[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your best DIY tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 16

Any screw is self tapping if you try hard enough.
>>
Any board is straight as long as you don't care if its square
>>
>>1172399
If at first you don't succeed, get yourself a bigger penis.
>>
If you cant fix it with a hammer you have an electrical issue
>>
File: norm_abram-300x224-1.jpg (10KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
norm_abram-300x224-1.jpg
10KB, 300x224px
always wear your safety glasses! :)
>>
A butter knife is an all-in-one screwdriver.
>>
You can do anything with a harbor freight tool.
>>
>>1172433
Then explain why my 1/2" Pittsburgh ® ratchet broke. I mean I guess you can theoretically still do anything with it, it just takes you 5 minutes anytime you want to reverse direction.
>>
There's no reason to buy a hammer drill when you already have a drill and a hammer.
>>
human corpses make poor fertilizer
>>
File: Austin-Powers-Penis-Pump.jpg (75KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Austin-Powers-Penis-Pump.jpg
75KB, 853x480px
>>1172422
Okay, what now?
>>
Make a print or a basic sketch with measurements before you start on a project.
>>
believe hard enough and measuring becomes irreverent
>>1172470
fukkin dork
>>
>>1172399
You can brew alcohol with any yeast and stuff meant for bread machines can usually get a higher alcohol content than brewers or win yeast.
>>
A grinder, a welding machine, and scrap metal can be used to replace almost any tool you might need if you're creative enough.
>>
keep your dick in a vice
>>
>>1172399
You're not wrong.

But I still drill at least half the length of the screw with a sub-clearance pilot in order to direct it properly.

Impact drivers save your wrists from rsi and also time
>>
>>1172399
I can build anything if people on /diy/ would just do it for me.
>>
If you weld a bearing to the end of a hammer, you can drive screws into wood. The bearing allows the screw to twist as it's driven in.
>>
File: 783478322103.png (38KB, 179x120px) Image search: [Google]
783478322103.png
38KB, 179x120px
I can't be the only one loving this thread
>>
>>1172456
Cemetery worker here, and you're full of shit.
>>
if you tell your dad you wanna go on vacation, he'll take you to south dakota
if you go to utah, you'll probably be staying with your grandad, so you'll probably be dicking around in the shop
if you do that, you'll be working on snowmobiles because this is south dakota, which means you'll be trying to figure out which cylinder is causing trouble on one particular engine
and when you pull out the spark plug on a cylinder, there'll be a whisp of vapor
and because your uncle and grandad love to argue, they'll argue if it's gas vapor or smoke
and your grandad will say, "use your lighter and light it, meathead, it's gas"
and your uncle will, and there'll be a little flame, and your uncle will be butthurt, and he'll lean over to blow it out

so never go to south dakota because your uncle will lose his eyebrows and your grandad will piss his pants laughing
>>
>>1172625
AvE represent
>>
>>1172638
When you say end of the hammer, do you mean the base of the handle or on the hammer head itself?
>>
>>1172399
It's ok to settle for good, not great when working with most wood projects. The average joe won't recognize anything less than a half inch off. So unless you're building fine furniture, if the cut isn't 100% straight then it's ok. Like a firewood rack, or floors for a boat. Just do your best and get it as close as you can. Only YOU will ever notice the imperfections.
>>
File: 20170327_000741.jpg (243KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170327_000741.jpg
243KB, 1280x720px
Put nitrile gloves under your actual gloves in the winter. Your hnds stay crazy warm since it acts like a wetsuit
>>
>>1172628
>I can build anything if people on /diy/ would just do it for me.
Just send us an upside-down phone pic and we'll get started.
>>
When welding under your car wear a hoodie. Eventually there will be a droplet of molten metal in your ear. It fizzles and sizzles in your ear, for onlookers this is entertaining as you will be doing funny lizard moves when you try to crawl out under the car as fast as you can. A hood with the cord pulled tight prevents your funny moves.
>>
When rebuilding a carb, sit your ass on the floor.
That way when you drop that fucking small piece of shit screw it won't go bouncing all over everywhere.
>>
Anti seize and KY jelly are interchangeable as long as you're wearing eye protection.
>>
A big enough impact will run anything in, regardless of thread pitch.
>>
Digital camera is handiest tool in your kit. Take pictures of everything from every angle before you take anything apart.
>>
>>1172666
I want what you're using.
>>
If it moves and it's not supposed to, use duct tape. If it doesn't move and it's supposed to, PB Blaster.
>>
>>1172775
Golden. About to paintball in the maritimes.
>>
>>1172807
Also wash your hands before you touch your face.
>>
>>1172824
> cross-threaded, goes in halfway
> snaps off
Thanks /diy/!
>>
When working at heights keep your valuables in your pockets(especially keys when working over tall grass) to help you balance. If you happen to lose balance you can empty your pockets to quickly adjust your center of gravity.
>>
>>1172736
Yes.
>>
>>1172638
If you weld a bearing to it's race it's easier to remove since you can knock them both out at the same time
>>
>>1172399
Expanding on this in a serious way for those who don't know, you can make a pretty good self tapper by cutting two notches in a bolt at the end of the thread.
>>1172399
>>
>>1173250
we know AvP get back to your cuckshed and make more videos
>>
>>1172785
When working under your car in the rust belt consider wearing a pair of safety goggles, even if people say you look dumb. With all the rust raining down a piece is guaranteed to go right in your eye and refuse to come out. Also try not to open your mouth or lick your lips; you'll end up with a crunchy snack.

