[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fixing Samsung TV Power Supply

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (226KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
226KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /diy/

Just wondering if you guys have any experience with checking/finding bad circuit components. I have a Samsung LCD TV that is doing the typical clicking and failure to power on.

Ive already searched the power supply board for any bulging caps and haven't found any. I've also checked where the power board connects to the logic board and its supposed to be sending 6V through to it. My multimeter is reading 5.23V from the lead where it reaches the logic board.

1. Is this a power supply board issue?

Will post pictures of the boards and reading...
>>
>>1172446

OP here. I have conducted a few tests of the power board. It looks like when I jump the PS_ON and SB_6V pins of the power supply, the logic board is only outputing 1.93V instead of the 12V it should be reading.

I've checked all the pins using the below video, and all are outputting around the same 1.86, 1.93 V when they should be outputting 5, 12 V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUvclBfaMXg
>>
More than likely your psu
Only similar problem I've seen was a monitor which would do the on/off thing and that turned out to be a faulty switch with corrosion on it.
>>
>>1172446
not just bulging caps you wanna look for burn marks and such as well. any damage really.
>>
OP here. I've returned to looking at the components on the board since I can't find a replacement board for reasonable cost. I remember some kind of burnt fluid sticking to one of the ceramic disc capacitors on the power supply board. Would i just use a multimeter on the ohms setting to test if it is infact working?
>>
>>1172852
YouTube louisrossman and check out his troubleshooting vids.

You found the power rail, trace it back to the last part that is in spec, and replace that part.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.