[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate my square pillars but they keep me alive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: they're kinda like this.jpg (12KB, 288x480px) Image search: [Google]
they're kinda like this.jpg
12KB, 288x480px
There's a room in my house that I've been wanting to transform into a nice place to dance and practice sports and stuff, but there are two concrete pillars that are looking old, and they're square.

**I would like to know if there are any good ways to make them round? I tried searching around but I couldn't find anything.**

It could be stuff from covering the pillar with some other material to make it round to actually covering it in some sort of plaster to proceed with sanding and whatever to achieve my cilinder dreams. Or whatever, I don't know shit and that's why I'm asking.

I also have intentions of painting some drawings and writings on it, if this info is relevant at all.

Please, help?
>>
>>1168981
Sonotubes.

Cut in half lengthways, fit around pillar, glue back together. Paint, wallpaper, etc. You may want to fill them with something so they are more solid.
>>
I'd start looking for Cylindrical post wraps in the size you need. Might be a custom order type of thing.

The sonos/concrete forming tubes might be the cheapest solution here.
>>
>>1168981
>I've been wanting to transform into a nice place to dance
Son I am disappoint
>>
>>1168984
Came here to post this but no idea wtf a sonotube is or care.

Concrete form tubes and paint also work.
>>
>>1168981
Or could spurge on pipe and a welder
>>
>>1168981
you wanting decorative, or, you want active?
if i were using it mostly for dance/sports stuff, thinner it remains, the better - Id just chuck some padding round it, boxing ring post style, and good is.

You want to decorate it and contemplate, proceed as above (form/sonotube/whatever) - Id definitely also fill, tho - then go faux greek column and Trompe-l'œil n shit - pinterest is probably full of this nonsense - as said, depends on how much space you have available, making them round will make them bigger.
>>
>measure the length of the diagonal
>Get a PVC pipe a little bigger than that
>cut pipe in half
>git around post, screw in place
>paint or whatever
>>
>>1168998
sonotube is a paper concrete form tube

it is like saying "bandaid"
>>
Question is do you want to keep them, or is there chance to make them disappear with out roof coming down? Essentially what i mean, how about replacing them with steel beam and archway? I would consult local building inspector, engineer and contractor, before doing this, but i would think it could work, depending the footing. Really cant say much more with one picture.

Those concrete form tubes are the answer if you want to make those pillars round, though you should remove paint and maybe add some rebar before pouring. You can cut those forms in half, then hot glue, or silicone those seams and wrap rope round the pipe, so it wont open from concrete pressure.
>>
File: 12x6mm-half-round-a.jpg (77KB, 523x450px) Image search: [Google]
12x6mm-half-round-a.jpg
77KB, 523x450px
>>1168981
easy. get some pic related at the width of your pillars and screw/glue them on. done.
>>
>>1168998
Packing peanuts would make more sense than concrete
>>
How thick are the pillars? Maybe they are just the cosmetic shell for steel posts inside. I lived in a house that had steel posts in the basement. If so, I would smash the concrete apart to reveal the steel, which may be round if you're lucky.
>>
>>1169144
Not concrete just the form tubes for it i mean. Giant cardbord tube.
>>
>>1169030
I see
>>
>>1168981
Replace with round steel support, can use it for pole dancing/strip club now. Simple.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.