[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A totally fucked Maglite Mini LED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image%3A235437.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A235437.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hi /diy/,
long story short - I found my Maglite Mini LED in my drawer today. Apparently, it was somehow in the "on" position for a long time, so the battery inside has been drained... and did that nasty thing all of you know. Pic related.

How do I even get that battery out. Is that even possible?
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>1171610
fill it with vinegar to break the corrosion loose
tap it out with an appropriate sized dowel
clean it thoroughly after the battery is out
>>
>>1171704
this

or

a bowl of citric acid and water, then soak it
>>
>>1171610
are they copper top duracells? those are the only batteries i've ever used that would leak/swell so they couldn't be removed. even the shitty dollar store alkalines and carbon zincs wouldn't do that
>>
>>1171746

all the newer Duracells and Energizers boast 10-year lifetimes on the package. i keep seeing them start to leak after just 2 years. that's capitalism, for you.
>>
>>1171746
>>1171768
https://youtu.be/SxGeodUWDf4

dollar shop batts > named brands
>>
>>1171610
>3264x2448
calm down Randy Resolution

Honestly, just buy a new one. It's more work than it's worth. I personally value my time at $20/hr when working on projects, maybe $15 if it's something I'm realllly interested in. If it takes an hour to fix that light then you should value that at $20. If you can buy a light for less than $20 then it's worth your time in life to do so. You only get to live for so long, so don't waste it trying to do everything just because it "saves you money." Maybe it does, but the trade off is your time. Buy a new light and spend that hour doing something that brings you happiness instead. Play a game, build something, go fishing, hiking, ride a bike or motorcycle, take your dog for a walk, watch a movie, whatever. This is just general life advise and you should apply this type of thinking to everything you do. Chunk it, buy a new one, move on with your life. You should post a project you've been working on that's for fun.
>>
Had same thing happen. SAD!
Unscrew top. White nylon lamp holder pops off with screwdriver.
Be careful. There is little metal clip very easy to lose that touches shell. I lost it & had to buy new one anyhoo.
SAD!
>>
>>1171610
> unscrew other end
> eat bowl of spicy chili
> put flashlight in anus, hold tube firmly
> blast out batteries with spicy fart
> spices clean leaky battery mess
>>
>>1171769
Costco isn't the same as the dollar store.
>>
>>1171704
>>1171710

Thanks, will try.

>>1171746
Yes, they're actually the ones that were included with the flashlight itself.

>>1171780
I'll be careful!
>>
>>1173056
How long ago did you buy the flashlight? If the cells are within their expiration date, Duracell will probably send you a check to cover the cost of the flashlight. They might expect you to be able to give them a number off the battery or something, but if you really can't get it out, just try explaining that to them. Nowadays Duracell rates them for 10 years, but I think it used to be only 5 or 7 years. If they were within that, they should be held accountable for their leaks.

LED flashlights typically "cut off" when the battery drains to a low voltage rather than just continually draining the battery to nothingness, so you shouldn't even blame yourself for leaving it on.
>>
>>1171769

I have ruined so much expensive equipment from leaking Kirkland batteries I would never use them again. Save a few cents, ruin a $100 keyboard. I complained to Costco and I don't even think they sell them anymore. I have switched to all Eneloops.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.