[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stick a puzzle and put it on the wall?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 14549926559_d77e1b76b7_b.jpg (300KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14549926559_d77e1b76b7_b.jpg
300KB, 1024x768px
I'm doing a puzzle now, 18000 pieces, it's huge, 3 meters on 2 meters or so. I'l like to stick it to something and hang it on the wall, like a painting. Any ideas on how to do this?
(the image is 1/2 of the puzzle)
>>
>>1170943
PVA glue
>>
>>1170943
That's kitsch as fuck. Why would you want to?
>>
Wood frame it and pour epoxy on it.
>>
>>1170943
Measure puzzle
Buy frame with glass front
Take back board off frame
Slide puzzle onto backboard
Place frame ontop
Flip it
Tighten
Hang
Beer
>>
>>1171013
This or daco podge or however the fuck u spell it
>>
>>1170943
And holy fucking freetime fuck batman
>>
>>1170956
this one OP
>>
>>1170943
All these ideas so far require waaaaay to much work and engineering OP.
Like ,who has the ability to take a puzzle of such size and somehow attach it to the wall? all 18000 pieces at the same time?
no way. we don't even have the technology for that. here's what you should really do -

disassemble it, then glue the pieces to the wall one at a time. easy as pie
>>
>get mountboard / card
>cut to size
>transfer puzzle to board
>lift up peice, glue on back, put back down
>repeat till done
>>
>>1171013
that's a large piece of glass
>>
>>1171074
Nope. Place the puzzle on a board and nail down each piece, then attach a mirror hanging kit.
>>
>>1171093
Use a couple of mirrors, parabolic ones, facing each other, focused together at the center, and it'll make the puzzle 3D.
>>
Shame the image on it is gay
>>
>>1171118
what? that would be extremely dangerous. possibly tear a hole through the very fabric of space-time and OP could be swept away into Oblivion.
you guys need to think about things a little more before telling OP to undertake such hazardous operations
>>
>>1170943
the left edge looks unfinished. whats the deal?
>>
>>1170956
>watch it yellow over the years.

I hope you mean on the back.

>>1171023
>said on 4chan

>>1171013
This, use plexiglass.

>>1170951
>>1171231
>>1171269
That's a googled image, n00bs.

>>1171074
>All these ideas so far require waaaaay to much work and engineering OP.

GTFO /diy/, kid.
>>
>>1171272
>>All these ideas so far require waaaaay to much work and engineering OP.
>GTFO /diy/, kid.
>>1171272
we cant even lift pyramid stones of egypt today with modern equipment. no way op can transfer 18000 pieces puzzle onto the wall at the same time. we just dont have the technology.
i'm not sayin it was aliens. but,...
>>
>>1171289
This is it! OP, listen! First! Find some aliens! Then report back.
>>
>>1171081
go buy a frame and see what kind of glass they give you
>>
>>1170943
The right amount of explosives should do the trick
>>
Depending on the puzzle (and the relative humidity changes within your house), you could thumbtack it to the wall. With the size of your puzzle though, you'd have to be superextracareful not to drop it.

Source: Me, who has a large wall with multiple puzzles thumbtacked to it ranging from 5 years ago to present.
>>
>>1171272
Kek. Rain day. 10 hours to to 5 minutes of work. Yaboi
>>
>>1171023
I have a Jackson Pollock puzzle I need to get started on.
>>
>>1170943
looking at the pattern of the cuts making the individual pieces, seems like its a repeating pattern somehow.
i wonder if its possible to put together a puzzle where the pieces fit but some are out of place color/picture wise
>>
>>1170943
http://www.puzzlewarehouse.com/how-to-glue-and-mount-a-puzzle/
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.