[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on building a fortress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 7

i'm 20 and currently getting kicked out of the house.

I live just outside of Detroit and found a home for 1k with no back taxes. they are fucking giving these houses away. I was thinking about buying one getting it up to code, and making it into a fortress with defenses, self sustainability, and reinforced windows and doors. most likely wont have to worry about hostile nigs because all the other houses are pretty much burnt to the ground. i was thinking solar panels to help with bills. its on a half acre so i could definitely farm a lot of food.

also if I come to a point to where I can afford it, i will buy the rest of the block and set up a feudalist system where the homeless are the serfs. I would have i kingdom.

pic very similar but not the house
>>
>>1175926
*a kingdom
>>
>>1175926
moat
>>
Moat
>>
>>1175926
cannons
>>
>>1175935
aw hell yeah
>>
>>1175926
Put up a now hiring sign
>>
>>1175926
Op I want to buy a house too , what is the sauce ?
>>
>>1175954
http://auctions.buildingdetroit.org/BuyNow/Home
>>
>>1175955
>tfw poorfag
>can't buy a house in Detroit for 1k
>can't burn it to the ground and save the lot
>can't sit on it till Trump brings manufacturing back and prices shoot back up
>tfw I'll always be a poorfag
>>
>>1175955
Thanks bro , maybe we can be an cap neighbors and fight off horses together.
>>
>>1175926
If you own a home, there are a ton of liabilities. Taxes, environmental requirements, and you might be liable if somebody trespasses and gets hurt.

Don't buy the place unless you intend on living there.

Also, don't live in Detroit. You'll get mugged going out for groceries.
>>
>>1175958
theres some that get auctioned for less than $100 really frequently. most have back taxes though
>>
>>1175962
i intend on living there
>>
make sure to bury a shipping crate and use it as a saferoom in a critical chimpout situation

keep a half ton of imitation crab meat in there for rations
>>
>>1175967
i was planning on it if i could afford it
>>
>>1175926
Buy home , " it burns down in a accidental fire."
>>
>>1175926
How can they force you to live there?
>>
>>1175971
i kind of want to lol my live is astoundingly boring
>>
>>1175926
any back utilities?

utility costs transfer to the new owner too, bc lol fucking Detroit
>>
>>1175926
Better budget for new wiring, plumbing and fixtures before you think about a moat. Because I'll guarantee that all the existing stuff has been ripped out by the meth addicts.
>>
>>1175955
>These prices
Wtf, euro here, how much of a shithole is Detroit really? And why aren't they rehabilitating it?
>>
>>1175988
It more closely resembles Somalia at this point.
>>
>>1175988
If you aren't black you will get shot at.
>>
>>1175926
https://www.youtube.com/user/proshea01/videos

if you are really serious, contact this guy, for a small fee he will take you around, give you an honest opinion about what you can do, he also can teach you, via his channel how to do a "Shea Show" low as you can go style re-hab. Shea runs a management/rehab company that does the heavy lifting and rental management for foreclosed properties.
>>
>>1175926
Those solar panels are going to dissapear as soon as you leave the house. A well maintained house in a place like that is begging to be robbed and murdered.
>>
>>1175965
You better intend on dying there...
>>
>>1176004
Go away. Shill you shit some where else.
>>
>>1175926
>also if I come to a point to where I can afford it, i will buy the rest of the block and set up a feudalist system where the homeless are the serfs. I would have i kingdom.
Start a kickstarter and make it a reality show and I will contribute... thats a fucking great idea
>>
>>1175955
wtf 1k?? even brazillian favela's prices aint that low... how much of a shithole is detroit??
you can actually BUY a house for 1000 bucks???
>>
>>1175926
Get away from Detroit, chances of you being kicked out from where you're at will only get your lazy out again.

Get away from There and try being roomamates with someone less shitty than you
>>
>>1176046
couldnt understand the first phrase would you mind rephrasing it?
>>
>>1175926
The cost of the house is hardly the most important factor.

