[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3in1wrench

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Crescent-3in1.jpg (24KB, 590x204px) Image search: [Google]
Crescent-3in1.jpg
24KB, 590x204px
i've been thinking to buy this for a month does anyone have experience using one
>>
>>1177387
ypud be better off with 'proper' tools when possible - probably aint fun gripping that with a stuck nut, and I'd be particularly dubious about its worth as a pipe wrench, for example - but, if you aint got nothing, anything sure better.

>been thinking to buy this for a month
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BCN60T8
its under $20, but, dont rush into large purchase decisions now. And for that price, its prob. OK, till you can afford specific tools.
>>
Any pass thru socket sets worth buying?
>>
>>1177404
just bought it any way.
>>
>>1177410
I have an old GearRatchet set and recently got a Bostich set. Both have a great selection of sockets without major gaps, and both are high quality for what they are.

Dont bother buying the crescent or channellock or any of the other Spline socket ones that have in between SAE and Metic sizes.
The shit is retarded.
A sharp spline drive socket that fits both metric and standard poorly?
You are just asking to chew up your fasteners.
>>
>>1177410
I have a set and I don't reach for it as much as I thought I would. When you need it though, you can't beat it.

The problem I ran into is that the sockets are wider and don't always fit into tight spots
>>
>>1177387

A proper man has a full mechanics tool set. Leave the gimmicky stuff for women and nu-males.
>>
>>1179365
Having a pass through set is part of having a full tool set
>>
>>1179411
Any decent wrench comes with a ratchet closed end

a gimmick is a gimmick. spend your money how you wish.

cunt
>>
>>1179415
>Any decent wrench comes with a ratchet closed end

How far do you want to take the whole "gimmick" moniker?
Gearwrenches were "gimmicky" when they came out too.

Am I to understand that I am not a proper man if I dont have a full gearwrench set in addition to my regular wrench set?
>>
>>1179426
i've never had a gearwrench fail on me.

What OP posted was a crescent wrench, which is pretty much a go-to for the wrong tool for the job, attached to a fucking ratchet, and a limited number of 12 point sockets. This product screams of a sales gimmick.

This is not how you want to start a tool collection out.

What part of this are you having trouble comprehending?

Are you an ESL? Paco is that you? You have to go back to Mexico.
>>
>>1179431
Agreed. Gearwrench works every time. Crescent slips every time.
>>
>>1179431
>i've never had a gearwrench fail on me.

I have, an old Taiwanese one not even the current shitty chinese ones.
But thats not really the point, nobody said they were unreliable.

>What part of this are you having trouble comprehending?

The part where OP already said he bought the thing, the thread had turned into a general pass through socket set thread, and then you snap when I said you should own a pass through set. It was a general statement, not anything about the particular set in the OP.

Its kind of baffling to me that you would be against pass through socket sets when you tout GearWrench. One for the fact that thats essentially what they are, and two that they literally sell a pass through socket set themselves.

>Are you an ESL? Paco is that you? You have to go back to Mexico.

Im not sure what this is trying to get at, but if you are really that nationalistic shouldnt you be buying american made tools not chinese ones?
>>
I have one and like it. I already had the craftsman pass through set so mostly got it as an extra... most useful feature is that the crescent wrench part is abbot skinnier than my normal silverplated wrenches.. has come in handy in a few cases.. used the pipe wrench feature maybe once or twice on black pipe to a stove.. found it not great but not terrible.. I just have regular pipe wrenches that I'd rather grab if I'm fucking around with gas... I do appliance repair.. fwiw it's survived being my go to hammer on more than a few occasions with only mild scratching on the finish.. also has worked well as a prybar on occasion.
>>
>>1179442
Oddly best part of a passthrough set in my opinion is that the total height of the socket on the ratchet is usually less than a normal set
>>
>>1179447
I occasionally use my GearRatchet set because of that.
The overall height is actually shorter than a regular ratchet using my matco shallow sockets.
>>
>>1179363
This is the only problem. I use mine all the time, wish it had an extension too
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.