[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cognitive Radio in the 3 Hz to 3000 GHz (3 THz) Range?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: waves.gif (15KB, 586x267px) Image search: [Google]
waves.gif
15KB, 586x267px
I understand cognitive radios can be designed so they never interfere. They use the entire spectrum but always shut off on any frequency where other traffic is detected. And because the spectrum is infinite they always work. How can I build one of these fuckers? What tools?
>>
File: fcc.jpg (11KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
fcc.jpg
11KB, 258x195px
why don't you have a seat right there?
>>
>3 to 3000 GHz
>spectrum is infinite
Wut
>>
>>1173374
For all practical earthly purposes there is limit on spectrum information density unless you get to the quantum level and then it's not tknown what the limit is.
>>
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4840529/?arnumber=4840529
>>
>>1173374
what are decimal places?
>>
>>1173104
>I understand cognitive radios can be designed so they never interfere.
That is a hypothetical that may be true. There are a lot of snags, a lot.

>They use the entire spectrum but always shut off on any frequency where other traffic is detected.
That is where you would be heading for jail, big time, if you believe that unconditionally. There are many emergency bands that are without traffic normally since there normally is no emergency. A cognitive radio that ambles into those bands will set off alarms left, right and centre and bring out the government, big time. The Air Force takes a very dim view of people misusing their emergency bands and past actions suggest they are way above the law when they kill people.
>>
>>1173104
3THz is mid-IR and ELF requires km-long wire antennae, are you expecting to have a series of different antennae for each frequency range? It's a pretty cool idea, but you'd need to manually program out the forbidden frequencies. What format would you use, some sort of digital? You've also got the problem of sending frequency (and format) information from the transmitter to the receiver when you need to switch frequencies, would you just send the data to the receiver before you switch and have the receiver swap over automatically using that data? Because for this both ends have to be left powered up. How do the transceivers tell the difference between a busy frequency it wants to leave and a frequency on its own cognitive network that it wants to remain at? You'd probably have to use a unique format/encryption. At least see if you can get the concept working on CB, maybe marine or shortwave.

I eventually plan on building half of your project; an array of antennae that pick up all frequencies and display which ones are in use and by what format on a large display. It will be the centrepiece of my autistic bunker/boat/submarine control room, but of course that's a while off. SDR would be way easier, but I'm in love with analogue (and SDR software pisses me off).
>>
>>1174636
Forgot pic ~
>>
>>1174636
What is wrong with SDR? It is an excellent way of both demodulating and also decoding signals.

I can agree that an ADC taking in huge bands is unwise as a single big signal will swamp the ADC and thus the effective resolution. The simple solution is more or less what Elecraft does, a traditional input and mixer and then an ADC on the IF.
>>
>>1175179
Just a little personal vendetta. I bought a cheap SDR usb and a second hand raspi and a USB battery bank see if I could make a portable wide-band SDR receiver, but the provided software and all the adafruit drivers were meant for their 3.2" touch screen, not their 2.8", and getting anything installed correctly was impossible. There's a tutorial for the project on Adafruit if you want to give it a shot, I'd love for someone who knows how to linux to set me straight.

https://learn.adafruit.com/freq-show-raspberry-pi-rtl-sdr-scanner/overview?view=all
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.