Remember, cutting metal with an abrasive saw makes it hot. So don't eagerly grab that newly cut off piece to check the measurements.
>>
If you're good enough, you can find rafters based on ceiling texture.
>>
If it ain't broken, it is waiting to be improved
>>
>>1173349
how the shit?
>>
>>1173366
He might be thinking about wallboard joints, but I have seen joists in some really bad ceilings too.

It has to do with the bad mud jobs in most of tract housing. I'm sure you could do it well enough you couldn't tell, but I know what he means in almost any house in So Cal. They may still have popcorn texture, in which case you can't see it, sure. Or the texture has been taken down and some bottom rate contractor has come in and put up orange peel on top of the just the basic joint mud, no skim coat.

It's totally obvious where all the drywall joints are. They also usually don't have firing strips in so. cal. They just go right to the 2x4 because there's no vapor barrier regulations, and no need in the climate (until recent green regulations, and even then that's an extra certification you can get for the house, not actually needed to be livable)
>>
>>1172442
You do know it's under warrantee, right? Just take it in and get a new one, no charge. You don't even need a receipt.
>>
>>1173366
>>1173368
He's pretty much right. The sheetrock is thinner on the joints, and is filled with mud to make it flush. This mud makes the texture dry more slowly on the joints and looks slightly different. If it's a bad job, it's fairly easy to spot. However, if you know what to look for, you can see the signs of a joint 90% of the time. Once you find a joint, you can identify whether its a butt joint or a flat joint, and make an educated guess exactly what the sheetrock looks like through the texture. If you know that, you can figure out why it was hung like that, and you know where every other rafter is.
>>
>>1172442
You can also do anything with that ratchet, like use it as a hammer. Who cares, it's cheap and free to replace.
>>
>>1172829
This
>>
Invest in the most powerful electromagnet you can buy. That way, if you ever drop anything, you can just switch it on and it will pick it up for you, saving strain on your knees.
>>
Measure twice not once you cunt
>>
>>1172428
This. Can not have too big a hammer.
>>
>>1172559
Yaboi
>>
>>1172658
U aint.

Any and all diy takes 80 pounds of tools and twice the cost and materials and hedache than u believe it will.

90% of the time. Every time.
>>
>>1172659
Sides crippled
>>
>>1172666
Bready gud
>>
>>1172784
He doesnt 90 degree.

Better use the sgitty 20 yesr old motorola razor and shoot through a dryer sheet.
>>
>>1172785
Every fucking time...
>>
>>1172792
Pff. Dad dropped 1 in the carb we had to fish out last week. Fugggin twice.

Poor blind old bastard...
>>
>>1172824
We used to have a heavy ass ball for running in 3 inch diameter bokts with a half in ratchet.

Enough dicking around and you can snap them off.
>>
>>1172422
Holy shit yes
>>
>>1172775
Enjoy your sweaty hands.
>>
A grinder and paint makes you the welder ya aint.

