[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have the pocket holster in pic related. Works surprisingly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: holster.jpg (248KB, 894x586px) Image search: [Google]
holster.jpg
248KB, 894x586px
I have the pocket holster in pic related.
Works surprisingly well, but doesnt hide the gun in your jeans pocket well.
It prints a definite triangular "gun in your pocket" look
There is a 10mm or so difference in thickness from the hook outwards to where it would be flush with the guns thickness.

I want to glue some sort of 10mm material cut to the shape of the hook on both sides so that the holster will be flush with the gun.
It will still function the same way, just will be much more uniform in the pocket and look like a wallet or phone or something other than a gun. Right now it tilts the gun exaggerating the contours and drapes your pocket over it.

What materials would you use? Im having a hard time coming up with something
>>
Why would you need to carry a gun around, psycho?
>>
>>1169715
black/brown people i would assume.
>>
get an ankle holster you fucking weirdo. jeans pocket, christ
>>
>>1169753
>having the burden of carrying a gun
>put it somewhere you'll never be able to get it out if you need it
>>
>>1169736
there is no assuming. Let's just stop pretending the zombie holocaust isn't a euphemism for something more literal.
>>
>>1169928
how fucking fat are you
>>
>>1169932
Funny you say that, its way easier to ankle carry if you are fat. Its a very very poor way to carry a gun.
Unless you think bending down, pulling your pant leg up, unbuckling/unvelcroing your holster, drawing your weapon while in a crouched position, and then standing up before getting a sight picture is a great way to carry.
You know, instead of
>stick hand in pocket
>draw
or
>pull up shirt
>draw

Ankle holsters are movie garbage
>>
>>1169940
>bending down
what
>>
File: 5510095812_2783d5c533_b.jpg (260KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
5510095812_2783d5c533_b.jpg
260KB, 800x600px
>>1169942
>having abnormally long arms where you can reach your ankles without having to crouch or bend down
>>
This whole thread is garbage.
>>
>>1169947
Some people enjoy shitting on the OP instead of helping. /diy/ in a nutshell nowadays
>>
Repost your problem on /k/ for best results.

/diy/ isn't specific enough.
>>
>>1169684
I have an lcp2 in a boraii as well. Have someone take a pic of you. The see how bad the printing is. My friends told me the printing wasn't that bad, i didn't believe them until i saw for myself.
>>
>>1169753
Ankle holsters are a horrible idea for a primary weapon.
>>
>>1169928
Pocket carry is a real thing, and extremely viable. Pocket holsters are a real thing. Research before you comment.
>>
>>1170016
I was saying that ankle carry is stupid, not pocket carry
>>
>>1170012
Im used to carrying with a Desantis Superfly so it was never a big deal before, but way too bulky.

It went from completely obfuscated to where its extremely clear to me at least.
Ill try out the pictures/videotaping myself and see
>>
>>1170017
My bad
>>
>>1169684
Can you get a picture of what it looks like right now? I can't get a great mental image of the problem from the description.
Also, if you have it in your pocket, why do you want a holster?
>>
>>1170024
>Also, if you have it in your pocket, why do you want a holster?

Not op but it helps keeps your gun in place so it doesnt tumble around
And it keeps the trigger covered so you dont inadvertently pull the trigger and shoot yourself
>>
File: print.jpg (219KB, 1000x748px) Image search: [Google]
print.jpg
219KB, 1000x748px
>>1170024
A triangle like this
This is with a holster already to make it look less like a gun. OPs holster would be a lot sharper
>>
File: kollektion.jpg (1MB, 2802x1790px) Image search: [Google]
kollektion.jpg
1MB, 2802x1790px
>>1169684
I'd look into a small scrap of something like outdoor carpet. Usually has a thick rubber backing. You could use something like 550 cord to tie it through the holes. In the meantime mock it up with cardboard till you get something that fits but doesn't bind or poke when you sit down.
I'm looking at making something like this for my 5.11's so my Kimber can fit in the cargo pocket and not flop around.
Though, here we can open carry. I still prefer to conceal since some folks are "uncomfy" around firearms and I don't like advertising.
>>
>>1169684
melt some hdpe into a block and shape it?
buy some kydex?
buy some leather?
>>
>>1169942
Seriously how fat are you? You just kick you leg back and then grab it ya tard. Not to mention that you can still get to it while seated. Unlike waist carrying.
>>
How about some contact cement to stick some filler material that is cut to fill the low spots.
>>
File: kek.jpg (7KB, 180x240px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
7KB, 180x240px
>>1170102
>waist carrying.
>>
>>1170102
The last thing you want to do in a physical confrontation is to squat down and mess with your pants. Why not just scream pkease kick me in the head. Remeber this is not the military where you are moving to contact. Someone has walked up to you asked you what time it is and is swinging a sucker punch at you. By the time you realize you are in a fight its half over.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.