[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've achieved a nice amber/golden lighting with a mere table

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: lamp.jpg (96KB, 1001x1101px) Image search: [Google]
lamp.jpg
96KB, 1001x1101px
I've achieved a nice amber/golden lighting with a mere table lamp in my bedroom, but can't seem to duplicate this anywhere else.

Let me explain.
The forementioned lighting effect in my room is due to the colour of the lampshade I'm using.
Not the outside either, I'm talking about the colour of the inside.

In pic related you can see there is a plastic lining on the inside of the lamp, if you look through the hole in the top of the lampshade.

Well it just so happens that the colour of this plastic lining on the lamp that I own has a yellowish tint, and thus it paints the room in a warm amber glow.

The problem is, I've visited about 5 different stores, and literally all of the lampshades I've seen have a white inner lining. In fact when looking for a lampshade online, the colour of the inner lining isn't even written anywhere, because there is no option for such a thing, because they're all white.

So how do I go about achieving this lighting in another room? Would buying a white lampshade and colouring the inside with a yellow marker work? Or do I have to do something else entirely.
Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>1169131
go to a thrift/secondhand/antique/goodwill/whatever store, place be full of yellowed and mellowed on the inside lampshades. And forget what the lamp itself looks like, you only need the shade, can attach that to whatever lamp you like. Also vintage bulbs would generally have a more yellowish tone (vintage manufactured, not vintage used, obv.) - you get new 'toned' bulbs, but, they all crap, more or less. tldr, either find a source with a few crates of old bulbs (and I'll take best offers..), or, second-hand the lampshade, that'll work.
>>
Shellac comes in different shades, I'd try that.
>>
>>1169141
> forget what the lamp itself looks like, you only need the shade, can attach that to whatever lamp you like
different lamp shades have different size rings tho
Just yesterday I bought a lamp and the ring on the lampshade i bought for it was too small to fit on it

>>1169158
I'm worried that might be too opaque and might block the light
>>
File: ring.png (105KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
ring.png
105KB, 640x640px
>>1169141
>>1169173
pic related
>>
>>1169131

It's yellowed from age, I would say. Try looking for used lamp shades
>>
>>1169236
This. Combine it with >>1169174, and every guy that's used the same sock for... things... for a while can tell you what to use as a yellowing agent. Godspeed OP, I hope your lampshades are small.
>>
>>1169237
>I hope your lampshades are small
Maximum kek
>>
>>1169236
yeah i guess I will, someone pointed that out already tho
thanks

>>1169237
thanks
>>
File: 1427067017099.jpg (63KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
1427067017099.jpg
63KB, 333x333px
>>1169237
>cum as a yellowing agent

>>1169344
>thanks
>>
>>1169131

Why not build a lampshade out of brow glass? Combine with pine paneling and heavy curtains and boom your set.
>>
>>1170660
i'm not really native to this board.
don't know how to do all that
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.