[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is contractors' solvent safe to use on a traffic sign?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.png (120KB, 138x335px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
120KB, 138x335px
I bought a traffic sign in Aruba identical to the one in pic related. However, it was wrapped in saran wrap to protect it when I picked it up from the company so it wouldn't get scratched on the flight home. I took the plastic wrap off and mounted it on my wall, but it still has some plastic wrap residue left over on it.

tl;dr: Will I ruin a traffic sign if I clean it with contractors' solvent?
>>
>>1178412
let me get my crystal ball out...
wtf is contractors solvent? contractor of what exactly?
what is the sign made out of?
why can't you peel off the wrap off? was the paint still wet when the wrap was applied?

is the edge double folded? try some solvent on the back where you won't see it fuck up. rub it the same as you would rub the wrap off when you are testing it too.
>>
File: contractors-solvent[1].png (147KB, 198x390px) Image search: [Google]
contractors-solvent[1].png
147KB, 198x390px
>>1178433
>wtf is contractors solvent? contractor of what exactly?
Pic related. It's a degreaser that claims to be safe for nearly anything and one of its primary ingredients is orange oil.
>what is the sign made out of?
It's made out of a metal base with a highly reflective piece of material stuck on the front where the sign portion is. I'm not sure what the main sign part is, but it feels kind of like plastic-coated metal.
>why can't you peel off the wrap off? was the paint still wet when the wrap was applied?
I peeled the wrap off just fine, but there is still a notable film of residue left.
>>
>>1178440
Signs are designed to weather outdoor temperature and ran abuse I dont think some light solvent will hurt it

also Contractors solvent is awesome
>>
Give it back, Jamal.
>>
>>1178517
True. I tested it in an inconspicuous area and it seems to work fine.
>>1178528
I had it custom made by Retraco, the sign shop that is a government contractor to make all the traffic signs on the island.
>>
>>1178412
Make a shield.
>>
Googone or rubbing alcohol

How'd you manage to leave the country and make it back?
>>
>>1178651
It kind of reminded me of a Captain America shield when I was carrying it through the airport.
>>1178687
I taped the receipt onto the sign to show that it was a private purchase and that I wasn't stealing it. It couldn't fit through the airport x ray machines, so the security officers had to manually inspect it. They allowed me to take it as my "personal item" on the plane, as it didn't fit in my suitcase (it has a 60 cm diameter).
>>
>getting a custom traffuc sign on your trip to Aruba, then getting home and struggling to get tape residue off

A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>1178738
The bit where we discuss what Traffic Signs are made of, was my favorite part.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.