[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I Tried /biz/ But They Only Understand Bitcoin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 4

File: wind-turbines17.jpg (976KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wind-turbines17.jpg
976KB, 1280x1024px
I've got a wind-turbines and solar setup going that's giving me more energy than I know what to do with anymore. What are the best ways I can profit off of this without really needing to do much after setting-up some equipment? I've got the meter running backwards and aside from farming, crypto-mining and transaction commissions, I don't know what else to do.

Any ideas that aren't too bandwidth-hungry?
>>
have neighbors?
>>
>>1178301
None close by.
>>
>>1178282
Build a green house. Light it at night.
>>
>>1178282
build electric vehicle, work for Uber.
>profit.
>>
If your meter is running backwards shouldn't the power company be paying you for contributing to the grid
>>
>>1178311
If his production is exceeding his usage.
>>
>>1178308
I'm not growning plants. That's too much work for too little profit.
>>
>>1178310
>build electric vehicle, work for Uber
I plan on getting an electric car, but there's no way I'll work for Uber. This is about trying to get the electricity to do all the work, so I don't have to.
>>
File: IMG_6048.jpg (118KB, 450x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6048.jpg
118KB, 450x400px
>>1178315
>too little profit
>>
>>1178282
Why not sell to the grid?
>>
>>1178315
>too little profit
you got no neighbors, free electricity, (I assume) a bit of land, you don't wanna work for a living.. you placing stones in your own path to success and riches here.
>>
>>1178282
Build a machine that turns water and CO2 from the atmosphere into oil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water-gas_shift_reaction#Reverse_water-gas_shift
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fischer%E2%80%93Tropsch_process
>>
>>1178321
I'm not growing weed or any other drugs. Although a microbrewery might be easy enough to automate.

>>1178324
I'm already fucking doing that.

>>1178325
I've got neighbors, but I've got to drive about a half hour to get to them. Everyone around me farms and I've got no experience in doing so, it'll take more work than it's worth both to grow the food and to get/find anybody who'd actually want it.
>>
>>1178282
Set up a camp ground easy and charge people to use power.
>>
>>1178328
Really neat idea, seems like there's a big potential to go wrong. Reminds me of an idea I had to distill and bottle xenon or other gases.
>>
If the money you make selling that back to the grid isn't enough, you could just save it for maintenance/repairs/expansion of your turbines and panels, or depending on your agricultural zone there's some niche things you could do that will be way more profitable than the work put in. If I were you I would just take whatever money you're making from it and put it into maintenance on your house or power setup, seems boring short term but your plumbing can go to shit (literally) at any time, and it's expensive repairs. Just make a little nest egg for retirement or emergencies.
>>
>>1178332
Of course there's a potential for things to go wrong, but that's always present. You could get hit by a car while crossing the road. I fail to see how that's relevant.
>>
>>1178334
Crossing the road is a bit different than using electricity to turn carbon monoxide into a flammable oil within my own home.
>>
>>1178339
Coward.
>>
>>1178341
Idiot.
>>
>>1178314
He said his meter rolls backwards
>>
>>1178282
>/diy/ thread
>OP is a lazy fatso
>>
>>1178345
It's not that I'm lazy, I just want to turn my extra energy into extra money, not extra work.
>>
>>1178333
I already have a fairly large nest egg and make more than enough to cover repairs. I'd rather put a little of that money to work.
>>
>>1178360
Fair enough, no risk no reward right? What area do you live in just out of curiosity? Some stuff like bamboo will pretty much grow to tree-height within 5 years if you plant shoots, and you can sell them for a decent price. Or you could just plant some niche cereal grains and make an electric mill to grind them into flour, then sell at the farmers market. I bet you could find a way to use that electricity to simply automate a lot of cool stuff. Idk much about breeds, but specific phenotypes of koi fish can fetch fucking thousands. Plus you can eat the trash ones and it looks cool.
>>
>>1178365
Continued
Unfortunately the most guaranteed profitable uses for that electricity mostly involve drugs, but if you're not up to doing anything greasy, I bet there's still other stuff you could grow hydroponically.
>>
>>1178365
>>1178369
I'm just really not into farming or drugs. My biggest issue is that i'd need to keep buying things to maintain it. Buying a computer, setting it up and letting it run are all simple enough, but unless I can heavily automate the farm so it runs off my septic system as the fertilizer and somehow does all the harvesting for me, I'd rather not touch it.

