[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody have experience with security cameras? Should be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: grapes.gif (10KB, 640x918px) Image search: [Google]
grapes.gif
10KB, 640x918px
Does anybody have experience with security cameras? Should be small and in the best scenario, triggered from door opening in some way, mabye even a motion sensor. Even better, I'd like to do some programming with it. Money is not a big concern.

So
a) I'd like to have some sort of motion sensor or variation that gives of a signal when a door opens
b) I want to have a cam that in standby snaps pics when it gets a signal from me.

Any recommendation what to buy?
>>
File: ibaby.jpg (87KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
ibaby.jpg
87KB, 500x444px
you've pretty much described every security camera in existence.

if you wanna go cheap, get an IP baby camera. i have one, an iBaby, which has movement detector in software, and also external connections to wire switches or a movement detector.
but it just transmits data to a PC, it doesnt have storage.

if you want storage as well, then a dual or quad kit from Costco will do the job. make sure it has external alarm inputs, and can be remotely viewed thru wifi or ethernet. these are all standard features nowadays.
>>
File: i-sVtZL8B-L.jpg (70KB, 799x450px) Image search: [Google]
i-sVtZL8B-L.jpg
70KB, 799x450px
>>1171751
Been pretty happy with my Hikvision IP cams.
PoE, so power goes in with data... no extra cables to deal with. WiFi cams kinda suck.

Motion detection can be tricky/finicky to set up. My garage camera gets triggered when dust floats in front of the camera - the IR LEDs surrounding it light up the speck, and it appears as a giant orb floating through my garage. My porch camera triggers when bugs crawl on it, or when wind kicks up snow in front of the door.

When it does detect motion, it pre-triggers 5 seconds of video, then records 10 seconds after the last trigger. Also sends me an image of what triggered it.
Can save the video locally to a microsd card, or push it to a number of network sources (local shared drives, NAS, cloud shares, etc).

At 4 megapixel/25fps, it's pretty fucking good quality. More than the old grainy black-and-white shit.
>>
bunomp
>>
>>1171995
Does it pick up liscense plates at night?
>>
>>1172240
Not that anon but hikvision is a great brand. I'm an installer and bang for the buck, they beat anything. What you want for license plate is a lens that will let you zoom in on the width of the drive. Any wider and you'll lose too much definition. You'll also want to configure the nvr to record at the highest quality and frame rate upon motion on that camera. You can then program the NVR to send an alert via email when there is motion, or when an alarm input is triggered. Hikvision and honeywell dvrs are very easy to program, they're reliable, and reasonably priced.

Other tips:

Go IP. I could list a hundred reasons just believe me.

Definition and frame rate are everything for license plate cameras.

Use a welding lens to cover your lens when you focus your camera. You'll get much better results.

MP MP MP.

Half measures are a waste of time and money. Get the good stuff if you want good results.
>>
>>1172262
I should clarify what I mean by "width of the drive." If you go as wide as a driveway, a plate will be hard to see. Find a narrow spot or create one that a vehicle will have to pass through. Focus the camera there, the width of the room that the car has to drive through or a little less.
>>
>>1171995
Do you use some sort of prebuilt DVR system that uses the cloud, or are you running a PC to monitor and store footage?
>>
>>1172262
Cool, thanks for the reply.

I actually want a much smaller cam and an API, though. (I also want to write drivers for exotic programming languages.)
>>
>>1172262
Does the HikConnect service cost money each month?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.