[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to epoxy large hole on a vertical board.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5024.jpg (1019KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5024.jpg
1019KB, 3264x2448px
Hello all!

I'm working on building my workbench and I've run into an issue I don't know how to go about approaching. In my picture I'm showing you the outside side panel on the bench with three screw holes I've dug out with a paddle bit. I'm wanting to hammer in these nuts here, but I'd like to put clear epoxy in the void. Or anything like a clear plastic type of compound that I am able to sand and also that won't spill out of the hole and fall to the floor once I fill it. Is there anything I can do to clear epoxy to make it able to go into a vertical board and not spill out, or does anyone have any better ideas that I could try out? Thanks a lot guys! I'm pretty new to this board and I'm absolutely loving it!
>>
File: IMG_5025.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5025.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Here's another shot from straight on, if that helps at all.
>>
Also, why are my pics loading sideways?
>>
>>1174412
Basically you want to hide the screws heads?

Woodfiller
Wooden dowel/peg

Would be what I try first.
>>
>>1174419
Yeah, but I'm trying to use the nuts instead of dowels, and I want the void to be clear.
>>
>>1174412
Why clear?

Just use wood filler
>>
I just think it would look cool with clear. On the top I've got an oak panel with round holes and square black walnut dowels with white wood filler. I figured it would give it cool character to have things that aren't of the norm.
>>
>>1174412
Slather a bunch of clear resin in there.put a piece of tape/cardboard to cover the holes.

Or just pick up the bench and lay it down.

Resin and epoxy don't usually stay clear for very long. They yellow and get shitty after 10 years. Seek assistance for brand choice.
>>
>>1174415
4chan gets rid of EXIF metadata like picture orientation. So what you have here are how the pictures are really oriented without metadata saying "oh, btw, I held my camera sideways when I took it."
>>
>>1174451
this is gonna be your best bet, but it will ahve to be with a fast epoxy. the really clear stuff takes hours to set, and it will all leak out, even with good tape over the holes.

if you really really want clear, you could get a plug cutter and some acrylic/lexan and cut clear plastic plugs and use those, epoxy them in and then sand them down.
>>
>>1174412
Sounds like clear caulk might be your best bet. I'd tape off the wood to keep other areas clean. Apply, smooth with a putty knife or similar, and then carefully remove the tape before it drys. You should try some test runs on a piece of scrap wood before you commit to anything and perfect the process if you actually care about your project
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.