I want to keep it simple:
- sell the electricity
- mine bitcoins and process transactions
- host a server
- distill Xenon from air and bottle it
>>
>>1178384
Those all sound like pretty good ideas. You could also kind of use the electricity to power an object that could save you time or money, like making a robot lawnmower or buying two chest freezers to store food long term
>>
>>1178487
A lawnmower robot is something I have thought about. I've also been eyeballing an ozone system for my laundry, so I wouldn't need detergent anymore, but I'm not entirely sure yet.
>>
File: 1476892352439.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1476892352439.gif
2MB, 320x240px
what if
connect the wind turbine to a sun lamp that points at a solar panel
>>
>>1178521
And then the solar panels connect to fans!
>>
>>1178521
>>1178530
This might be a good way to make money, if I were in the business of selling wind turbines, sun lamps, solar panel and fans to retards.
>>
Rather surprised this hasn't been suggested.
Build/buy a shed, build/buy some server racks and cooling equipment and setup a small server farm.

Maybe see if a mobile company would want to build a tower on your land and buy your power? Though they might have doubts about its stability.

Satellite groundstation comes to mind but it would be difficult to monetize.
>>
>>1178509
dudes. ozone is hyper-carcinogen breeding, me no recommendo friendo.. basically any solvents, glues, and most synthetic and organic materials that have ever touched a cyclic aromatic molecule in their structure will quickly convert to aldehydes... i think you could get away with it, all you need is a brushed motor that sparks away all day. Ozone... the smell of lightning! when people talk about antioxidants and shit, ozone is one of the main problems aside from you know, pure oxygen and its equivalent oxidizers. you would be replacing belts in your dryer like hell, as well as chasing down electrical problems with the deteriorating insulation, pcb, nylon, etc that make up any boards and wires. stick to uv, or supercritical co2 :D
>>
>>1178310
t. man who has never driven for uber

>>ill take 'what is a "new" car' for 800
>>
>>1178576
But ozone laundry cleaning is an actual thing
>>
>>1178576
what the fuck did I just read

Ozone cleaning is a real thing, y'know, and the dose makes the poison. Those issues of yours can be mitigated with proper precautions beforehand.

Also,
>:D
Faggot.
>>
Cell phone tower.
>>
In some countries you can sell the electricity to the electricity companies, check if it works in yours.
>>
>>1178384
>distill Xenon from air and bottle it
This is the most interesting, I wonder how much supervision the distillation column requires
>>
>>1178696

I don't think this is do-able for a hillbilly especially considering the abundance of byproducts produced unless there's some specialty apparatus involved.
>>
>>1178321

Federal time isn't profit.

They can grow weed but hypocritically we can't.

They will throw you in the rape cage and steal all your possessions for growing weed.
>>
>>1178346
Mine Bitcoin.

Srsly though, a brewery or greenhouse for high-value crops are good ideas. Yes, it'll entail some extra work.
>>
>>1178329
do NOT sell it to the grid until there is mass pollution, you will make A LOT more in the future than right now.
>>
>>1178331
Thats a pretty good idea
>>
>>1178311
Depends on the municipality. Mine doesn't. It's complete bullshit.
>>
>>1178282
start a machineshop/fab shop?
>>
>>1178887
He could be making money now, too. You are a moron, but so is he for asking here.
>>
>>1178282
Sell to the grid. Unless there is no grid at your location and the value of the power is (for some reason) much higher there, you can't arbitrage the system.
>>
>>1178521
>what if
>connect the wind turbine to a sun lamp that points at a solar panel

He's trying to USE electricity - not make more!
>>
>>1178331
>>1178924
Maybe, but there might be a bunch of legal hurdles. It also seems like a very inefficient use of land.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AmMV-Bmhh8

here a bitshad for you
>>
>>1178282
Electrolyze water and compress the hydrogen to gas bottles. Use gas from the bottles to bleed a little H2 gas into your car engine to offset some of the fuel consumption.