If that doesn't fix it, and you can't see it from your house, it's good enough.
>>
scrap corner bead can be used to hang pegboard hooks off of toolboxes and rollcarts

If your shop/garage has bare studs, tack some scrap lumber into the stud spaces to use as shelving for aerosol cans

self drilling screws make a decent prick punch
>>
File: 1431077031009.jpg (49KB, 568x568px) Image search: [Google]
1431077031009.jpg
49KB, 568x568px
>>1172399
>>
>>1172470
I bet you measure things too lmao
>>
>>1172399
Always have a pen on you.
>>
Paper templates can be handy to get the measurements pretty close before working with the actual material. The guys at Project Binky call them CAD templates, for "Cardboard Aided Design".

The old warning to police your work area for debris that's a trip or puncture hazard is sound. Do it regularly when you're in mid-demolition, not just at the end. I stepped on a three foot long 2x4 with a nail pointed upwards. That's not a good feeling when you've put your whole body weight on it.
>>
>>1172829
Rebuilt a 85 Honda rebel by doing this one dumb trick, mechanics hate me
>>
always use screws instead of nails
screw it, don't nail it
>>
>>1175322
And a small notebook
>>
File: SRohja9.gif (2MB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
SRohja9.gif
2MB, 300x224px
when trying to break into a new diy field, start off super simple and build your skillset up over time. dont set yourself up for failure and disappointment by trying to build a commodore 64 from scratch if you dont know what a transistor is yet

mistakes are fine as long as you learned something and nobody died

if you know you need a specific tool, buy the best one you can afford. one $50 tool that lasts a decade is cheaper than a few $5 tools that each last a year since you also wont have to buy ibuprofen and new drywall from the stress and anger of dealing with shitty tools

unless youve done something at least once before, double or triple your estimated time and expense budgets. issues always pop up that you never expect

whenever designing or troubleshooting, try the simplest things first

if you cant figure something out within the first hour or two, walk away and try again later. that way you dont get your mind stuck in a rut, and when you come back you might see something you glossed over the first time

simple cardboard/duct tape mockups can help you visualize a previously abstract design and help highlight any glaring flaws before you sink more time and money into them

your eyes and hands are the most valuable and hardest to replace tools you can own, dont fuck them up by being a dumbass
>>
>>1172807
>Putting anti seize in the onahole
Definitely NOT the same as KY.
>>
>>1172433
I watched my neighbor peel his face with a grinder that shattered from harbor freight, and then while his face was oozing blood he turned to me and said, "Fucking harbor freight."
>>
>>1175510
yup, totally the grinder, couldn't have been how he was using it.
>>
>>1175522
More likely the shitty, non-reinforced wheels as opposed to the grinder itself.
>>
>>1172937
use a shorter bolt
>>
>>1175522
You have to try hard to shatter a wheel unless it's garbage like >>1175620 said so no, I think it was not his handling.

Harbor freight sucks. It's cheap for a reason, deal with it.
>>
File: img_3287.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
img_3287.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
A Japanese value chain (Daiso) started offering silicone bakeware and other goods some years back. They are meant for food but I use the silicone cups for mixing epoxy and the silicone spatulas for applying it. Since they are silicone, you can simply peel off the residual epoxy once it hardens.
>>
If you need to make a bracket to join two bolted points together in x,y,z planes, and you can't handle the maths for the boltholes to line up, make it in two separate overlapping pieces and bolt them in place, then clamp both pieces together with a vicegrip, remove and weld them.
>>
Use a piece of welding rod if you're having a hard time visualizing pipe prints.
>>
>>1173325
Face shields are even better for working under vehicles.
>>
>>1175510
Why didn't the neighbors face shield stop the fragments?

Why was his face in the plane of rotation?
>>
>>1176968
shit, and think I was using a cheap 25€ angle grinder in shorts and a tshirt, no gloves on some tough-as-shit 1 inch thick roofing-steel frames.

Grinding wheel didn't look too flash after cutting 5 of them either.

Don't have health insurance either.

