[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home made squat rack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: vy1sk.jpg (337KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
vy1sk.jpg
337KB, 2560x1920px
I would like to build a squat rack from wood at home. I would like to know how to make the adjustable pegs to hold the bar, what kind of wood and screws to use, how to build a frame that would be sturdy enough to support the weight of the bar, and what kind of tools/materials I would need.
>>
>>1170173
unless you're squatting/benching DYEL levels, just spend 200 bucks on a set of stands at amazon

it's not worth it bro

it's
not
worth
it
>>
Well, your pic can be made with a saw and a drill and some wood glue. It's made of pine. Just standard framing wood from hardware store.

Probably want to make it sturdier than pic related though. I bet that thing flexes around a bit when the weight is on the top pegs. It's the construction of the top part of the frame that concerns me.
>>
>>1170173
That frame looks good.

I would reinforce it with some lag bolts and metals plates on the joints, but otherwise it's fine. Most people never squat more than 200-300 pounds anyway. The pace is slow during a squat, so you're not even generating that much kinetic energy either.
>>
>>1170178
>on diy
>not worth doing it yourself
kys
>>
>>1170173
The pegs are just dowel rod.

The crash bars are steel.

You can make a rack out if 2x6 pine.

Lag bolts, a sae, corded drill and some large auger or forstner bits for the holes.

Personally, i dont know how much weight your expexting this to hold.

Wood is cheap. I would double or tripple up my 2x6" , gluing them together to form a 4x6 ir 6x6 .

I would space the holes, at least 2.5 or 3" apart.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.