[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oil furnace problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 20170422_171657.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170422_171657.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
I bought a house for $5,000 it's in pretty poor condition. The reason for the low price is its location and that the basement was flooded. Inside the basment was a water heater, fuel oil furnace and a fuel oil tank. The flooding ruined that water heater and furnace while knocking over the fuel oil tank spilling diesel everywhere. It sat for 3-5 years flooded. Most of the house has a stink to it. I pumped out the water oil mixture into a tank and properly disposed of it. My questions are, will pressure washing take away most of the smell? If not how can I get rid of the smell? If so what can I do to further rid the house of the smell.

I don't know why the picture is upside down.
>>
>>1178942
Ultratrch makes a coupke if products that might help.

Ultra-microbs a oil eating bacteria mixed with clay.
It will remove any remaining oil.

Additionally they make Oil Stain Remover.

Last step will be forced ventilation to evap anh remaing smell.

Steam cleaning can sometimes help. As a last last step.
>>
>>1178942
>It sat for 3-5 years flooded.
>how can I get rid of the smell?
demolish it, and pray no-one ever comes of the idea take soil samples or similar when you want to rebuild/resell as building land. Leaving a cellar flooded with 3-5 years with heating oil? - not going all tree-hugger on you here, but, not only will you never get rid of the smell this side of infinity, that building is polluted to fucking high heaven, fuel oil is actually some pretty nasty shit.
>>1178952
Some or all of which may have helped, when used immediately. It was fucking five years ago - IMO, no longer remediable, depends on spill amount.
>>
>>1178960
This.

At this point look at it as you got land for

demolition of building
Remove all waste
Excavate all contaminated soil.

Bring in clean fill and build a new.
>>
>>1178942
whats been said before but with an explaination. the oil has wicked into every fibre of the building by now. not just the building but into the surrounding soil. no matter what you do, you'll never be able to seal the basement because the oil will just degrade whatever you use to seal it. you'd need to dig out the oil contaminated soil, pay for tons of it to be disposed of then start work. you pretty much bought a toxic waste pit to live in.
>>
>>1178960
>>1178971
These guys know what's up. You will never get the smell out. Demo, build new.
>>
letting anyone live in that house would be negligent homicide
>>
Out of curiosity, how much would it cost op to return the land to its natural state? My guess:
10k demo, 2k soil testing, 5k toxic waste hauling and disposal, 1k dumbass fee. In dollars.
>>
File: BlackIce.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
BlackIce.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
>>1178942

I know, I know. Back to /o/.
>>
>>1179180
Thats one way to have a Fresh house
>>
>>1179177
>10k demo, 2k soil testing, 5k toxic waste hauling and disposal, 1k dumbass fee
more like 500k for toxic disposal
concrete and soil kill anything instantly
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.