Get this to work well and start selling gas bottles to neighbours.
>>
>>1180170
It'd be safer, better and easier to just get an electric car. Hydrogen burns at a faster rate and higher temperature than gas, so it'd mess-up the timing of the engine firing.
>>
You could make bio diesel. Heating that stuff is pretty electric intensive.
>>
>>1180274
Buying a new car is more expensive and then you need all of a sudden a lot of hydrogen.

you are right that hydrogen has more oomph, that is why I suggested bleeding in hydrogen gas as an addition, not using 100 percent hydrogen.
>>
>>1180274
Why couldn't you adjust the timings?
Would a modern car's computer be able to compensate? They can usually accommodate variations in 'Octane'
>>
>>1180274
With all the bullshit fuel savers including vaporizers, people forget that the engine is designed to gain some cylinder cooling from the evaporation of the gasoline. That spray of liquid distributed all over the cylinder that evaporates takes some heat with it

I saw someone talking about using a bubbler and shit to directly push gasoline vapor into the engine supposedly increasing efficiency, not realizing how much life they are taking off the engine itself
>>
>>1178282
can you share any figures about how many kwh you're generating per turbine?
>>
>>1178282
Host servers (co-lo)
>>
>>1178328
Even with the basically-free electricity from a carrier's nuclear reactors, the Navy judged this would cost them about $7/gal to do. Surprisingly low, but still not competitive in the current oil market.

>>1178384
>- distill Xenon from air and bottle it
Sounds interesting. As long as you're cryocooling and distilling the atmosphere, you could try selling dry ice, LN2, LOX and other industrial gasses too, though they might not be as profitable if there isn't a good local market for them.

What else can you do with excess cryocooling...
Sell cryonic preservation services (or subcontract for it)? Maybe something with superconductors? I dunno.

>>1178721
>abundance of byproducts produced
Dude, it's fucking air. Worst case scenario, you just vent it.
>>
Get an electric crucible and melt aluminum cans into ingots. Sell aluminum. Profit!
>>
tv station

go to town meetings or wherever the local paper shuffler is and show him a petition to implement the energy rebate or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>1180695
>melt aluminum cans into ingots. Sell aluminum.
beverage can recycling is subsidized by the beverage industry
cans are worth more as cans than as aluminum ingots
>>
Open an electric car-only "gas" station.

Make sure you have it with a sign like "CHARGE UP ONLY - NO REPAIRS, NO AUTO SERVICE"
>>
>>1180695
I've been meaning to do that, not for profit, just for fun. I've been keeping the tabs from the cans & refunding the cans themselves. I've been meaning to quit drinking entirely, so I hope i'll only be doing it once.
>>
>>1181260
Not enough cars around to make it profitable.
>>
>>1178282

Water sanitation. Use it to power a pump that pushes through an RO membrane in case you live close to salt water, otherwise regular filters.

I'm a production and construction engineer for an offshore wind company, there's so much fun stuff you could do with one if you don't have to follow any industry guidelines.
>>
>>1181381
I prefer to avoid using filters that need to be replaced instead of cleaned. Aside from supplying my house with all the water I need, what fun is there to be had?
>>
>>1181359
It's low maintenance and meets a (very low) demand with very low supply. All I mean is basically having a way for someone to pull off the road and use a charger that open when they put money in. All you have to do is keep it clean.

Another idea is that you can get one or more big fucking freezers to sell ice or cold storage space. If you're near farms then this might be viable.
>>
>>1181381
>>1181383
>>1181401
Yep, there you go. Sanitize water and sell ice.
>>
>>1181381

You can use rough filters such as sand filters. Backflushing them is enough to clean them, and is fully automated in most units. I do see the point on uselessness.

Have you though about using water as an energy storage unit? Fill up a huge basin whilst windy, and use a small hydroturbine or pelton turbine to power a generator for energy.
>>
>>1181401
>It's low maintenance and meets a (very low) demand with very low supply. All I mean is basically having a way for someone to pull off the road and use a charger that open when they put money in. All you have to do is keep it clean.
But nobody around me would use it. It'd be an outlet in the middle of nowhere.

>Another idea is that you can get one or more big fucking freezers to sell ice or cold storage space. If you're near farms then this might be viable.
I suppose that could work.
>>
>>1181405
Around here guys pay per day per animal to hang meat to age, quite busy during hunting seasons as most guys don't have a meat cooler at home.
>>
>>1181405
>>1181409

Climate-controlled storage in general is probably viable if you can set up the space.
>>
>>1181411

Requires a shit ton of freon and control equipment. Not recommendable for a layman.
>>
>>1178282
Buy power banks.
Charge them.
Sell them for a larger price, as they are already charged.
>>
>>1181414
It doesn't really seem that hard. It'd amount to buying a really large freezer or a really well air-conditioned room.

>>1182401
That seems really dumb.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.