The economy in detroit is shattered. Theres no jobs for unskilled labor, theres no food, and the infrastructure is failed.
>>
anon who also lives in detroit area here, and goes to detroit frequently. It's not that bad, what neighborhood are you looking at? Genreally most neighbors will welcome you as long as you keep your yard and house looking tidy, I don't think you need much more than a decent security system and you won't get shot going to get groceries. Seriously, just don't call them the n word, dont wave a confederate flag. just bea friend;ly neighborhood and helpo the community in some way, and you'll be fine. I have friends who have done the same thing and enjoy their big houses, that did need some work, but you still cant beat the price. Get something in mexican town if you want a return on your investment in the next five years, that's the area that gentirfiers and developers have their eye on next, look at shit like el club and the other shit going in there
>>
>>1176076
ignoring all the gentrification in midtown, quicken loans, the new stadiums and all the high end retailers to draw people in the suburbs back to spending money in detroit, There's a lot of jobs to be had, as long as you're white and will make the surburbanites feel safer.
>>
>>1176089
This thread is mostly people who've never been within 500 miles of Detroit.
>>
>>1176095
Shit. I'm 20 minutes away and go their to get shitfaced when i'm sick of all the neighborhood joints. I could have had these guys convinced i'm equivalent to judge dredd.
>>
>>1176100
I'm in Grand Rapids but have family I visit often.
It's like any other big city, Chicago, NYC, whatever: as long as you don't go walking around at night in the visibly awful neighborhoods you'll be fine.
>>
for 1k i would just address any immediate safety issues (bugs, fire, mold/asbestos) and live that bitch to the ground.
>>
>>1175926
bad idea man
>getting it up to code
one does not simply do this, the cost is often a driving factor in why these buildings are left in decay
restumping, termite removal, re-wiring and even re-connection to services could be a real issue

>wont have to worry about hostile nigs because all the other houses are pretty much burnt to the ground
that's a funny way of saying "I'm buying the only house that hasn't been torched yet
I would go on a limb and maybe speculate that the structures still standing are actually in use by local nigs for all their bullshit.
maybe ask "why is this the only house not fucked up

and security is a huge issue, how would you get to and from the fortress?
could you withstand a low intensity siege (getting constantly bricked and molotov'd)
niggers really arn't that bad, but in detroit they are the worst; and moving in when you know nobody there and building a reinforced structure is begging for a fight

I know a guy who died because he fortified his property and there was a regular house-fire that cut off his exits
really ugly buisiness

you could man, and if the nigs are friendly(or just leave you be) it might not even be that bad; it's not a war zone

but I would consider other options, like a share house, camping out, getting a caravan etc
>>
>>1175958

Manufacturing jobs aren't going to come back. The majority of those jobs were lost to automation and any actions taken to bring back the ones lost to outsourcing would do far more harm than good (lol what kind of idiot thinks tariffs are a good idea?)
>>
>>1176256
>"it'll never happen" says increasingly nervous man for the 10th time
>>
>>1176264
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/602869/manufacturing-jobs-arent-coming-back/

>In fact, the total inflation-adjusted output of the U.S. manufacturing sector is now higher than it has ever been. That’s true even as the sector’s employment is growing only slowly, and remains near the lowest it’s been. These diverging lines—which reflect improved productivity—highlight a huge problem with Trump’s promises to help workers by reshoring millions of manufacturing jobs. America is already producing a lot. And in any event, the return of more manufacturing won’t bring back many jobs, because the labor is increasingly being done by robots.

Boston Consulting Group reports that it costs barely $8 an hour to use a robot for spot welding in the auto industry, compared to $25 for a worker—and the gap is only going to widen. More generally, the “job intensity” of America’s manufacturing industries—and especially its best-paying advanced ones—is only going to decline. In 1980 it took 25 jobs to generate $1 million in manufacturing output in the U.S. Today it takes five jobs.
>>
>>1175958

>Trump
>doing anything

He's not bringing anything back except money into his own pockets. You faggot retards really deserve the gulag.
>>
>>1176506
>gulag
Hello /leftypol/ you seem to be lost
>>
>>1175926
Chris?
>>
File: 1494383412910.jpg (22KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
1494383412910.jpg
22KB, 400x366px
>>1176506
>>
>>1175931
>>1175934
>>1175935
Put cannons... IN THE MOAT.
>>
>>1176506
>You faggot retards really deserve the gulag.
I thought that was reserved for communists who commited thought crimes.
>>
>>1175988
>>1175989
>>1175991

It has gotten to the lowest point and all it can do now is get better. Nobody wants to live in certain areas and they are currently bulldozing half the neighborhoods.

I've lived in shithole areas that are similar and as long as you keep to yourself and don't walk around flaunting money you'll be fine.
>>
>>1175988
Black people. Sort of like the people Europe is importing now. Generations of being born in a country will not pacify them. They resent everyone having anything more than they do, but they will never try to work within the system to gain wealth because it's too hard for them mentally. They end up creating terrible ghettos where they victimize anyone unlucky enough to live or stumble in their territory.

