[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

$85.00 at costco. What do you guys think good purchase or shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 20170510_084837.jpg (2MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170510_084837.jpg
2MB, 4128x3096px
$85.00 at costco. What do you guys think good purchase or shit?
>>
>>1175257
you tell us - what do you want out of it?
>>
If it says made in china anywhere on the box its basically guaranteed shit with most of the price tag paying for the cat logo
>>
>>1175292
>If it says made in china anywhere on the box its basically guaranteed shit with most of the price tag paying for the cat logo
>doesn't know anything about manufacturing in china
>>
>>1175310
I know quite a bit about manufacturing in china and their non existent quality controls, lack of certifications, safety concerns, and slave labor.
>>
>>1175315
>anon is a woke bae

Does anon realize most of the brand names are produced in China?
Components for cellular phones, televisions, and <gasp> computers are produced in China.

How many times did you replace your entire PC/iMac/laptop this year anon? More than seven times? If so, then your idea holds some sort of merit.

If not, piss off.
>>
>>1175292
So I'm guessing you don't own that much shit do you? Maybe you should check your stuff and throw out the stuff you have that is made in china or any other third world country,
>>
>>1175368
>Most brands
>Implying brands are worth the ink printed on the sticker

Im sorry you buy garbage phones. Mine was made in Korea.

I did replace my laptop actually. It was a lenovo. As soon as the warranty expired all the usb ports started losing connection and power, the hinge seized and ripped off the lid as it was glued and held on by plastic brackets. Afterwards the screen fell out because it was held in by plastic tabs that release downward, of course requiring those brackets to keep it in.
Worst $2000 laptop I've ever owned.
I replaced it with a Clevo. Made in Taiwan. Funny that the displaced government makes a better product.

Funny also you bring up electronics. The most disposable good made that is universally expected to become obsolete garbage in less than 5 years on average. Pretty low var to reach for, Chang.
>>
>>1175390
I did. Practically everything i currently own is made in USA/Japan/Germany/UK. About the only thing i haven't been able to replace has been clothing since carharte exported their factory. Most of my clothes of acceptable quality come from Mexico or India.
>>
>>1175394
>Taiwan government makes products
>Taiwan produced every single item inside that laptop
>Generic 'anti China' BS
Faggot, you and I both know that manufacturing quality comes from the initial quality of resources, designs and craftsmanship. Tons of places in China make quality products, but many, many more make shitty products.

You're the sucker for ruling out every single product from a single country because you bought some cheap shit online once and cried because it broke.
>>
I also want to know what OP wants it for. And I'd like to know what kind of battery and charging system it has. Does it know when to stop charging?

My ~20 year old Taiwan made Jumper 1000 has saved my butt a couple times now. That and an air compressor are two good things to always have in a car.
>>
>>1175315
>>1175394
>Definitely woke
Golly, you are the alpha /diy/ anon.
I concede to your uber knowledge of product control.
Whatcha doing later?
My mother, that is nice, she is a whore from China.
After you are finished losing your virginity to a whore, there is a party and I just know that you are fun to have at parties.
>>
>>1175402
>Bought cheap shit once
Sorry to trigger you Chin.

The vast majority of chinese exports are trash and disposable. I'm sure theres a small subset of companies that actually have a sense of pride about their products. I bet the average Chinese could do great if any of the immigrants are an indicator. But they must be a droplet in the sea of garbage. Have they stopped making poisonous baby formula? Have they stopped using harmful chemicals in clothing products? Are they still exporting steel where the first two sheets are on spec but the rest of the load is a wildcard?

I already said i buy Clevo computers. They're practically best in class. So obviously not all chinese products are total dogshit.

Can you even show a Chinese product that isn't a disposable electronic thats generally considered top of the line?

Im actually a gunsmith. I have the pleasure (and displeasure) of working on many chinese surplus and a few Norincos that came in pre-ban.

Almost unanimously Chinese military surplus is on par with whatever they were copying. They seem to be particularly good at simplifying and cheapening a product for faster production.

And on that note almost unanimously their export guns are borderline dogshit. Questionable castings, replacing critical milled parts for castings, terrible heat-treating (most common by far) and general shoddy steel quality.

Modern Norinco made guns are a bit better than the old exports, i would put them on par with the more budget minded us manufacturers like Springfield, and hi point.

They still suffer from shitty QC. They always need additional work to work properly. Burrs removed, parts polished, surfaces trued, ect.

So yes. Im anti chinese. They universally don't care about the products they made or the end user.
>>
Got something similar for xmas several years ago. It was a Stanley. Don't think I've used the jump start feature but used air compressor several times. It's a bit easier than dragging out my real air compressor. Really slow but it has pressure gauge so you can just watch until it's done.

If it broke...I wouldn't replace it.
>>
>>1175257
Check out AvE on YouTube. He did a video on the "snap-on" bs they have at Costco. To save you some time, that's not actually cat brand, it's another manufacturer buying the rights to use their brand name.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.