[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old AD Nightmare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (7KB, 199x254px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 199x254px
Help me /g/uys,

I have been hired by a medium sized company to do some work. However, most of there networking is messed up because of a really shit AD setup. They have on DC with a god awful IP that makes everything difficult.

Its been a long time since I worked with AD, but I don't think changing IP's in the primary domain controller and DNS server is going to be fun.

AD management isn't really my job, but I see the current implementation as a huge stumbling block. As such, I'm really looking for the most elegant solution available.

Is it better to fight the current DC, or just work on building a new one on a bleeding edge server? Any documentation or support would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>1173078
Just rebuild the AD with a PCO I/I socket setup. You can bypass the RCOP scan with a DIM process inverter and clear any HAVI errors with your APE-RAPE debugger.

You do have and APE-RAPE debugger, right? You'll never make it in this business without one. They'll hit you with all kinds of FAG requests, and all you'll be able to return is the SUCC.
>>
>>1173082
>AD with a PCO I/I socket setup. You can bypass the RCOP scan with a DIM process inverter and clear any HAVI errors with your APE-RAPE

Thats some first class bullshit right there!
Well done anon!
>>
>>1173088
Yea, I lost the inspiration in the second half.
>>
>>1173078
How the hell does the domain controller's IP address affect anything? Your DC should be on the same subnet/VLAN as all of the devices it's managing. That's it.

What were you even hired for by this company? You don't know Active Directory, IP addressing, networking, or domains.

You also posted this on the DIY board...on an anonymous Chinese cartoon imageboard... You didn't even bother to post in on /g/.

You've got more problems than I can help in one post.
>>
>>1173082
>>1173105
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. Fuck off.

>>1173078
>They have on DC with a god awful IP
How does a bad IP fuck with your domain? Do you mean DC as in Domain Controller or Data Center? Why would you need to change an IP to improve performance, and why would you think changing the IP of your Domain Controller (I assume you mean this, because Data Center would make even less sense in this context) would help anything?

What the fuck is going on? Is this entire thread a troll thread?
>>
>>1173112
/g/ would have savaged him, and he knows it.

God help whoever he is "working" for..
>>
File: bleach-bit-2.jpg (39KB, 640x180px) Image search: [Google]
bleach-bit-2.jpg
39KB, 640x180px
>>1173112
He probably works for Hillary Clinton.
>>
>>1173082
What the fuck does this mean?
>>
>>1173134
He's talking about the steps required to set up your fingerbox network. However, he forgot the part about applying the skub to the terminal pins to ensure a proper connection seating.

Kicking up the 3DPDP3 levels helps a lot too.
>>
>>1173154
>terminal pins
> not using a vampire slice with an RJ82 endpoint

Do you even packet recycle breh? You can easily cut your 3DPDP3 loss with this method, negating the need to waste your link overhead by upping it in the first place.
>>
>>1173078
>Is it better to fight the current DC ?
yes. kill them all.
>>
>>1173078

Having dealt with a company with all old equipment if they have 2003 as their DC today its time to rebuild.
>>
>>1173078
>AD management isn't really my job

you're a contractor, so no matter how illogical and inefficient it seems, you must only do work that you will be paid for.

if you work for free you will starve.
>>
>>1173078
>/diy/ help me do my job
will you also share your income?
ad isnt that hard to re-learn and manage...
>>
I would put in a couple 2016DCs, promote them, and just retire the old ones. Fix the IP addressing first but that should be simple.
>>
>>1173078
Build a new DC and sync from the old one. Then make the new one master and remove the old one from the domain.
>>
I love people like OP. They make my side work very profitable.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.