If they rehabilitate it then it would have to be maintained. Do you think any of the remaining ghetto trash ciizens would work to maintain their community. Look at any post-colonial African country to see what happens. The plumbing breaks so they shit in buckets. The heat stops working so they start fires in buildings for heat.

I live in an area that is 62% black. I know how these people can be.
>>
>>1176103
You can walk around most of nyc at night now.
>>
>>1175961
You mean fight the homeless from horseback? Not a lot of horses to fight in shitroit
>>
>>1175967
Only a half ton? What kind of namby pamby scenarios are we larping here?
>>
>>1175981
Is that true? How retarded can Detroit be?
>>
>>1176103
Hey, fellow GRfag. Enjoying the weather?

Detroit isn't QUITE as bad as people make it out to be. It has a handful of good qualities. Pretty sure it'll start improving soon because it can't get much worse.
>>
>>1175958
sure, dream on redneck retard
like anon mentioned they just automate the process
Trump is playing on feels of retards same goes for coal and tonn of other bullshit. He is jus like evry 70 old hurr durr muh old times
Whats next? Steamships? Snake oil?
>>
>>1177417
I'm loving it. I've been grilling all day.
>>
File: its-free-real-estate-2804942.png (76KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
its-free-real-estate-2804942.png
76KB, 500x385px
>>
>>1175926
Sentry canons or you ain't got shit!
>>
>>1177632
nice what about paint balls filled with somthink like cs gas, animal urine or som shit? - just for the keks
>>
>>1176033
I'd recommend watching some of his vids just to see all stereotypical crackhead bullshit he puts up with everyday.
>>
Why isn't a bunch of white people investing in that place and moving there and make Detroit great again? Like huge ass gated community for dirt cheap.
>>
>>1178052

They are. That exact thing you just described has been going on for some years now.
>>
>>1178055
So why is everyone complaining about it? Op seems to be a visionarie that will cash is down the road
>>
Code, first find out what work you legally can do yourself. Code means inspections and work done by a licensed, compliant professional. That costs $$$.
>>
>>1176313

Machinists will always have a place. Button pushing monkeys are screwed.

I do quality control. not sure if i am screwed or not. im really pushing for my employer to cover me getting training and certs to be able to write programs for the CMM machines i work with but its like pulling teeth.
>>
>>1176846
what no
>>
op here
how the fuck is this thread not dead
>>
>>1178418
because you just bumped it
>>
>>1176506
imagine falling for the north korean anti-trump and anti-russia shilling going on.
>>
>>1175926
Michigan isn't a castle law or stand your ground state, is it? Have fun getting sued when an urban American breaks his leg climbing your wall.
>>
>>1178498
It is
>>
>>1178498
Michigan is literally the example state used in the Wikipedia article for stand-your-ground law
>>
>>1175937
Underated
>>
>>1175926
shit we should get /r9k/ in here to build their autism colony, they could just buy all their houses next to each other and conglomerate them together like pic related
>>
>>1176095
I live in Wyandotte and Sicilian. Work at GLS. Niggers never confront me or my family.
>>
>>1175961
>an cap
get out, you will never be my neighbor. I will burn you to the ground like they do the houses
>>
>>1176089
>There's a lot of jobs to be had, as long as you're white and will make the surburbanites feel safer.

this. i got offered 110k a year straight out of engineering school but i turned it down because niggers.
>>
>>1175926
well u gotta find out what the home is valued at for tax reasons. does not make sense to pay high taxes for a shit building that needs tlc
>>
>>1179593
man, i wish i could have seen the walled city in person.
i'm sure in hindsight it would have been a fucking terrible idea, but at least i could say i had
>>
>>1180472
That is hectic.... What kind of Engineering do you do?
>>
>>1175926
1K !!!!!?????
Jesus it's time to bring back the colonial era!!!
Those niggers shall work in my sugar cane plantation!!!
>>
this old house is doing a detroit houses restoration project. check it out if youre interested, its helpful and gives alot of pertinent info
>>
>>1180699
mechanical, was going to work for Ford.
>>
>>1175926
1)
It's a money pit...
2)
Where are you going to work?
3)
How much do you earn?
4)
Can you keep you stuff while you are at work?

>>The program requires purchasers to rehab the house and have it occupied, or demolished, in accordance with city code within 6-9 months of closing.

Refurb that's gonna be more than the house is worth?
>>
>>The Detroit Land Bank will issue a Quit Claim Deed at closing, which transfers its interest in the property. The purchaser will be responsible for any delinquent taxes, water bills, or liens on the property.

lots of those houses have

** Our records indicate that this house is on City’s Dangerous Buildings list. In order to remove it from the Dangerous Buildings list, you will have to pay the city a fee ($134) and go through the building department’s process.

