[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old tires?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: tirepile2.jpg (154KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tirepile2.jpg
154KB, 640x480px
I need a good number of old discarded tires (30+) for a DIY project, but I have no idea where to find them. Since there's ~laws~ about dumping them I can't just visit an empty lot and help myself anymore and googling for it just nets me either pintrest shit on used tire DIY or used tire sales places.

Are there any smarter options than just going down my rural road and knocking on doors?
>>
>>1179219
craigslist ad
go to tire shops and ask for used tires too worn to sell
>>
>>1179219
After I learned how much of a health hazard they are due to heavy metals, I no longer have any on my property that isn't on a vehicle.
>>
>>1179219
I'd give you hundreds for free but i'm in ireland.
>>
>>1179219
Dude. Any tire shop. They gotta pay to hauk them off. Or just pack sand bags with dirt for your backstop.
>>
>>1179241
Light a match patty. I wanna go to canadia ina t shirt. Also, waterworld
>>
>>1179244
>>1179226

Awesome, thanks, that clears it up for me.

>>1179232
For entirely unrelated reasons I'm planning on putting in 6 inches of sand underneath this whole shebang, with a durable plastic ground liner underneath that, so that shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>1179219
>there are laws, not there is laws

>I can't just visit an empty lot and help myself anymore
there were a ton of them dumped by the side of the road last summer, before the city must have cleaned it up

bunch of savages in this town
>>
>>1179386
Tires are bad, it's even worse when some nigger dumps a uhaul full of garbage and furniture along the road and varying intervals in the middle of the night.

fuck Albany.
>>
>>1179353

Make sure you take steps to avoid water pooling in them and making a mosquito farm. that's about half the reason why there's laws against them these days, the other half is toxic/fire hazard.
>>
>>1179219
If you don't mind me asking, what's the project?
>>
>>1179244
Shop i work at sells them. Half shit ones a black dude buys them to sell as used. The real shitty/ruined ones they're sold to a company that recycles them or ships them to Zimbabwe or some other poor country. They burn them in factories there as fuel or something.
>>
>>1179219
Why can't you hit up empty lots? Lots of people break the law and dump them anyway. You'd be doing the area a favor by taking them away.
>>
discount tire would probably be more than happy to let you take some off their hands. they fill up a shipping container with them and pay to have it dumped, so if you ask them for some of their old shitty tires im sure they would let you have them if you make it abundantly clear to them you arent driving with them as they probably have some legal bullshit regarding road safety and old tires
>>
>>1179391
albany was the best. I've never found another place that I can see a leather shop on one street and then two streets over a hooker getting slashed across the face while people shoot craps in the gutter. and then two streets from that it looks like new york city.
>>
File: Albany_beautiful.jpg (470KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Albany_beautiful.jpg
470KB, 1600x900px
>>1179391
>>1180903
I was impressed by Albany the last time I visited
>>
>>1180623
technically trespassing, although OP would be doing good by 'cleaning up'
>>
>>1180164
>>1179219
This, please.
>>
Wtf are you trying to do with 30+ tires other than make a back barrier for an outdoor gun range on your property?
Because there are cheaper options...
>>
File: images (42).jpg (6KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
images (42).jpg
6KB, 268x188px
>>1179219
Dafuq you trying to do?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.