[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do stainless steel toilets have any disadvantage for home usage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 14

Do stainless steel toilets have any disadvantage for home usage?
>>
>>1175541
they will eventually rust if you piss all over them and don't clean.
>>
>>1175542
stainless steel rusts?
>>
>>1175545
Yeah, it's steel with a thin coat of chromium to protect against rusting. Once that thin layer is gone, it'll rust.
>>
>>1175545
Yes.... its just extremely slow. You have to seriously neglect it.
>>
The only real disadvantage is your house will resemble a detention facility...
>>
>>1175541
also watermark

i clean stainless water fountains
>>
>>1175548
No, it won't. I'm a sucker for simplicity.
>>
>>1175541
if you miss prison life I guess..
>>
File: 11478-9265256.jpg (67KB, 696x908px) Image search: [Google]
11478-9265256.jpg
67KB, 696x908px
>>1175556
What's up with the memery? They look neat as fuck and I couldn't give less of a fuck if they're used in prisons.
>>
>>1175545
StainLESS. LESS. Not proof.
>>
>>1175555
toilet paper behind you. that shit sucks!
>>
>>1175541
It looks like your in prison
>>
>>1175559
>waterless, not water proof
>airless, not air proof
>>
>>1175546
No.

>>1175545
If any free iron gets on it it can. What keeps it from rusting is the chromium forms an oxide on the surface that prevents more oxidation, similar to aluminum or copper. However if you add rust or it gets covered in something acidic and can't form the oxide, it'll rust like any other steel.
>>
File: carbon-fiber-toilet-resized.jpg (25KB, 450x359px) Image search: [Google]
carbon-fiber-toilet-resized.jpg
25KB, 450x359px
>>1175564
Now I want a titanium toilet instead. That or carbon fiber.
>>
>>1175567
Oh, i want one of those. All it needs is a carbon fiber Toto washlet.
>>
>>1175561
>your
[My] in prison
>>
>>1175555
The toilet is the only simple thing in this image. Also I don't like my ass being frozen
>>
>>1175555
>Cistern inside wall

Words cant describe how stupid this latest trend is.
>>
>>1175555
>No, it won't.
says anon, posting a pic with all the charm of a solitary service station pissoir.
You don't want one of these in your home, trust me - they look hanging and deeply uninviting, no matter what you do with them. Their sole 'advantage' for use in commercial premises, they are quite difficult to destroy - which, as anyone who has been involved with premises licensed to sell alcohol (+ prob prisons..) can confirm, is a plus. But, that's all, they suck badly otherwise - don't do this, honestly. Grills will flee as well.
>>
>>1175581
>Words cant describe how stupid this latest trend is.

they've been around for like 40 years, so not a new "trend".
>>
>>1175593
Sure they have been around, but they weren't very prevalent compared to today.
>>
>>1175541
That's like 10gs worth of toilet right there...
>>
>>1175567
As I build my camping RV this gets due consideration on weight savings.
>>
Why would you want one of these? They are fucking freezing on your ass. Japan has the right idea with heating cushions on toilet seats, very nice.
>>
Porcelain is much better at retaining heat than metal is. So a metal toilet is going to be much colder than a porcelain toilet.
>>
>>1175580
>I don't like my ass being frozen
The biggest problem here. OP you should hook up your stainless toilet seat to the mains so it heats itself.

>>1175609
Toilet seats are usually made of plastic, the bowl is the only part made of ceramic.
>>
>>1175591
>Grills will flee as well
>Implying they get anywhere close anyway
:'(

>>1175607
I like the industrial look to it. That's just it, looks, stainless really appeals to me. Don't you have a stainless kitchen sink anyway, why not having a toilet too?
>>
>>1175600
They're like $150 on Alibaba.
>>
>>1175612
Because I don't sit my ass on a sink multiple times a day.
>>
>>1175616
I smell surprisingly cheap mischief. When's the next HWNDU?
>>
>>1175617
>multiple times a day.
Are you a wyman?
>>
>>1175541
If you ever worked in a restaurant you won't have anything stainless in your whole house. Seriously, fuck stainless. Except rifle barrels, they're cool, but fuck the appliances.
>>
>>1175633
Develop
>>
disadvantage: can't sanitize with bleach as it reacts badly with stainless steel. Use something else like hydrogen peroxide.