Yeah, I like playing the odds. One of these days I'm gonna kill my self doing some job in the back yard.
>>
>>1173377
Doesn't anyone look for the nail/screw holes??? They never get as much sanding attention and stick out like sour thumb
>>
>>1176190

Thanks, man. I needed this a month ago but will remember that tip for next time.
>>
File: $_3.jpg (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
15KB, 500x500px
>>1173325
Keep a little stack of magnets around and make sure you keep them clean.
If you get some rust in your eye you can take this stack and put it right up to your eyeball and it will lift it right out.
>>
>>1172399
The bigger the gob the better the job.
>>
>>1175510
Cheap grinder isn't the problem. Cheap discs is the problem.
Get high quality cutting discs, they're the part breaking into your face. At worst the grinder will stop working after a while if it's bad quality.

Yes, it's more expensive long term, but less than facial surgery.
>>
>>1177777
I had quints. My life is complete.
>>
>>1172638
>terrific.jpeg
>>
If you need a quick and dirty pair of vice grips hold the piece with one hand and stick your other hand in an electrical outlet. The shock will cause your grip to tighten and you're good to go
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 216x233px
>>1172775
Always use nitrile gloves to handle nitric acid, no problems could possibly occur
>>
>>1176190
This is gold, thx senpai
>>
A scraper is just as good and sometimes better than a nice hand plane for some planing scenarios.
>>
>>1172470
>not photocopying small projects for screw hole layouts
>>
Safety squints are an ok replacement for safety maglarsis
>>
>>1172775
>nitrile gloves
Yes. But you NEED to put some talcum powder in your hands first, or the sweat is going to kill you
>>
>>1179931
>nitrile gloves
>talcum powder
might save you from sweat but not ovarian cancer you fucking pussy
>>
>>1179804
Alright, uncle bumblefuck.
>>
>>1172433
You can do anything once* with a Harbor Freight tool.
>>
If you do enough squats, you can use your thighs as a portable vise
>>
if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
>>
>>1179940
But I don't have ovarians though
>>
File: 1488418135190.jpg (59KB, 598x598px) Image search: [Google]
1488418135190.jpg
59KB, 598x598px
A shipping container is a better building material than steel, concrete, or wood.

Shipping containers can also be used as a substitute for traditional reinforced concrete foundations, retaining walls, as well as structural support beams and columns.
>>
>>1175450
Or a phone with a notes app...
>>
>>1180108
Dead batteries or filthy hands make a notepad a bit better for /diy/ activities, but I don't edc one. They're a thing that sits in my toolbox or in my car and get grabbed when they're nessesary
>>
>>1179940
Hahaha

What the fuck
>>
When glass blowing, if in dought blow it out.
>>
>>1180309
I misread that as "if in doughnut blow it out". I guess another one to add is "read the manual twice".
>>
>>1172465
take it back where you found it, some one would like it back
>>
>>1172625
ouch, went until i heard the crack and backed off. now what?
>>
>>1172666
i may love you anon, and you may have much to teach me
>>
>>1173361
if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
>>
>>1175510
in my experience a grinder i much more like to short out and catch fire than blow apart
>>
>>1177705
grinder and paint, makes me the welder i ain't
>>
>>1172625
The ladies never called twice,
they said it didn't look nice.
It would work in a pinch,
but your losing an inch,
so I straightend it out in the vice.
>>
A small wrench can do medium jobs if you use a cheater bar.

Save time and frustration with a cheap justi wrench by setting the size you need and then wedging some thin scrap wood in to keep it from opening up on you.

A small steel clamp-on bench vise can be unclamped and used as a large, low-torque 2-3" wrench.

Corrugated cardboard makes for decent soft jaws on vises and pliers and it's free with any order

Dollar store plungers are a nice source of cheap thick rubber with bonus water-resistant stick.

Actually dollar stores items are a fantastic disassembly source for a lot of materials and parts where appearance is not an issue
>>
>>1177705
If a dab'll do ya, a big gob'll screw ya.
>>
>>1180944
Once ya put a dab, remember not to grab.
>>
Ladies, if you're tired of your BF/husband leaving the seat up, just rotate the fasteners around so the hinge faces towards the tank. This will make it impossible for the seat to stay up on its own.

