[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Concrete sink diy question Instead of making a mold and all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: il_340x270.1148620942_5xqo.jpg (21KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.1148620942_5xqo.jpg
21KB, 340x270px
Concrete sink diy question

Instead of making a mold and all that I was thinking of using the left over tiles and build a sink and coat it with cement or something else. So what should I use to cover the sink with? Also, will a tile sink covered in cement or similar be sturdy enough to use?
>>
>>1177407
Concrete is gonna be hard as hell to clean out, prevent water leaching, and the lime leaching into the pipes is gonna be nanners. I'm very interested in you keeping a record of the lime buildup over time so I can compare it to porcelain and steel, if you would.
>>
if you're gonna do a concrete sink, do it right.
Not worth the effort imo tho.
rete is kinda porous for a sink
>>
>>1177434
>kinda porous for a sink
polished concrete?
>>
>>1177435
yes?
>>
File: 20170512_094808.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170512_094808.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Never got an answer in the homeowners diy thread for what else I could use pic related for, but this might be another application?
>>
>>1177464
Could use it to seal the doors of a fertility clinic.
>>
>>1177465
Seriously though, it's a little expensive at $40/qt, but I've been really impressed at how water just beads up and rolls right off of it. Even though concrete is a lot more porous than granite, I'd expect that it would only take a cup of this stuff or less to seal a reasonable sized sink. Not sure if lime would still stick to the sink, but if you're going to try the concrete sink anyway, it's probably worth it to try sealing it with this.
>>
>>1177407

So ive done a few bits with polished concrete.

Firstly you want a proper mix, its needs to be stronger and denser than a regular one, lots of info online about this.

Also with all the contours of a sink i really dont see how you are going to get the smooth finish you need without a mould?

Its pretty hard to do this stuff well and takes a fair bit of trial and error, also whatever form of seal you use the sink will require maintenance over the years.
>>
>>1177465
kek
>>
>>1177672
looks perfect for this
>>
>>1177682
>how you are going to get the smooth finish you need without a mould
I was thinking of sanding it into shape while it's still curing.
>>
I suggest steel
concrete can't stand against acid
>>
>>1177863
It will also stain easily.
>>
>>1177863
...could you paint over it with like a ceramic slurry and get that to set?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.