[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vape Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: geekvape-avocado-deck.jpg (49KB, 800x474px) Image search: [Google]
geekvape-avocado-deck.jpg
49KB, 800x474px
Does anyone do this anymore?
I want a geekvape avocado 24 but I'm new and only watched about a weeks worth of youtube on the subject so I'm not very knowledgeable.
So far I have a vision 1300 pen with a throw away sample atomizer and really enjoyed it.
I don't smoke tobacco regularly but enjoyed the vape.
Does the mod matter that much?
I don't plan on going mech for now but would like to know more for future reference.
Are all atomizers cotton and coil?
I want one that will do concentrates as well such as thc concentrate is that something different?
Drop some knowledge?
>>
>>1178635
To do concentrates you will need another atomizer

I'm running an evic vtwo mini atm which is a premade mod with voltage/temp control and stuff, if you're doing a custom mod you'll probably want a cutoff in there somewhere so you don't blow your face off
>>
>>1178640
I don't plan to build my own mod for some time. What type of atomizer do you need for concentrates? I assume the cotton wicks don't work for them.
>>
>>1178640
I was thinking about a preditor mod from wismec to start since smok sounds like they are having leaking issues but I have barely dipped a toe into mods.
>>
Any good online sources? Most sites I have been to display the products but over half are out of stock even on new stuff.
Also good ejuice? I was thinking 100% vg because I have read pg metabolizes into something undesireable.
>>
>>1178665
I believe it's like a ceramic bowl that heats up, I'm not too sure I just do liquid.

I'm currently using a 0.15 ohm titanium dual coil for temp control, the wick can't get dry with temp control unless you run your fluid very low

>>1178667
I thought you meant the aliememe mod for a second there
>>
>>1178669
I think the preditor was wismecs response to smoks alien.
>>
I have a $20 Joye ego AIO

Good shyt
>>
Well, if you want the avacado, you're gonna be making your own coils and wicking them. For a dual coil genny dripper you'll definitely need at least an 80 watt device if you go the TC route. I'm myself waiting for my avacado to arrive from FT, I'm thinking that's gonna be either a 3mm fused ss 26/32ga clapton or a 3mm ss 24ga spaced coil. The 'cado can also be used in single coil mode. Get a dna200/133 or dna250/166 if you want a pretty solid and customizable mod
>>
File: DSCN2077.jpg (440KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN2077.jpg
440KB, 1600x1200px
Quit a decades long cigarette habit about 4 years ago.
I've been using the same setup(s) for about 3-1/2 years. Nemesis(mech) + Kayfun style with a vertical coil.
Not really into clouds or flavors, but I do make my own juice. (high nic, high PG, low flavor)

>Are all atomizers cotton and coil?
The cheap top coil attys use silica wick. Haven't kept up with the stuff, but I assume that's still true.

>>1178668
>I have read pg metabolizes into something undesireable.
Where did you get that? Looked into it years ago and all I could find was a single study showing no ill effects on monkeys exposed to high concentrations EXCEPT an unexplained weight gain.
>>
>>1178635
no i quit, i'm not changing the fucking battery every two weeks. it's enough that i have to charge it.
>>
>>1178667
I have a smok v8 stick I've been using for a few days. No leaks yet. Also have a smok vape pen 22 that I've had for about a couple weeks. It leaked on me once when I was first getting used to the open draw. I'd recommend the v8. The 22 not so much.
>>
>>1178794
>silica wick being used for anything vape related nowdays.

No man, just no.
>>
>>1178903
The batteries only last 2 weeks? Why?
>>
>>1178785
>>1178635
Protip for avocado 24 users: don't shove the wicks into the wick holes, lay them ON the wick holes. Sounds counterproductive but it's the only way this atty doesn't suck ass.
Also position the coils pretty high, as far as they don't touch the top (use the deck as a guide).
Do all these steps and you got the hands down best all-around atomizer money can buy.
For dabbing and thc concentrates this atty doesn't work, get a specialized one coz the only one that works (pi2 with stovetop coil) costs 130$, clones are rare af and it's a bitch to build

Imo get a 20700 mod (ijoy dropped a dope one) or wait for more to pop up so the 18650 platform drops in value. Avoid mechs, fuckin meme
>>
Vaping is a silly ritual. I get all the nicotine with no stupid ritual and for less money via nicotine gum or lozenges.
>>
File: TLJ.png (1MB, 830x605px) Image search: [Google]
TLJ.png
1MB, 830x605px
>>1179101
>for less money
Not if you /diy/

>Nicorette Nicotine Gum, 4mg, 160 count for $48
$48 / (160 * 4mg) = $48/640mg = $0.075/mg
>100mg/ml Nicotine Solution - 500ml for $57
$57 / (100mg*500) = $57/50,000mg = $0.00114/mg

Nicotine solution is cheaper than nicotine gum by a factor of 65.
Both gum and nicotine are cheap, yet nicotine gum isn't.
>happyPharmaMerchant.jpg

Even before I started buying in bulk, I'd figured the cost (down to drops of flavor) for juice at 6 cents per ml for 18mg/ml, or about $0.0033/mg. Still 22 times cheaper per nicotine mg for mixed juice compared to gum.

Batteries run me about $10/year, $20 of cotton and wire may well be a lifetime supply.
Couple mech mods&attys and a good18650 charger about $100 one time cost.

tl;dr
Nicotine replacement from pharmaceutical companies costs almost as much as smoking. DIY vaping is dirt cheap.
>>
Clones are typically as good as official RDA's I'd reccomend using an RDA over a RTA but thats all up to you, stay away from mechs until you have experience and know the resistance of different gauges of kanthal by inch off the top of your head, and know how to calculate headroom for your batteries based on resistance and mAh. I'd personally tell you to go with a clone for your RDA and an authentic for your box, look on 3Fvape, they have some fantastic stuff for cheap, look into getting a goon clone if you're into RDA's Personally I don't like the hybrid style you posted, but thats just my preference, nothing wrong with them, just not me Imo
>>
>>1179247
Thank you for the information.
>>
>>1179071
I am already accustomed to top air flow RDA's, so having the coils up higher is pretty normal for me. I personally prefer LiPo's over Li-Ion's, as their cost is lower, they're capable of higher energy output, and are safer. Their downside is their lower comparable capacity vs space and increased battery swap difficulty.
>>
Has anyone tried the Fumytech Dragon Ball RDTA?
>>
>>1179880
How does the lifespan of the two compare?
>>
>>1180253
>Fumytech Dragon Ball RDTA
They look neat. Pretty standard RDTA. Top fill is nice. Might have a leaking problem but you could modify it if it has a problem.
>>
>>1179880
>LiPo
What are the best LiPo mods?
>>
Fucking fasttech with their everything is final after you click buy, my fault for not checking twice

Accidentally bought a clone vtc mini, anyone know if the clones can be flashed with the real firmware? It's not arrived yet but apparently the tc on the clones is terrible
>>
>>1181218
Look through the product discussion
>>
File: IMG_20170524_202452.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170524_202452.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>1178635
I use an Avocado. Been using it for a couple of years now, it's a great atomizer. The 22 one. I use it with a SMPL mod. 3mg nicotine, 0.3 ohms.
As long as you don't use shitty batteries and watch your coiling (ohm regarding) you're fine with mecs.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.