That scream piles of money needed
>>
Detroits not that bad as people think, there are alot of nice parts.
>>
>>1175988

Democracy plus too many niggers means there is nothing whites can do except to let it die. Then move somewhere else till the niggers come to fuck that up too.

We'll have the same problem in Europe soon enough.
>>
>>1175967
Pretty sure it was 1/3 ton.

Also >>1180468
>>
>>1175970
Profit???!
>>1177415
They did manage to bankrupt...
>>
>>1175926
My dad's friend tried to do this in Chicago and got run out of the neighborhood. If you do choose to try to live this way, realize that you can't change the neighborhood and trying to will only bring you trouble. Obvious drug dealer across the street? Not your problem, reporting it will only get you in trouble because everybody in the hood will know it was you.
>>
>>1176506
You're on the wrong board cupcake, go back to /co/ or whatever manchild hobby is your preference.
>>
>>1178352
this feeling, when machines learned to push buttons then button pushers were screwed, when computers learned from patterns wall Street traders were screwed, machines are learning more and more. soon AI and if you can't service or do art you get fucked. mowing lawns and cheap labor will be the last to go. sad reality.
>>
>>1175926
Do what the sand people do over in Iraq and Pakistan. Build a big (12' tall) brick wall around your property, buy the property next to you and just loop the wall around it, demolish your second house, here you will plant your crops and keep a bear in your garden shed for defense. Here's where things get interesting, to your rebar reinforced windows you will explosive balls of dildoes that will explode into the power tools of any would be burgler jamming his tools up and possibly choking him to death with piece of silicone in his throat.
>>
>>1175988
It is post apocalyptic and can only improve from here. Almost everyone worth robbing has already been robbed, dead bodies can be found in the sewers, prostitutes have every std known to man, most houses are falling apart.
>>
>>1178059
That's because op isn't moving to the gentrified area full of hipsters and yuppies, he's moving to an African tier hell hole infested with nigs where houses cost 1,000$, something that a 19 year old could afford.
>>
>>1178435
Because will be epic. Keep us updated on the kingdom.
>>
>>1180720
Here's something close enough to sugar cane that you could grow in Michigan
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_sorghum
>>
>>1180857
Nice man, currently studying Industrial and i wonder how the opportunities are for those like me
>>
>>1180468
>>1180958
It has to be reinforced first yo
>>
>>1181129
The hope then is that jobs become unnecessary
>>
>>1175988
have you ever played Sim City and set all your budgets to 0 so everything starts to crumble and none of your zones ever develop, and every zone is pretty much "Industrial"?

that's detroit
>>
>>1181250
>Have you ever played Sim City

I loved that game. Fuck these new windows releases.
>>
File: Comb22052017090809.jpg (43KB, 571x219px) Image search: [Google]
Comb22052017090809.jpg
43KB, 571x219px
>>1175926
Build the haha wall.
>>
>>1178480
>>1180973
Is /diy/ a Saudi shill board these days?
>>
>>1175926
If you can tell something of value is in the house from the outside, someone will try to steal it
>>
As an ausfag, is there anything stopping me buying these $1k shitholes, paying nigs to burn them down, then sitting on the land until it's value increases? Is Detroit going to fuck me on yearly rates or something?
>>
>>1181509
>is there anything stopping me
taxes
>>
>>1181512
Fucking taxes. How many dollarydoos/year are we looking at?
>>
File: 1495319810158.jpg (176KB, 799x754px) Image search: [Google]
1495319810158.jpg
176KB, 799x754px
>>1176076
Fuck a job, nigga. Invest in security, bars, doors, gates, redundancy, then grow cannabis indoors. You'll need an attached garage to move product from the premises without opening yourself up to vulnerability. You'll also need at least one partner so there is always at least one person home. I'd consider buying multiple properties to create a contained neighborhood and contract out your own security company to patrol the area. By purchasing multiple properties you can create and secure pinch points to reduce any surprises along your delivery route.
>>
>>1181396
yes
>>
>>1176040
>https://www.youtube.com/user/proshea01/videos
This, cam in all the neighbourhood so we can see how these people live their dream life
>>
>>1177632
movie ?
>>
>>1175988
Detroit public radio has a daily feature in which they talk about the gentrification and revival, which is mainly just downtown -- to whine about it and how it's leaving the blacks behind.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.