In the long term, they won't even bother standing up to pee and will sit down like good boys.
>>
If it doesnt quite fit, fill it with glue and shit.

the biggest hammer in the workshop is always called "gentle persuasion"

measure once cut three times

tell the apprentice to go get the elbow grease
>>
>>1172399
Position is everything in welding. Also listen to the sound of your machine.
>>
>>1181796
what the
>>
>>1172559
You might want to add an extreme heat source and some oil so you can harden your tools and make them worth a shit
>>
>>1177322
>Grinding wheel didn't look too flash after cutting 5 of them either.

I think I see your problem
>>
>>1176190
>silicone cup
link for anyone who read this and now wants to buy one
https://www.aliexpress.com/item//32746556277.html
>>
>>1181918
You can get silicone measuring cups pretty cheap on Amazon if you want to measure volumes of epoxy components before combining them.
>>
If you don't have a chisel, use a hammer and screwdriver.
>>
>>1182048
I know but I liked this one because it's collapsible and easily fits in my flat drawer where I store brushes, spatulas, gloves etc..
it's also cheaper than anything on amazon
and i always use a scale to measure epoxy precisely, especially for small quantities
>>
>>1172430
True
>>
>>1172489
certain beers call for certain kinds of yeast; alcohol yield isn't necessarily what you aim for with your yeast strain
>>
>>1172775
you won't have hands if they rot off, wetness kills in winter. obviously you've never worked outside for long periods of time in the winter.
>>
>>1175460
These are actually good tips, thus they don't belong in this thread.
>>
>>1172399
Don't turn a means into a do-nothing end.
>>
>>1181886
>Seat can't stay up
>Won't be left up
>In time, man will learn to pee sitting down
>>
>>1181796
I know a toilet where the seat couldn't stay up (I replaced the seat, female owner never realised it was dysfunctional)
It's a fucking pain to hold the thing up while pissing, and it's even more a pain to put it up, start pissing, and see it fall through the piss stream, splashing trousers.

I don't mind pissing sitting when I'm too blasted to aim or when waking up in the night, but fuck not fixing a toilet seat.
>>
>>1182388
>young woman with first apartment doesn't clean under seat because she never sees it
>you lift it
>yfw
>>
>>1172399
list of what i recoment (and what i plan to add in my workshop... well its a long process)
label evrithing... boxes, cases storage etc.
mark your tools (color code, symbol what ever) so you can identyfi them
make a inventory list of your tools, parts etc.
always use gloves - the right glove for the job
get a first aid kit in workshop or work area(a car one is fine too) - add probably eye wash or anything that you will probaly need
get the most needed things in one place - this one is from Jamie Hyneman + why i have - scisors, pen, marker(or markers), utility knife (or the Snapping knife big and small one), paper block, pencil (and add anything you need always at hand)
get a big ass roll of paper tovels(+ get exstrass on storage)
get a fire extinguisher
when you get tools or material or anything new allway thing on how and where you gona store it
get a PC in your workshop or work area
>>1172430
use ear protection whyle doing anything loud even hammering
use dust mask or gas mask - whyle sanding, grinding, spray painting or painting with poisonous paint
dont buy paper masks - always get one with air valve - for steam
use face shield if you dont have one get one... its like 5 bucks
>>
>>1172559
Along those lines, when you have a welder, anything is whatever the fuck you want it to be.
>>
>>1181912
>nigger rigging a tool out of scrap metal cause you can't/don't want to go to the hardware store
>properly heat treating tools

Pick one
>>
>>1182749
>>1181912
>>1172559

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn9nxsV6fxE
>>
>>1172666

0/10 not enough greentext
>>
>>1181796
My buddy had a seat that wouldn't stay up. I just got really good at aiming
>>
>>1172792
When you rebuild a carb, do it in a tub or tray. Take pictures before and during teardown. Buy a Plano or Flambeau plastic fishing tackle box from Walmart, the clear sort with movable dividers. They are fantastic for organizing carb parts and other hardware. I rebuild many carbs and am a mechanic. Those fuckers are worth their weight in yung cunt lips.

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/BassPro/1204091151_is
>>
>>1181804
Rob?
>>
>>1183144
...who's this?
>>
if a hydraulic press doesn't work then press harder
>>
>>1177494
Did that once.
It came out at the wrong angle and I wound up with a ragged slit in my eye for weeks.
>>
>>1172399
When using a tape measure you Always measure from the butthole to the tip
>>
>>1183230
This explains so much.
>>
>>1172399
What does not fit...

