[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VOC danger - someone i work with decided to leave one of these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

File: primer.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
primer.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
VOC danger - someone i work with decided to leave one of these puppies open in a floor where i was told to do somedrywall work. Next thing i know im smelling vapors, the 8 oz can of it tumped over and i was breathing in fumes from a bigass pool for at least 10 to 30 seconds. How screwed am i?
>>
>>1174881
bump- reason i breathed it in for so long was because it was on a tile floor, and it was purple primer, had to clean up as much as possible before it started setting
>>
>>1174881
well i guess how screwed you are depends on how much got on your purse
>>
>>1174881
If you breathed in enough to be affected very adversely you'd feel it. Headaches, breathing problems, tension, etc.

It will probably affect your health in the long term a little but nothing too serious unless you were really breathing it in like fresh apple pie. Next time wear a respirator when working with these sorts of solvents.
>>
>>1174881
Pretty screwed, nasty shit, shits so volatile it fucks with your body very quickly
>>
>>1174888
seriously? im working out right now, feels pretty shitty, i noticed my lungs were like almost burning sort of, felt nasty as fuck
>>
>>1174887
does anyone know what type of VoC is in the primer? formaldehyde or????
>>
>>1174881
Man, I've been breathing this stuff in for years. Everyone dies, don't be such a pussy OP.
>>
>>1174893
is it carcinogenic? i suppose is my main concern, both my parents have had cancer, my aunt, my grandfather, my other grandfather, i suppose ill get it anyway but id like it to happen later in life.
>>
>>1174895
anon - you can get cancer just from too much worrying about getting cancer, y'hear? Close your eyes and think of the ocean, or at least, some other fucking thing non carcinogenic-producing, FFS.
>>
>>1174897
why do these people just say VoC's there are many different volatile compounds, why dont they tell you what is specifically in each product?
>>
>>1174893
cancer ridden detected
>>
>>1174895
you sound like a hypochondriac.

Do you really think you're the first person to breath in commercial chemicals above an OSHA PEL?

I would be more concerned about your psyche than anything you breathed in today
>>
>>1174898
SAFETY DATA SHEET
D
S
>>
>>1174881
Plumber here, i honestly wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>1174919
>>1174919
thank you given a non dickhead answer, only one in the thread i can rest easy now
>>
>>1174920
or you could, you know, look up the safety data sheet

>>1174917
>>
I've had that stuff all over my hands and forearms, breathed it in multiple times in confined spaces while working. Who knows how bad it is, but I highly recommend manning the fuck up.
>>
>>1175035
suck me
>>
>>1174895
>both my parents have had cancer, my aunt, my grandfather, my other grandfather,

you're certain to get cancer...

with this thread, you've given me cancer
>>
>>1174951
Reading it will just turbo-trigger his hypochondria.
It's a bunch of solvents. There won't be any permanent effects if it's just a single and not even very strong exposure.
>>
Did you hear about the guy who drank a bottle full of polyurethane?
>>
>>1175117
He had a terrible end but a beautiful finish.
>>
>>1175155
dear god
>>
>>1174881
You do realize that people intentionally put shit like spray paint in paper bags and inhale it, right? And they do it for years without dying. Not only are you a MASSIVE pussy, you're also an ignorant sheltered manchild.
>>
>>1175186
>And they do it for years without dying
Sure, and in the short term they suffer memory loss, loss of co-ordination, vision problems, asphyxiation and a host of other nasty shit.
> t. ex-chav who made it out alive.

Meanwhile, in a small, closed off work environment, that's the sort of shit that will see you fall off ladders, fuck up with power tools, and generally put you in a place where you really shouldn't be on a worksite. You clearly have no fucks to give about your health or the health of those around you. You should re-evaluate that position, at least when others are around. I don't think it would be much of a loss if you darwin'd yourself into the dirt.

>>1174881
As many have said, short term, once off exposure, no problem. Your only real risks are, as mentioned, passing out from fumes with a circular saw in your hand, or dropping off a ladder.
>>
>>1175189
None of those things happened, he's not breathing the shit anymore, it's time to get the fuck over it. Stop encouraging his hypochondria.
>>
>>1175189
I'd say passing out full stop is just asking to wake up in a day with half a brain and beard full of unicorn vomit, provided you're nearby the spill in a poorly-ventilated area. The circular saw just puts the icing on the permanent damage cake. The cake is made from amputated finger chunks, by the way.
>>
A guy doing drywall work is worried about something other than the drywall dust giving him cancer?

An older plumber I know says shit like primer is the reason plumbers don't drink on the job anymore.

