[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you remove the heel jaw on one of these? I've beat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: ST33[1].jpg (12KB, 293x289px) Image search: [Google]
ST33[1].jpg
12KB, 293x289px
How do you remove the heel jaw on one of these? I've beat the ever living shit out of it with a hammer and punch and it won't budge.
>>
>>1174319
you can't
>>
Grind down the head on one side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QudZhdAJG_Q
skip to 5:08
>>
>>1174319
Take what's holding the jaw to a grinding wheel. You have to brake the tool.
>>
>>1174319
ridgid use a taper pin, it needs to be drifted out from the thin end.
protip: HULK SMASH.

pecking at it peens the head over without breaking the taper loose, and then you've basically made a rivet which you'll need to grind the head off and/or drill out.
>>
>>1174319
Have you tried beating the shit out of it with a hammer and punch?
>>
Either try heating it up with a torch or compressed air can upside down and keep beating it. If at all possible try the easier solutions first.
>>
>>1174341
This. Also can buy new jaw or rebuild kit with springs.

>nb4 pipe wrenches don't have springs.
>get the fuck off my board
>>
File: IMAG0556.jpg (950KB, 3592x944px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0556.jpg
950KB, 3592x944px
Depends. Though I've never had to replace mine, it looks like a peened over pin.
>>
File: IMAG0555.jpg (983KB, 3500x1012px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0555.jpg
983KB, 3500x1012px
>>1175018
other side, because tool pr0n
>>
Is it reverse threaded?
>>
>>1174319
Why do you need to remove the essential part of a tool, OP?
Have you fucked something up?
>>
>>1174319
The right amount of explosives should do the trick.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.