[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Replicating a Bag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

wassup /diy/

to keep things short, i'd like to somewhat replicate a bag that i like but can't justify the price tag for it.

it's an extremely simple bag and i don't actually think it would be that hard to make.

would it be possible to take a few photos to someone (seamstress? / something else) and they would be able to achieve what i'm looking for?

materials wise where would i find good quality canvas in melbourne australia?

pics related
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-19+at+04.03.12).jpg (145KB, 895x919px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-19+at+04.03.12).jpg
145KB, 895x919px
clear variant of the bag

you can see how simple this thing would be to make
>>
File: austri-alpin-cobra-011.jpg (135KB, 1200x831px) Image search: [Google]
austri-alpin-cobra-011.jpg
135KB, 1200x831px
and related to this project, would anyone recommend a decent cobra buckle? plan on replacing the buckle pictured with one of these for a cooler look.
>>
>>1179559
Yes. A grandmother could whip this up easy with an at home sewing machine. I dunno about where to buy canvas. I know painters drop cloths are half cotton and half polyester in the USA.
>>
File: 1493702385283.jpg (88KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
1493702385283.jpg
88KB, 407x405px
>a bag that small

Why not just wear a pair of paints with pockets instead of a bag that screams "I AM AUTISM. HEAR ME ROAR."
>>
>>1179581

more a fashion thing, having a phone / wallet in your pockets makes your legs look chunkier which is why a small bag is good.

also prevents pick pockets and allows you to carry other essentials in it.

considering these sell out at like a $500 price point more than indicates they're extremely popular.
>>
>>1179590
Dude. Never assume that just cause something sells out it is popular. I have one shit post , i sell it, i am sold out even at 900 pepes per post.
>>
>>1179606

sounds pretentious but if you're into fashion (which evidently you're not) you would often see this bag a ton. it's super popular and has a high demand.

people buy them for retail and sell them for more.
>>
>>1179590
>also prevents pick pockets

Only in the sense that they literally won't have to pick your pockets to get your valuables. It's much easier to steal from some faggy bag hanging off a dude than it is to slip your hands in his pockets without them noticing.
>>
>>1179719

can't wait for someone to literally open a velcro shut pouch that's sitting on my stomach area and just take my phone and wallet without noticing...

yup...
>>
>>1179590
>makes your legs look chunkier

So does my dick, but you don't see me trying to stuff it into an undersized man purse.
>>
>>1179590
>500 dollars
Yeah no. That's got to be some "higher end" brand that's creating artificial limitations under the auspice of special editions or some shit.
>>
>>1179719
to be fair I would use one if I happened to have it, but it would be under a jacket/coat that didn't already have inner pockets...
>>
>>1180103

whatever you say boss

>>1180070

yes it's a high end brand which is why they charge more, i can't justify $500 for a canvas utility holder so i plan on making my own.
>>
>>1180151
>>1179638
>>1179590
>>1179559

You're an enormous fucking faggot, just get some trousers with good pockets, and don't forget a belt so you can fucking hang yourself.
>>
>>1180156

nah i have trousers buddy, also already own a belt. just don't like how my legs look with stuff in my pockets

thanks for the advice pal
>>
>>1179590

>considering these sell out at like a $500 price point more than indicates they're extremely popular.

no, it doesnt - there are literally hundreds of no-name fashion labels like this and they all charge stupid amounts in the hopes of eventually becoming a luxury brand
>>
>>1180193

but a-cold-wall is rather popular and widely considered very successful..?
>>
>>1179559
My wife could do it for $20 per hour, estimate of 4 hours to make it.
>>
>>1179559
I found their website, what a pretentious pile of bullshit. 155 for a stupid little bag? god you people are morons. baseball caps with spray paint on them and tags zip tied to the back for 85?

way to follow the crowd.

sorry my estimate has gon up, it will cost you $200 to make that pouch.

fucktard.
>>
>>1180196

except according to google trends there is virtually no interest in the brand...?
>>
Op has to be a literal faggot to carry something like that shit. Just carry a backpack or have your shit in your pockets.
>>
>>1179638
I don't think you know what price manipulation is.
>>
>>1179788
they don't do that, they cut the strap and take it and run
>>
>>1179559
I'd make it if you gave me the money. A sturdy hand stitched bag with an embroidered strap, if you wanted. It sounds like a fun little project.

Unfortunately, I live in Dallas. Do you want to pay for materials/labor and shipping literally across the globe? Granted, it will be lightweight, but I still live in Texas.
>>
File: IMG_4723.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4723.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>1180573
If you take me up on it, you will be buying this cat high-quality cat tree materials. Her name is Captain Kylie.
>>
File: 1333350815708.jpg (31KB, 550x733px) Image search: [Google]
1333350815708.jpg
31KB, 550x733px
>>1180162

Have you tried inserting your carry items into your anus instead? The volume seems about correct and you'd save $500.
>>
File: IMG_4757.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4757.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>1180584
Why be so cruel concerning the most worthy of causes? Look at this cat. All she has right now is a pile of old grocery coupons.
>>
>>1180330

backpacks aren't /fa/

>>1180563

how does someone cut through a thick strap without me noticing beforehand? unless they have some form of super scissor?

>>1180584

everything falls out after all the dicks i take in my ass apparantly

>>1180214

have you not been reading any of the replies? i don't want to pay the retarded price so i plan on making my own because i like the style?

these just look better than bumbags.
>>
>>1180633
How does someone quickly cut a web strap? Are you shitting me? Your folks never let you touch anything sharper than a butter knife?
>>
>>1179559
Since Melbourne is by the water, I'm sure there are sailmakers there. Give some a call and see if you can buy some canvas or scraps off of them. That oughta be good quality too.
Also it'd be fairly easy for someone to make and there are plenty of people online who do commissioned stuff like this. They'll have to make a template first so you should sketch out what you want and give some dimensions.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.