[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need cardboard blueprint for school project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Need cardboard blueprint for school project
>>
>>1170228
That one looks pretty good, build that.
>>
>>1170228
Cardboat.

Why tho
>>
>>1170228
google is your friend
>>
>>1170471
slather in fiberglass and have real boat.
>>
>>1170744
>>1170744
Its a school project, boat made of cardboard for 2 persons
>>
File: 20131130_155622.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20131130_155622.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>1170228
just wing it, you can see on the pic the general idea. And follow the material, once you start drawing, cutting and glueing, just do what feels natural. And use a lot of glue.
>>
>>1170744
>slather in fiberglass

Can you imagine how expensive it would be to buy that much fiberglass and resin? Not to mention to build a solid transom you'd need wood, hardware bolts, etc. You'd be way better off buying a used jon boat for a few hundred. Cool concept and do-able, but there's a reason people don't do this.
>>
>>1171781
>Cool concept and do-able, but there's a reason people don't do this.
m8 there are tons of companies that build boats by basically stretching burlap over a frame and shellacking it over and over and many primitive boats were literally just oiled furs/leather assembled in much the same way (though they didnt last as long, because, well, fur/leather vs a nasty ass lake or saltwater bay)
>>
File: 1491687295162.png (373KB, 960x862px) Image search: [Google]
1491687295162.png
373KB, 960x862px
DV Engineering
>>
>>1170228
Any more criteria than that?
Will you be racing said boat? Or having a contest to see whose remains afloat longest?

One thing I'd keep in mind with these cardboard boats; the gunwales are often under compression as buoyancy pushes up on the bow and stern with a person's weight sitting in the middle; and without reinforcement the gunwales tend to buckle outwards, allowing the boat to fold up like a cheap lawn chair. If you want your boat to remain intact and afloat, I'd recommend stiffening the gunwales with triangular beams (pic related), decking or some other form of rigidifying structure.

Stability is another common issue, particularly on smaller examples. A wide, shallow square bottom is often preferable stability-wise to a narrow, tippy profile chosen in the name of streamlining.
>>
>>1171781
This. ALWAYS buy junk boat and fix not new.
>>
>>1170228
if you cant make that from just the picture then idk what to tell you.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.