[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Truck camping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0046.jpg (119KB, 800x691px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0046.jpg
119KB, 800x691px
So guys I'm trying to ease my way out of tent camping since I've been doing it since the first grade. I don't have enough money to buy a camper or cargo trailer unfortunately so I want to make my truck bed like a camper. I have a large bed since I drive a 2000 f250 so room in that area shouldn't be too bad. I do however have a tool box and a gooseneck hitch in the bed of my truck to work around. Any ideas besides buying a camper too? Pic unrelated
>>
File: 1AIoprs.jpg (24KB, 517x517px) Image search: [Google]
1AIoprs.jpg
24KB, 517x517px
Put a tent on it
>>
>>1176586
lol
>>
>>1176582
>get rid of the ifunny water mark
>place down a matress on the bed of the truck
> use tarp to cover when traveling
>use pipes to frame the tarp so you can use the matress with decent head space
>pack along your camping gear in the pick up
>use a bucket for the toilet and to save for later
>use a bug screen to screen away bugs
>for heating you should light a fire under the truck
>for cooling you should just climb into the truck and do some donuts.
>if you want tv with your camper experience then maybe you should have stayed home
>>
U wot mate
>>
>>1176582

I apologize in advance of this being a rather vague description. But a buddy of mind did something like this in his pickup which has a bed about the size of an f250. First he got an above-cab camper shell. He looked for a used one and got if for cheap (like $200-$300). Next he made a wood frame as square as the bed would allow (non-treated 2x4). The frame supported 3/4 plywood about a foot or so off the bed. He then fit a queen size mattress on the top of the plywood. Under the plywood was used as a storage area. The entire frame could be easily lifted out when the truck was needed for non-camping.

He also went to a parts yard and got a second tailgate for cheap. He cut a spot in this tailgate for a 5000 BTU A/C.
>>
>>1176627
Remember how you said that you don't want to just buy a camper. Well that is sorta what your friend did. If you really want to diy it then weld curogated metal together and design it so you can insulate it, then do the rest like your friendo
>>
Build a platform over the gooseneck for sleeping.

Get a tarp and pvc piping, and build a modern day covered wagon for shelter. You can disassemble it when not using it.
>>
File: 1978-ford-f150-extended-cab-1.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1978-ford-f150-extended-cab-1.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
>>1176582
In the 1980s, when the family would go on long drives to other states for my dad's business, we'd sleep in the bed of the truck on a foam mattress. The truck had a topper. That was all that was ever needed. In the mountains, we used a small propane heater that was vented out one of the topper windows.

It was one of these models with the topper, a mini fridge, CB radio, pipe brush guards, spot lights, solar battery tender, roll cage, a second gas tank, a second battery, and a second alternator. All were DIY add-ons, even the 2nd gas tank with switch to change tanks (200gallons of fuel for two 50gal tanks, 9mpg, 1800 miles max before gassing up).

I slept so much in that thing that it feels like 1/4 of my childhood was spent riding around in it. The only problem was a minor problem, finding level ground to park and sleep. The best advice was that if the ground is slightly unlevel, park so that the lower end is where your legs point.
>>
>>1176607
KEK
>>
File: Sportz-57-Series-Truck-Tent.jpg (40KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
Sportz-57-Series-Truck-Tent.jpg
40KB, 400x268px
>>1176582
Do this.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.