Also care in selecting bowl cleaners that don't contain acids, which many do, that will attack ss and then release fumes you don't want to breathe.
>>
>>1175541
Clearly you never sit on one on winter...
>>
Looks like prison.
>>
They clash with modular bidets, the kind you attach as a seat to an efisting toilet. And let me tell you, you want to have a bidet.
>>
>>1175559
Not OP but the alloys used in stainless fixtures can almost be described as rustproof. You'd have to do some real abuse to get a stainless toilet to rust...like leave it full of bleach or acid for days.

Stainless cutlery, sure. That shit will rust.
>>
File: colorfabb.jpg (32KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
colorfabb.jpg
32KB, 600x450px
>>1175656
additionally, not all stainless is created equally. An earlier poster suggested a 'thin layer of chromium' whereas its grain structure is chromium throughout the depth of the metal.

It even takes well to micro-coatings which are pretty hydrophobic. Instead of the spray on ceramic stuff, it's basically bead blasted.

That said, my next place will have a wall hung commercial toilet. Lots of spraying power and easy to mop up without a trap behind the wall/drain. And heated seats (even modded my soda with 'em). And maybe an in-wall electric pressure washer wand to hose everything down and a compressed air junction from the garage to blow it dry.
>>
>>1175546
So if I had a solid chromium toilet, could i just blast it with piss 24/7?
>>
>>1175682
Plutonium might be a bit more piss-resistant.
>>
>>1175548
>>1175556
Those are additionally suicide proof. How I do not know, the article tastefully did not go into details.

>>1175560
With 4chan grade obsessive analysis Ihave raytraced the shadows cast by the roll and the "throne" and I can safely establish that the roll is to the side, not behind.

>>1175567
>carbon fiber
Only carbon fibre will doo for that high speed poo.
>>
Can i get it Teflon coated inside so my shit wont leave streaks?
>>
>>1175682
Spring for iridium. You could keep it filled with boiling acid in a burning fire pit 24/7, though that might make it challenging to use. But topically, no bodily fluids or cleaning products will affect it at all.
>>
>>1175559
"It looks like it has no stain."
"Well I'll be damned, my friend. It is stainless indeed!"
>>
the only disadvantage to a stainless throne would be corrosion over time, and maybe a cold ass in the morning

the word stainless was a marketing term back when it was first invented, since it was more resistant to runny rust marks when it got wet

modern stainless is mostly rustproof tho thanks to advancements in alloy compositions

stainless can still corrode over time tho, especially if in contact with a dissimilar metal and water. the electrolytic reaction turns the whole thing into a battery, with the stainless and brass/carbon steel/whatever other metal forming electrodes and the water acting as an electrolyte

better stainless will resist corrosion longer but eventually all of it will corrode from electrolysis if its touching another metal, so you would need to make sure its installed right

the most common types are probably 302 (general use stainless, pretty cheap), 316 (more corrosion resistance but more $) and 409 (construction and auto parts)

if you can find a shitter made with good quality stainless then it would be worth it, but you might end up paying for the stainless name and getting a shitty low-chrome-content poop bucket instead
>>
>>1175541
would your ass stick to it in icy weather when your heater is broken?
>>
>>1175546
>stainless steel
>only a coating of chromium
please leave you retarded nigger
>>
>>1175724
>Please leave, you retarded nigger.

ftfy
>>
>>1175654
>attach as a seat to an efisting toilet
>efisting
Is this legal, anon? Sounds more like an installation for a more questionable bar with that special clientele.
>>
They're cold as fuck on your arse in winter
>>
>>1175686
I own a Uranium Urinal myself, it's very piss-resistant and I can easily piss in the dark.
>>
By the sound of it the ideal toilet is carbon-fibre on the outside for lightweight speed, iridium on the inside so it never corrodes, a solid copper seat that you pass several hundred amps through to heat up (plus bonus bacterial resistance), and an e-fister sexual bidet attachment, am I missing anything?
>>
>>1175764
George Michael would have approved, anon.

