[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got my hands on an old TV someone was throwing out. Took

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 20170503_180525.jpg (633KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
20170503_180525.jpg
633KB, 2048x1350px
Just got my hands on an old TV someone was throwing out. Took it home, opened it up, everything inside it looks good, the only thing wrong with it is the power supply's broken off.

So, long story short, I need to get a new wire to board power cable. But I don't know what kind of connector this is. Or where I'd buy an AC-to-whatever-it-is cable for that matter.
>>
File: 20170503_180531.jpg (635KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
20170503_180531.jpg
635KB, 2048x1350px
If it helps, "BAOHING CSA SPT-2 LL112007-1 VW-1 105C 2X18AWG" is printed on the cable jacket. Not entirely sure what all of that means myself though.
>>
>>1171820
>the only thing wrong with it is the power supply's broken off.

Elaborate, I dont understand especially since you are alluding to fixing it with what looks like a perfectly fine connector on the end of a cable
>>
>>1171820
Just solder it.
>>
i have a bunch of power cords with those kinds of connectors that i pulled from dead DVD players found in the garbage. maybe if you have some old DVD players around, open them up to see if you can pull the cord.
>>
>>1171862
Ah, okay. Sorry.

The cable itself is broken/cut/melted/something or other in the middle. The connection is fine and so are all the boards inside - I just can't do much with one half of a whole wire.

TL;DR - I have that end of the cord, but the other "end" where the AC adapter should be is just raw wire.

>>1171864
That's plan B, but I don't want to buy a soldering gun if it'd just be cheaper to buy a new cable.
>>
File: power cord splicing.jpg (324KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
power cord splicing.jpg
324KB, 1000x750px
>TL;DR - I have that end of the cord, but the other "end" where the AC adapter should be is just raw wire.

that's very easy to fix: get a power cord from some old lamp or whatever, cut it, strip it and then pigtail it to the broken cord. wrap the joints in electrical tape, preferably, or some other kind of tape.

i'll bet there are even youtube videos showing how to do this. many millennials cant wipe their ass without checking youtube first.
>>
>>1171902
>checking youtube first
Amusingly enough, that's why I'm here. I've never taken apart a TV before or seen that type of connector, so. Just wanted to make sure I don't burn the house down or something.

Does it have to be the same gauge wire though or anything like that? Or would any old cord do?
>>
any cord will do. should be marked AWG 18 (that is, 18 gauge) or maybe 16 if you're lucky.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.