[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIY time delayed damage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: index.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
I was wondering if /diy/ could help me. I want to do something to a wood framed structure that will cause some damage but kinda on a delay or take weeks to have a noticeable effect. Like a slow rotting of the wood or something like that. I don't want to make it fall, I just want to make local damage that will be expensive to fix. I though of letting lose some termites. Being the south, termites are a problem here and won't look like it was caused by a human.
>>
>>1176514
> story time
>>
File: ytho.jpg (44KB, 648x348px) Image search: [Google]
ytho.jpg
44KB, 648x348px
>>1176514
>>1176519

Seconded, need back story on why first.
>>
>>1176514
what is this, a picture of ants?
>>
>>1176540
Termite.
>>
File: Capture.png (148KB, 988x498px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
148KB, 988x498px
>>1176537
>>1176519
I live in a apartment complex and the wymins that run this place are complete cunts. They wont fix shit, I live with black mold, and the sub floor in one of the rooms seems to be falling in. I have tried to get them to fix this shit but they don't do a god damn thing to fix it. They gave me a paper saying they are not going to renew my lease even if I wanted to. I guess when you want them to actually fix shit, they kick you out. Between that and how this place has gone down hill and all the frustration their incompetence has caused me I want to do something that will cost them money and make the next tenant miserable too. But I have to be gone a while before the effects show. When I get out of here I am also going to do a social media blitz on how bad this place is. They bill it as luxury apartments, but this is not lux by any means. I have read many reviews online and most of the bad ones are that when real work needs to be done, the office cunts just treat you like shit either till you leave or they just don't renew you. I posted a bad review one time and the manager cunt actually took the time to connect the dots and call us out. Ever since then, she has been a bitch to us. And I am not the only one. It is so bad, they give away Starbucks gift cards, but in order to get the gift card you have to go on apartment ratings dot com and leave a good review. Attached is a capture of a picture from my neighbor from the emails they send out when it is gift card time lol. Since the cunt in the office is such a vindictive fat ass bitch, I wanna make their life as miserable as mine has been.
>>
>>1176514
brah, be careful what you post. but if you want some bad karma, make sure you get the local species of termites... hope you dont get sued!
>>
>>1176566
Maybe if I let it roll off my back, Karma will get the bitch in the office?
>>
>>1176566
>>1176568
I'd be all for that. Do stupid people get what they have coming to them?
>>
>>1176551
termites are cool n all, but unless you can bring in a family (as in a queen and several workers) they're not gonna do much.

Think slightly bigger. Get some wood borer bugs, or some mice for maximum lulz.
>>
>>1176514
collect all the cockroaches that you can catch and release them in the wall spaces, attic and basement. They multiply very fast and stink up the place real good. Or just put small holes in the water pipes near wood stuffs. Just small enough to make them undetectable, but will soak and spoil the wood after quite some time.
>>
Carpenter anta.. Termites.. Loosen a pipe so it gets a tiny micro drip.. But termites need water anyway.
>>
>>1176598
One fun thing is orange juice poppers in any kind of wall space. It'll take months to go off but once it does it'll be putrid.

t. Did it to get back at my last landlord and didn't get caught
>>
>>1176551
building inspector. see if you can get the shithole condemned.

Call the local news "in your corner" folks.

Alert the apartment ratings site of the game they are playing.
>>
>>1176551
Call the local housing our health dept. If it is as bad as you say.

Also contact a lawyer
>>
>>1176551
Holy shit anon. What they are doing is probably highly illegal. You don't need to resort to termites to ruin their asses.
>>1176742
THIS.
>>
File: i-mHGdmM5-L.jpg (54KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
i-mHGdmM5-L.jpg
54KB, 800x451px
>>1176551
Posts like this remind me why I'll never rent again.

Not. Fucking. Worth. It.

If I want to put holes in the walls, I'll fucking put holes in the walls and nobody will tell me otherwise.

>>1176742
>local news
>>1176748
>housing or health dept
This.
>>
>>1176641
I dont understand
>>
>>1177670
Surely you've encountered moldy food in your life
>>
>>1176581
Depends on the species. In Texas we have subterranean termites, which eat the soft wood and leave the dark wood. Dry wood termites do not require ground contact and make small air colonies. They will eat everything between the paint. They don't do well in the heat so they stay north of us, they do make it down here though. Now Formosan termites are beasts. They like very high moisture levels and are tearing up Houston and other coastal areas. They're about an inch in size and will destroy a house or structure very quickly.
All termites are female, with the exclusion of the males that hatch once a year then die after breeding.
Most termites in North America can molt into what's needed for the colony. IE soldiers and, swarmers (queens).
The queen releses a pheromone for her presence and other things that I won't get into, if the workers no longer detect the queen, they'll molt into a swarmer.
This is why there isn't an instant fix for them. It's either repel or colony elimination.
I'm an Entomologist and exterminator, with 15+ years of experience.
>>
>>1176551
Bro you don't even need to mess with termites

Just call state inspectors / state health management and tell them what's going on

You can fuck them without any of the legal trouble of getting caught
>>
>>1177699
Yeah sadly. But wtf is an orange popper?
>>
>>1178797
Some kind of fatass American food substitute I expect
>>
>>1178829
O B S E S S E D
>>1178797
An orange juice popper is when you take a carton of orange juice and open it, adding water so that there is no remaining airspace. Add a little sugar+baking soda as well if you desire, for quicker effects. Then leave it open in a warm place for 2-3 days, until it starts to smell funny. Then just hide in a wall and after a few days the fermentation occuring inside will cause the orange juice carton to burst, spilling rancid orange juice and mold all over the place.
>>1176514
Look OP, you want to go for the slow burn on this, in a way that will dissuade all people from living there. Look up the symptoms of chronic radon exposure, and call up a building testing service complaining of them.
I don't know about the south, but in the northeast recently some materials were revealed to outgas argon, which is toxic or something, and now everybody's freaking about it.
Try to time the testing van showing up with some big event with lots of people, and get a friend to sound really worried, maybe even pass around sheets with really vague symptoms list so everybody gets panic-y. For bonus points, find a way to induce a false positive on the test and hang it all over.
Asbestos, mercury, lead, or some other substance inimical to human life would do just as well, but this is pretty topical and nobody knows jack about it yet so it might work well.
Godspeed.
>>
>>1178874
Just realized I mistakenly wrote argon in the second paragraph. Meant radon, whoops
>>
>>1178874
Radon thing is clever, people get super worked up about it
>>
I used to work maintenance in an apartment community. So my tips would be
-german roaches
-small slits in A/C freon lines for slow, hard to find leaks.
>>
>>1178874
>O B S E S S E D
O B E S E
>>
>>1176551
Look up your local and state Landloard Tennent Codes. (Most states say you need to submit your repair complaint in writing with proof they received your letter Certified Mail, Return Recipt) after that, if they don't fix it within the time prescribed by law, you may be able to hire someone to do the repairs and give them the receipt in stead of paying the rent. Any retaliation, and you can sue them.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.