You are just missing that ATR attachment.
http://www.singlix.com/417/jokes/atr.html
>>
>>1175764

USB port to charge your phone or tablet while you browse.
>>
>>1175764
the teflon coating in the bowl to prevent shit streaks from marring the masterpiece
>>
>>1175764
Hand wave flusher
20 gallon high pressure flush for the monster shits or shits with the texture of drywall compound
>>
File: alb1.jpg (45KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
alb1.jpg
45KB, 440x330px
>>1175838
Whooosh!
>>
>>1175825
I'm kinda on the fence between teflon for non-stick or inert metal for longevity. You wouldn't need teflon if you hooked up the flush mechanism to a big enough vacuum pump, so I hope you don't mind being prolapsed every time you take a dump. You probably wouldn't even need to push or anything, just have the turd sucked right out of you. This exists in space, right?
>>
>>1175768
Add a camera for stool analysis. No that is a real think, anon. Using a Raspberry Pi (no pun, honestly) you could put the experience on YouTube to savour the rewards of the efforts and instagram the cable for that extra fresh update.

Cameras in the big is old news. In fact yet another case was on the news the other day. Some really go that extra mile (in rain wear).
>>
File: tree-radio01.jpg (48KB, 384x523px) Image search: [Google]
tree-radio01.jpg
48KB, 384x523px
>>1176123
Nice. I'd like a water level sensor too to measure the mass of my droppings and how many milliliters per piss.
>>
>>1175611
>he sits down on the toilet seat, not the rim of the bowl
What's it like having a vagina? I'd never leave the house if I had one.
Although, to be fair, I hardly leave the house as it is.
>>
>>1176197
In case you haven't noticed, OP's pic shows stainless steel toilets with stainless steel seats, and while I know fully they exist, not a single plastic-seat steel toilet has been posted ITT.
>>
>>1176209
What? My point was that sitting on the toilet seat is reserved for women and the mentally disabled. So why would you need to heat the toilet seat if you don't ever use it?
>>
>>1176217
OK so you take a dump standing!?
>>
>>1175918
ba-whoosh. nigger
>>
>>1176146
you should buy an arduino or raspberry pi for this.
>>
>>1176246
Don't trigger his "squatting master-race" autistic propaganda spasm, you'll regret it.
>>
>>1175665
>That said, my next place will have a wall hung commercial toilet. Lots of spraying power and easy to mop up without a trap behind the wall/drain. And heated seats (even modded my soda with 'em). And maybe an in-wall electric pressure washer wand to hose everything down and a compressed air junction from the garage to blow it dry.

Fuck yeah!
Compress air can drive small pneumatic vacuums too BTW.
>>
>>1176246
Real Menâ„¢ shit in standing.
Hes a retard troll who claims, only faggots use seats - a view incidentally shared by a lot of Southern Europe and The Vatican, as 'cleaner' - which maybe also the first time I've heard SE bothering about the cleanliness of anything, but, whatever. NOTE ALSO: none of these seatless proponents enjoy temperatures that would leave you stuck to a stainless bowl.
>http://toilet-guru.com/seatless.php
>>
>>1175541
Why do you need a toilet? Don't you have streets in your third world, third grade slum?
>>
>>1175546
>thin coat of chromium
>>
>>1176262
time to get squat-pilled
>>
>>1176515
Is it a suppository?
>>
>>1175764
How about something to break up massive logs so they flush easier with less chance of clogging this masterpiece? Like a blender attachment permanently mounted in the bottom of the bowl?
>>
File: Sunbeam_2379Mixmaster_1_lg.jpg (47KB, 601x650px) Image search: [Google]
Sunbeam_2379Mixmaster_1_lg.jpg
47KB, 601x650px
>>1176756
Something like this?
>>
>>1175612
I only drop soft shits in my toilet. I drop plates and glass in my sink that would chip/crack porcelain. And they did have porcelain enamel sinks for a long time lol
>>
>>1176771
I personally use a hand mixer.
Keep my trusty one next to the toilet instead of a plunger
>>
Stainless steel is like aluminum - it passivates on exposure to oxygen. Basically its own corrosion forms a metal oxide layer which protects it from further corrosion. This is unlike other iron/steel alloys, where the resulting metal oxide is substantially less dense and more voluminous, and tends to crack and flake upon formation (exposing additional metal to the oxygen).
>>
>>1175567
Carbon fiber, only material strong enough for American Obesity
>>
>>1175546
No. source; I design stainless products.
>>
>>1176771
More like the set of blades on a blender, with the motor concealed inside the toilet.
>>
>>1176948
Can we at least get a plexiglass window to watch?
>>
>>1176934
bet you dont shit in one tho, in the comfort of your own home and all - amirite?
>>
>>1176756
Perfect! I once had to cut a turd in half with my credit card because it was too long and wouldn't flush.
>>
>>1175616
>Stainless
>>
>>1177204
I'm sure it'd be fun explaining to your doctor why you have heavy metal poisoning in your ass.
>>
>>1175690
AFAIK suicide-proofing is

