[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quit smoking 3days ago, Any tips? Did it cold turkey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

Quit smoking 3days ago, Any tips? Did it cold turkey
>>
>>1171486
everyday without smoke, give yourself $5
>>
Get a couple of bags of peanuts, have a nibble when you start getting cranky
As much as they're reviled, I also used a vape to get over the worst of it
>>
Started vaping and havent smoked a cig for a year now - now i have a new problem though. It was quite easy to go over to vaping, eventually cigarette smoke smelled disgusting to me when someone was smoking next to me. I used to smoke for 4 years and one pack per 3 days...
>>
Good work OP! I stopped about 5 weeks ago myself, also cold derkey.

I'm very lucky that almost nobody I hang out with smokes, I think it's made a big difference for me. It's gonna suck for awhile, that morning coffee will be lacking, when you have beers you're gonna tweak a bit. Plus when you're really busy or stressed you won' thave that little crutch and procrastinator. But it's so worth waking up in the morning having your lungs not feel/smell/probably look like an ashtray. When I tweak I get some exercise (a good long walk or take the bike out for a pedal). Don't cheat! Not once! In no time at all you notice how gross it smells when you walk past people smoking. You don't want that shit in you ever again.

I've noticed that although smoking and smoke breaks were a lot of fun while it lasted, it's not so bad and you get over it fairly quickly.

I've also noticed that I'm starving all the time now. So be careful, a lot of people get really fat. This is twofold - on one hand you want to snack to occupy your hands/mouth, but on the other hand smoking is an appetite suppressant than you've been dosing yourself with for some number of years and now it's gone. It's easy to get fat! Snack on things like peanuts like the anon said, or veggies. I eat like 5 carrots a day amongst other stuff. Sometimes I crave junkfood but just keep it in check.

Finally, try not to resort to nicotine replacement if you can help it. Gum and vapes and patches are all way better than smoking, but you're only causing more suffering in the long run. The sooner you rid yourself of the nicotine addiction the sooner you know you're free and clear.
>>
>>1171486
Go to the doctor to see how fucked your lungs are.
>>
>>1171486
Spend more time doing cardio exercises. Bike riding, fast hiking. Stay away from alcohol drinks, stay away from people, places where peple drink & smoke.
Eat sunflower seeds
>>
>>1171486
get yourself a juice blender, lots of celery, spinach, kale, apple, kiwi, oranges and a lil ginger.

give it 4 months and your lungs will have recovered a great deal.
>>
File: 1489931510935.jpg (131KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489931510935.jpg
131KB, 640x480px
>>1171486
I quit smoking cold turkey two years ago. The main thing I wish I would have done different was to take the money I would have spent on two packs a day, and literally stashed it back. In cash, like a piggy bank or something.
Keep it up OP, it's not easy. The physical habit will be the first to go away, the mental part a little longer. In a few weeks your body will be off the nicotine and this is when your mood swings and temperament will get back to normal.
Change your routine. If you smoke whenever you have coffee in the mornings then start drinking hot tea. If you smoke when you are in a vehicle than start chewing gum instead. If you smoke after eating food then floss or brush your teeth instead. Little changes help at first when you are trying to break the habit of lighting up. If you are tempted to smoke when you drink then but a pack of cigars, just don't replace one bad habit with another, same goes for vape pipes.
Get an app that monitors your progress and check it daily for encouragement.
Above all remember that you finally made the decision to quit because you don't want to do it anymore, and stick to it. Don't backside, even if you just had one you can no longer say "I haven't had a cigarette since X".
Good luck OP, you can do it as long as you remember that you WANT to quit.
>pic unrelated, I just think it's a bad ass truck
>>
>>1171566
>Eat sunflower seeds
This, buy unshelled, it'll keep your hands busy without gaining weight
>>
>>1171486
>3 days ago

Should be chemically clean now, and worst should be over. Just keep your ass busy and get ready for some shitty dreams. I tried supplementing the oral fixation, gum was the only thing that kind of helped, but even that was annoying.
>>
>>1171486
suck on Fisherman's Friends when you want a smoke

if you are out and bumb a smoke from someone / take a drag, don't beat yourself up and start up again
>>
Start vaping (gonna have to deal with faggot comments) and every couple months lower the nicotine in the juice you buy until you're off
>>
>>1171624
He's already broke the chemical addiction, it's all psychological now.
>>
>>1171600
>and worst should be over.
No. The worst comes after a week. As someone who tried quitting more than a dozen times with various levels of success and finally quit 2 years ago, if you're having trouble dealing with nicotine withdrawal, use nicotine tapes for 2 months, reducing the dose with time. Don't chew nicotine gums, only use tapes.
>>
Hard candies like those worther's original and take a glass of water every time you get a craving. Cold turkey is the only way to go imo. The first few weeks kind of suck, but hang in there op
>>
>>1171632
That goes against all of my experience and science, but okay junkie.
>>
5 months quit here, you stupid vapers are fooling yourselves, as well as the "cut back over time" faggots. Nicotine doesn't work that way, if you aren't off of it, you're on it. Just fucking quit. Man up, realize that your own head is fucking with you because of the nicotine, get pissed at big tobacco, do whatever you have to do, but know that if you take one hit you're a smoker again. Basically admit your weakness. And also realize that it could take a lot of tries. It doesn't get any worse than what you've been through OP, but it will be a little while before it gets better. Another 3-5 days, but I promise it won't get get any worse: if you can deal with it right now, you can keep going no problem. I actually had a dream about smoking last night, scared the shit out of me.
>>
>>1171649
This guy gets it.
>>
>>1171486
Get hobby. Diy. Like a breakup. Keep your mind busy.

U got this shit.
>>
>>1171486
Get hobby. Diy. Like a breakup. Keep your mind busy.

U got this shit.

Also smoke the nastiest cigs or chew snus if u start to caven
>>
>>1171486
>Did it cold turkey
i did this too, after smoking for 10 years. one of the easiest things i ever did. my body just said, fuck you we're done with this shit lets go ride a bike and have super cardio-stamina to impress all the ladies in the sack
>>
>>1171486
Good for you, anon. I quit cold turkey twice, first time for 8 months (relapsed 'cause dad got into a motorcycle accident), and again 3 months after that. It's been 4 years now - energy levels increase, motivation to be healthy returns, and breathing has never been sweeter!

Some tips:
>after the first week it gets easier
>it'll be a few months before you can be in the presence of smoke without succumbing to the urge
>taking up running will help stimulate the healing of your lungs
>you will cough up disgusting black shit for at least a year - it's OK, your body is cleaning itself. If it becomes bloody, see a doctor - but don't worry; that's rare.

Here, have a pic that helped me find my motivation.
>Just 90 days, anon! Just 90 days!
>>
>>1171649
I intend to keep vaping though, I actually really enjoy it and it's totally turned me off cigs. I still really enjoy nicotine though, so vaping seems to be a great solution/compromise
>>
>>1171486
Dont give in and start vaping.
Its still ingesting nicotine, its still a vice you are handcuffed to.

Its not a "stop smoking aid"
Its a "start a new vice that you can suddenly afford to chain smoke all day, in more places without being seen or reprimanded for.
>>
>>1171851
And occasionally getting permanent facial scars.
>>
>>1171486
>Quit smoking 3days ago
Reward yourself with a delicious satisfying cigarette
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.