[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sound Proofing shitposting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: curtaintrack.jpg (38KB, 277x232px) Image search: [Google]
curtaintrack.jpg
38KB, 277x232px
yeah yeah, long time lurker here I know, ANOTHER sound proofing thread...

one of my roommates that lives across the hall from me is gonna have a baby. [not mine] and while I've tried many different ways of getting her to leave nothing has worked.. yes even asking her if she would move out. anyway the baby is due in a couple of months and I'm preparing myself for a shit storm of noise. the room mate already isn't that quite always blasting the TV, or music.

Today I installed a Masonite solid core door, an I'm going to add floor stripping and around the jam to make under and around the door air tight. and I'm having carpet installed in both rooms. but the hallway has to remain bullshit click vinyl. I'm gonna install a fluffy rug there over it.

what separates the rooms is a closet actually, so the wall between lets through VERY LITTLE sound. its the door/hall way zone that seems to be letting through most of the sound..

is there something I could hang from the roof, like a hospital track system, but the material instead of being the fabric they use, something that absorbs sound pretty good? so I can effectively create an air-gap. + sound dampening material. I asked if I could build a secondary wall inside the room and was told fuck all no, because it would fuck up the new carpet...

so short of murder, what do?
>>
Sound absorbing materials are:
- heavy
- limp
- airtight

Why can't you just move out?
>>
>>1173867
rents stupid cheap. like 1 bed 1 bath solo place is 700$/month

2 bed 1 bath. 900$/month

3 bed, 2 bath 1200$/month

ya get it..

I'm paying 150 a month.. and have half a garage for my woodworking tools and projects.. really not gonna find a better deal.

Trust me ive been trying HARD to get her to move the fuck out with her baby daddy, but of course he's a dead beat nig.
>>
>>1173870
Is her name on the rental agreement?

If not, give her 30 days notice to move out.
>>
>>1173944
"Local man kicks new mother to the curb"
>>
>>1173949
lel didn't read the thread, thought it was his own mother
>>
>>1173867
>airtight
What is foam.

OP I'd try using proper recording foam on the hallway walls, it should stop the sound from bunching though there and will eliminate a good fraction of it. If you're too poor for recording foam, this looks pretty good: https://youtu.be/pABvTWSxOes
It doesn't have the angles of the foam and so might not work as effectively when the sound impacts the walls from a significant angle to the normal such as your case, but I'd give it a shot as it shouldn't cost you much. Pray tell what have you been trying to get the mother evicted?
>>
air tightedness i.e. no air transfer
mechanical isolation i.e. gaps
heavy materials i.e. bricks vs drywall
absorbent materials i.e. acoustic foam
material geometry i.e eggcrates or studio panels

go through each and work on the weakest, sounds like you need to check air tightedness, door gaps window gaps etc
>>
>>1173863
It's really not that big a deal anon. Not saying there won't be a period of adjustment, but it won't be as bad as you're thinking in the first place, and you'll get used to it. It's definitely not worth spending any money on, and if you're really a long time lurker you knew the answer to the soundproofing question before you even brought it up.
>>
File: 1449444296587.jpg (415KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1449444296587.jpg
415KB, 1200x1200px
>>
Talk about doing things the hard way.

Why are you wasting all this effort and time, just kill the baby before birth.

Poison her or wear a mask and kick her in the stomach / down the stairs.
>>
>>1173949
Humanitarian of the year qualifier.
>>
>>1173949
Why should he care?

>>1173944
This lad has got the right idea.

The rent is cheap, you won't have a problem finding a non-degenerate to fill the spot. Paying an extra months rent in exchange for not having a nigger and crack baby ruin your life for the rest of your residency is worth it.

If one of your other room mates is the actual renter, then try to make a deal with them where you will pay their rent for the month and the nigger's rent for that month.
>>
>>1173949

> caring about coalburners and their niggledy piggledies

Wew
>>
>>1174962
Idk if I'm just tired.. But what? Pay x2 the rent? For what? She's got her own contract. And the owners are super beta bible thumping religious do good types.

I'm still looking for a name or source for a good sound absorbing fabric I can setup between the door an my bed.

I was also thinking about building a room divider kinda like those silk ones you see in old timey dressing rooms.but one side (the side id have to look at) was smooth.but the opposite side had a bunch of grooves to capture the sound waves. It would be almost as tall as the roof. With a 2 inch space on the floor and 2 inch space at the roof. My thoughts where if it could capture the sound waves I wouldn't have to worry about them going up an around because in order for the waves to bounce they need a surface that allows them to bounce.. But if I capture them they are killed off.
>>
>>1175119
Idk if itd work but maybe get something like the curtains they use in stages. They're really thick and seem dense. Material should look nice too. They seem to have sound absorption properties though ive never tested them

What the other poster was suggesting is try and "bribe" the landlord or who ever's name on the lease it is to kick her out. 2x your rent + her rent makes sure theyre compensated for any losses and end up profiting from this, so everyone profits.
>>
>>1173863
Hang some blankets on the walls, the kind that look like tapestries, throw blankets, this will help sound being bounced around.

Go to Home Depot or Lowe's and buy some ridged insulation, 2-3 inches thick, the sheets are 4'x 8', cut to fit the door and mount with screws or construction adhesive.

Get some earplugs or a white noise machine, not the shitty app ones, but the ones in a real box, buy some noise cancelling headphones.

Remember never, ever, agree to "watch the baby, just for a few minutes" without cash upfront, never.
>>
>>1175119
>And the owners are super beta bible thumping religious do good types.

then they won't like interracial babies out of wedlock. that's basically the devil!
>>
i don't know much about sound dampening, for cheaps that is, but you just have to make sure you're as loud as possible in your shop when the baby is sleeping. that'll smoke them out of there.
>>
>>1175119
Have you tried talking to the woman and asking her to not fuck with 2-3 other people's lives because she is a degenerate?
Baring that, try to keep the bathtub and sink full of water and see if you can't get her to have PPD and solve the problem for you.
>>
>>1175134
Not OP, but I thank you for actually helping and not /pol/posting
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.