A) making the bowl too narrow to get a head inside for drowning, and
B) can't be smashed like ceramic, so no improvising blades to cut yourself and/or others
>>
File: 133-1385414426.jpg (57KB, 467x466px) Image search: [Google]
133-1385414426.jpg
57KB, 467x466px
>Heisei 29
>not getting a Japanese toilet
>>
>>1177242
>wall mounted toilet

That can't be safe....
>>
>>1177243
Really depends on how sturdy the wall is I'd say. It's pretty standard here in Yurop nowadays, but then again we use brick walls.
>>
>>1175690
>With 4chan grade obsessive analysis Ihave raytraced the shadows cast by the roll and the "throne" and I can safely establish that the roll is to the side, not behind.
But it is behind the person, not to their side.
>>
>>1175555

damn niga what did they lock you up for ? Can I see more pics of your facility ?
>>
>>1177033
Now that is what I call bad credit.

Personally I have been forced to use buckets of water to create enough pressure to force the cables out. In some countries they rely on people always having perma-diarrhea.

>>1177258
Also works on wooden wall here in the Nordics.

>>1177292
Sufficiently to the side to reach it no probs. putting it directly behind you would be evil. About as evil as it being coil op.
>>
>>1177204
>>1177209
This

I've read horror stories that Chinese steel at bargain prices is rarely the grade they claim it to be
>>
>>1177385
My understanding is that Chinese metal is so cheap because the government subsidizes it to the point that it's basically not profitable at all. Just a cheap commodity product basically. Of course, because it's China I'm sure there are also poisonous heavy metals involved somehow.
>>
>>1177380
>Sufficiently to the side to reach it no probs
Or... just mount it to the side on the counter.
>>
>>1177258
Yurop toilets smell and are a pain to clean; the lack of splash-back isn't worth it.
>>
If OP is after simplicity he should should just have a squatting toilet. Literally just a hole in the floor.
>>
>>1177450
>putting a hole in your floor

If you're after simplicity, you should just shit in an unoccupied street.
>>
>>1177453
Put up a sign:
DESIGNATED SHITTING STREET
>>
>>1175665
/diy/ seems to be excessively obsessed with turning their homes into industrial parks
>>
>>1177234
So basically, if I was morbidly obese, and I got a felony (how the hell I managed to do that when I wouldn't even be able to get out bed is a mystery), then I could sue the prison under the Americans with Disabilities Act, because the pooper is too small and can't handle my girth?
>>
>>1177453
ALL WE NEED IS SHITTIN'
SWEET SHITTIN'
THERE'LL BE SHITTIN' EVERYWHERE
SHITTIN' IN THE STREET
>>
>>1177541
That's assuming you don't die of heart failure just walking to your cell in first place
>>
This better be made out of recycled shipping containers
>>
>>1175555
>sucker for simplicity
>>
File: d21fd2.jpg (78KB, 570x520px) Image search: [Google]
d21fd2.jpg
78KB, 570x520px
>>1175555
much simpler design
>>
File: s6j7jOy[1].gif (309KB, 406x335px) Image search: [Google]
s6j7jOy[1].gif
309KB, 406x335px
>>1177772
>>
File: C75-MK7.jpg (116KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
C75-MK7.jpg
116KB, 800x1067px
>>1177450
>>1177453

Actually this is how traditional Japanese toilets are.
>>
>>1175682
Nah, you want a solid Cesium toilet m8.
>>
>>1175682
>>1175686
>>1175701
>>1178849

