[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Movie Trailer Contest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

In Chicago, there is going to a movie trailer contest this October. I'm making a spoof slasher trailer, but I have a problem: I'm not good at gore effects. What can /diy/ tell me about gore effects?
>>
>>1172302
Practical effects are best, how much pain can you tolerate?
>>
of its a spoof, then you should have it in italian, with subtitles that are completely different to what's said in italian, and then go for proper 70's blatantly obviously red paint fake blood.
>>
>>1172307
Not a lot :/

>>1172317
I do want it to look fake, and I do love the Italian idea, but I do want it to look semi-real. Kinda like an Argento or a Fulci movie
>>
>>1172302
>gore
Use methyl cellulose, a particularly versatile slimy material. It is safe and semi transparent you can also add colouring. That way you can make alien slime or with some lighting even lava effects.
>>
>>1172302
There was a show that went over a lot of the effects in depth, i want to say it was masters or horror but that might have just been interviews.

A lot of those dudes just walked through hardware stores and looked at things. Pic related, the blood that shoots in a rhythm like a heart pumping is just one of these.

There used to be a a youtube series, like 7 or 8 years ago, that went over a bunch of tricks(like sugar glass).

A lot is clay, latex, magnets, wires, mirrors.

Fake blood can be a bunch of things. Red paint was conmon like the other anon said(and funny compared to modern standards), a common one involves chocolate syrud and food die, but i always liked the mustard from the phantasm movies.

Repurposing things was a big part of the art, like the michael meyers mask being a spray painted captain kirk mask.

You have to have at least one kill that would be impossible to pull off on a budget(like being pulled into a wood chipper) where it shows the machine, shows the person screaming while zooming in on their face, then shows a wall getting spattered in blood.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.