is man work.
>>
>>1181289
Square bales i mean.
>>
>>1180076
>underrated
>>
>>1180182
>But there's also air in between in a lot of recording studios.

U wot mate. Your mental model is faulty.
>>
>>1181131
>Come home from Uni for the summer
>New neighbors have moved in two houses down
>Stay outside until 3 am every night with friends getting drunk and high
>Parents both wake up at 5:30 every morning for work
>Dad talks to them, they say they will keep quiet but don't
>Parents are too nice to call cops
>Call cops on them every night for a week
>One night the guys gets mad, throws a beer bottle complaining about harassment
>4 other cop cars show up (smaller town so this probably every on-duty cop)
>Gets hauled in for assaulting an officer
>Find out from friend later that their kid got taken by CPS
>House gets foreclosed on

It's quiet at night now.
>>
>>1180105
This. Tarps or a shit ton of old blankets if you're really paranoid. Hanging blankets is probably the easiest and most looked over soundproofing when it comes to effort:results ratio.
>>
>>1181128
ur flatmate gonna get hit for biological terrorism if you tell that story to the wrong person. I got chewed out for making a joke along those lines in front of my supervisor in the lab I was working in an apparently it's pretty serious desu.
>>
Noisy campers up all night on the piss are hilarious
I used to make a point of getting up at 6am, have a coffee, fire up an 80cc, 2 stroke antique chainsaw about 7am
Make firewood
Sometimes make a lot of firewood

You can just about see the point they literally die inside.
>>
>>1183004
Story made me smile.
>>
>>1179983
Says the guy who isn't trying to sleep because he works 6 days a week 10 hour shifts and heard fucking children playing their shitty music and being obnoxious. Yeah man, you are brilliant.
>>
Why not go to a gay bar instead of a campground?
>>
>>1183764
You aren't allowed to get naked and have sex at the gay bar.
>>
>>1183795
>he hasn't found all the secret areas
>>
>>1183266
The cool morning is best time for woodcutting. Wise timing.
>>
I did this once and thought that if you played the song in its inverse back at the place you were having the party you could create an interference and cancel out the sound but it's not the most practical thing. We were in a wooded enough area that we never attracted any attention from the law
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.