I needed a good laugh today, thanks anons (or anon if you samefagged like a bitch)
>>
>>1175555
>sucker for simplicity
>post fugly small office shitter
>hidden reservoir
>those walls
Ewwww.
With such and enlightened and supreme taste why don't you put one of those jap squat shitters? Or just a bucket, can't get more minimalist than that without going outside to take a crap
>>
>>1177772
Fucking handlebars? Could someone's ass really make that much propulsion?
>>
>>1179254
How do you think India plans to get into space?
>>
>>1179269
It was the vinda-loo all along!
>>
>>1175541
That shit will frozen your ass in winter...
>>
>>1175567
Wouldn't the epoxy be a bitch to clean. You cant use any abrasive cleanser either like ajax.
>>
Metal conducts heat better than plastic does, so if the seat is metal as well your bum will get cold. If you enjoy sitting on the toilet I'd get a plastic seat on it.
>>
>>1176948
hope your balls dont hang low man
>>
>>1175764
best option is a vacuum tube that interfaces directly with the anus.
>>
>>1178546
I was in beijing, one morning incredibly hung over and at a restaurant with our group... went to take a dump and faced the wrong way. Huge poo, wouldn't flush from the flat bit. Of course then an angry chinese man started knocking on the door because that place only had one stall for some retarded reason.

Welp, I just burst out looking down and away, cleaned my hands super quick and bailed hahahaha
>>
>>1175640
Bleach is fine on stainless, just don't be retarded and use it undiluted. Typical household bleach is something like 5.25%, so you only need like 2 teaspoons in a gallon of water to have a strong disinfectant.
>>
>>1177243
obviously this isnt intended for americans to use
>>
>>1175682
Posts like these make me remember why i love 4chan. Good luck with choosing a toilet anon, and don't repeat my mistake of getting a sodium one!
>>
>>1179618
even plastic gets a bit too cold sometimes, we need something that is completely shit a transferring heat
>>
>>1182183
Cottenseat
>>
>>1182183
Wooden seat, but make it yourself and make like twelve each year, swap monthly and use for firewood when done.

Wooden seats are pretty baller, very rarely feel cold or hot for more than a few seconds, as long as we're not talking about an outhouse.
>>
>>1175546
maybe you're thinking of "chrome" like on a car?
>>
>>1175581
Saw this everywhere in Italy. You think about all the times you've had to fix a toilet tank and wonder what the hell they are thinking.
>>
The trouble with stainless is that some day somebody is going to use cleanser or the wrong kind of scouring pad and scratch it. Then you're stuck with it.

Funny story... I was installing a new stainless cooktop in our kitchen. Literally hooking up the gas as the last step. I crawl out of the cabinet, stand up, and see that my wife is cleaning it with a rough scouring pad. Seriously, the thing was never even lit once before it was scratched up.
>>
>>1183172
Italianfag here, in 22 years we had to fix that once, maybe you should make things better
>>
>>1183315
Yes, I wondered about that too. What makes them more reliable? Is there a tank in the wall or is it more like an industrial type in the USA, where there is just a valve near the fixture?
>>
>>1175581
Not as stupid as you!
You think its fucking sealed in there?
There's access panels to get to the moving bits.
If there is a huge button then that's what comes off for servicing.
Actually much lighter than a ceramic lid too
>>
>>1175591
>Grills will flee as well.
Girls do things in bathrooms apart from looking at themselves in the mirror? Where is your proof?
I'm not saying they don't shite, I'm just saying the whole time they are staring at the mirror or their phone.
They won't fucking notice what kind of toilet you have
>>
>>1183433
Girls sit to pee, they'll notice that steel is fucking freezing to sit on and looks like it was stolen from a public toilet.
>>
>>1183513
b-but.. if you remove all mirrors/vaguely reflective surfaces?
left a cloth and some polish by the side?
invite a grill over?
>wont be a minute anon, just going to 'powder my 'nose'
thing'll be sparkling in no time.
>>
>>1183513
>fucking freezing to sit on
>women have feelings
again where is your proof?
womens feelings are a lie used to control men. changing your toilet isn't going to end up in her shopping or getting blacked so why would she be interested? she wouldn't.
real reaction will be wow anon your shiter is so cool i can see my face in it.
>>
>>1183539
need grill input here, to settle the argument..
>remembers where he is
..we'll just wait on one then, is all.
>>
>>1183175
You can polish it back...
>>
>>1175555

I don't like that sink setup at all. Seems like you could slip and crush your head open on the counter.
>>
File: 1491543027018.png (183KB, 281x339px) Image search: [Google]
1491543027018.png
183KB, 281x339px
>>1175654

>efisting
>>
>>1183175

What the hell was done to it that it needed a scouring pad?
>>
>>1177243
not for 800lbs american burgers
>>
>>1177234
this is wrong, the suicide proofing is the addition of lower overflow lip(so it cannot be filled with water, even when the main drain is clogged) and a obstructed low point where the water stop is
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.