WILL BE MADE FITTING!
>>
This is the thread I always wanted but never knew it.
>>
A friend said they had a rule of thumb around his house.

Measure once. Cut twice.
>>
>>1180698
that reminds me of a story I heard about a man from, I think, Martha's Vineyard
>>
>>1181796
This is evil, thank you anon.
>>
>>1182780
Canadian ingenuity at its finest.
>>
>>1172399
jews cook faster in the oven if you dehydrate them first.
>>
>>1183127
I always rebuild carbs on a towel, so screws don't roll away.
>>
>>1172422
This
>>
>>1175460
>mistakes are ok as long as you learned something and no one died.

Can't wait to tell my kid this when he fucks up good
>>
>>1184330
I can't wait to tell my kid that when I stop being a fucking antisocial retard and talk to a girl for the first time in my life.
>>
>>1181796
If you're wife's too stupid to put the seat down before sitting, and she's a nagging bitch constantly complaining that it's somehow you're fault, just piss in the sink.
>>
>>1184553
just piss in the sink anyway, no need to flush and waste water
>>
I mostly work on my bike so:
>always have plenty of rags handy
>cardboard or old newspapers under the bike when working on it
>have at least 5 small boxes for screws
>when you run out of screw boxes, only mix screws that look dissimilar
>when you go for the test ride, have a friend / dad / wife's son and tools in car behind you
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 594x379px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 594x379px
>>1183510
>>>/pol/
>>
File: 1490721480780.jpg (29KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1490721480780.jpg
29KB, 326x326px
>>1184765
Look, there's a DIY component to genociding jews. There's not exactly a FAQ or a handbook.
>>
>>fuck up shitter seat
Pissing and letting it splash all over the seat
>>
>>1181796
Just take the top of the tank and piss in there
>>
You can use tape to remove glue left behind

If you have to write anything down on a visible area, put some tape down and write on it

It's easier to remove tape if you cut it in smaller bits with a Stanley knife

You can use tape as an emergency plaster

Tape access doors locks or magnetic plates if you're afraid of getting locked in or out of a work area

Tape is a great tool for just about any job you can imagine
>>
>>1184778
Thanks, awkward Captain Tape character who's part of an advertising campaign gone too far.
>>
>>1173054
Best In Thread
>>
>>1175510
"Fucking harbor freight made me remove the guard!"
>>
>>1182084
If you are making alcohol with bread yeast, alcohol yield is the only thing you are interested in.
>>
>>1184935
i have seen several harbor freight grinders catch fire, didn't even use them particularly hard, they would just sort of melt and burn
>>
>>1184773
Leave an upper decker while you're at it.
>>
>>1172666
I'm from South Dakota.
Story checks out.
Digits confirm.
>>
>>1174691
Why not own a crescent wrench
>>
>>1172399

don't get shitfaced to the point of blacking out, decide it's the best time to remove a stump in the front yard.
>>
>>1183144
New phone, who dis?
>>
File: every-screw-is.jpg (66KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
every-screw-is.jpg
66KB, 800x600px
>>1172399
>>
>>1185432
God damn I hate "self tapping" screws. These fuckers and their cordless drills just drive screws in second after second without pre-drilling the holes or even counter-sinking them, like they want their workpiece to split. Even Matthias does this sometimes and once he split the wood on camera, I can't believe an experienced woodworker would even think of doing that.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (9KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
9KB, 227x222px
>>1172399
If you aren't happy with the result remember fire cleanses all.
>>
>>1185534
self tapping has nothing to do with ""drilling holes"" (piloting). tapping means it cuts its own thread.
there are some screws designed to not require a pilot hole that have features like slotted tails and rifled shanks.
self countersinking screws are also a thing.
if its going to be hidden and you are paid job to job then you don't have time to fanny about.
splitting wood can be easily avoided if you are familiar with the wood, profile and screw used just by not driving it right in at the edge.
>>
>>1172489
Only use bread yeast if you want your booze to taste like a loaf of bread

>once made disgusting bread mead
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.