And yeah, anytime I work around old plumbing from before the 70s it seems I find bottles everywhere. It looks like anyone pouring lead back in the day carried whisky on the job.
>>
>>1175191
>>
>>1175186
t. fag who does do it your self projects and doesn't work actual construction 5 days a week

go fuck yourself fag
>>
>tumped over

Guys, have any of you used the phrase since you were twelve? We're being trolled, gentlemen, by a <13 year old. And most of us bit hard.
>>
>>1175259
>being proud of working construction
I'm not going to apologise for going to college just to protect your feelings, Paco de Jesús Ruiz.
>>
>>1175316
I guarantee you that he is many times more valuable than you in our current society.
>>
>>1175318
Nah, he's an alcoholic failure at life, and his body will be used up and worthless by the time he's fifty. But I better go, my two hour paid lunch is almost over.
>>
>>1175324
You sound like you're taking this personally. Where did your father touch you when you were a child?
>>
>>1175318
college is a jewish conspiracy to steal your money, im not the brightest, but got a 25 on my act and went for 2 years for CIS - programming focus or whatever, im sorry i dont work at a fucking desk like a sad fuck office drone. Dont worry, ill take good care of the pipes and your wife while your gone sucking schlomo's cock
>>
Not sure about causing cancer, but that primer kills the biggest roaches instantly...
>>
>>1175330
It was actually the neighbor's teenage son and daughter. But hey, at least I'm successful, and not a leather skinned loser.
>>
File: dr_house.jpg (103KB, 700x571px) Image search: [Google]
dr_house.jpg
103KB, 700x571px
This is not as bad as asbestos
>>
>>1175377
Did I hurt your feelings so bad you quoted the wrong guy? To address your post, I do all my own construction and repairs, and I'm not stupid enough to get married. I just fuck em until I've had enough, then send them home to their husbands who were baking in the sun all day, breaking their backs for peanuts, too busy and tired to satisfy their women. Enjoy never retiring.
>>
>>1175442
did they eat your butt?
>>
>>1175569
No, only fingers in that area, I was only 3yo.
>>
>>1175572
shitty neighbors, a real neighbor would have ate dat butt
>>
>>1174881
>10 to 30
>...seconds

I know I shouldn't make fun of you for wanting to be safe, but christ, what a pussy.
>>
>>1175589
were talking about half a can directly below me all spilled it was hard to breathe, ive smoked a shitton in my day, huffed keyboard duster, and overdosed on spellballs. I i think im fairly tolerant to chemical attack
>>
>>1174881
How are you supposed to use it without smelling it, retard? If it killed people you'd have heard of it by now.
>>
File: laughs-in-yousonofabitch.jpg (36KB, 631x434px) Image search: [Google]
laughs-in-yousonofabitch.jpg
36KB, 631x434px
>>1175599
wow you survived that much primer being spilled right below you? you must have a 10 inch cock im very impressed.
>>
File: cool-story.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
cool-story.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>1175606
ever heard of a little thing called cancer? ya turkey!
>>
>>1174887
>Next time wear a respirator when working with these sorts of solvents.

Respirator of some other fuckwit knocks his can of primer over?
>>
>>1174891
http://www.oatey.com/msds/sds-us--oatey-purple-primer-nsf-listed-for-pvc-and-cpvc.pdf
>>
>>1174897
>Close your eyes and think of the ocean

Sharks
>>
>>1175377
Even if you had a 36, you'd still look like an idiot for talking about it past high school.
Also lol Jewish conspiracy, confirmed dumb
>>
>>1174881
You're fucked
Oatey is the same brand that was used in the Syrian chemical attacks.
>>
>>1174885
Lol
>>
>>1174885
Made me lol

We need more people like you in the world
>>
>>1175446
I'm sorry your girlfriend cheated on you, looks like it really hurt you
>>
I seriously hope this is a troll
My grandpa ate asbestos and never had a breathing problem you limp wristed faggot
>>
>>1175316
Apologize for talking about things you have no experience with
>>
>>1174881
You're already dead anon, ya just don't know it yet. You're ghost posting.
>>
>>1174889
May I have your car? I mean you won't be needing it in a few hours where your going...
>>
its mostly acetone , the same shit you remove your nailpolish with after a long day of drywalling
>>
>>1175155
8/8
>>
>>1174881
this stuff is extremely dangerous if it gets in your eyes. It will literally melt them. Otherwise don't worry. People have been using this stuff for decades and no long term effects have been linked to it so far. I use it every day so much that I don't even smell it anymore, and so far nothing has happened to me.
>>
>>1174893
>Everyone dies, don't be such a pussy OP.
You say this but cancer is a terrible way to go.
>>
>>1178037
all pain ends eventually, anon
its all in your head
you just gotta mind-over-matter that shit till its gone
or off yourself
same result either way
>>
>retake Commiefornia when?
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.