[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gardening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: File_001.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
File_001.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey /diy/

Any ideas how I can keep squirrels and birds off my peach tree? I don't have any wire mesh or anything.
>>
File: File_000.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
File_000.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1169790
Another angle for reference.
>>
>>1169790
Very difficult. For birds, maybe some cardboard cutouts of prey birds on stick around the tree would help.
I have no idea what do you have against squirrels, though. I'm pretty sure they don't eat peach.
>>
>>1169899
That's a good idea, hopefully that'll keep them away. As for the squirrels, yes, they do eat peach. I've seen the little suckers run up to the tree and start nibbling them until I shoo them away.
>>
>>1169790
Get a cat. My cat fucking murders squirrels. If there was a squirrel war crimes tirbune, my cat would have been hung for the squirrel holocaust of 2016
>>
>>1169921
Ajajaja, thank you that made me lol. Been considering it for some time, but now that you say that I might consider adopting one this week.
>>
>>1169790
I grew up in the tropics and all the coconut trees have a metal band around the trunk. This is so rats can't climb up and eat the coconuts. Maybe try that? I'd also trim or tie the tree back so a squirrel couldn't jump from your roof to the three.

I also agree with poster about the predator bird idea
>>
>>1169925
You're spot on about the squirrels jumping from the roof to the tree. I've been considering spraying cat/dog pee on the roof to spook them. I'll try trimming it back too, thanks!
>>
>>1169941
don't trim to much, tree go into shock when you trim them. Might cause lack of fruit?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.