[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

create a new bedroom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 07.jpg (81KB, 1200x800px)
07.jpg
81KB, 1200x800px
hi guys ! i want to make a suprise for my daughter "17 yo" so i want to make for her a new bedroom but i have absolutly no idea how i can do it for things like: color of wall or floor , bed, dressing ect...

If you have to make this room ... how will you design it ? Can you give me an idea with this picture ?
>>
>>1168849
>no windows

i'm guessing this is in an attic or something. i would install a skylight.
>>
>>1168849
>suprise
How are you gonna muffle the noises of your activities?
>>
>17 year old girl

Make the whole floor a giant mattress and leave a few boxes of condoms.
>>
File: 06.jpg (56KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
56KB, 800x531px
there is a window at left but i have already imagine put an other one...

she's gone for 2 month to italia.. i want to do his room in this period...

an other pics of the room (bath and wc)
>>
i'm realy sorry i'm not really good for English ...
>>
>>1168898
It would start with the walls, would put a darker, blue galaxy perhaps tone. Only with the painting would it be a new room
>>
>17 yo
You're gonna need a big ass walk-in closet, girls like fashion. A dresser with hooks above it to hang jewelry, necklaces, earings, a ring holder, and add a candle. Nice big bed with an opaque-glass lamp on the nightstand for reading at night. Room to lay out a yoga mat and a large full sized mirror for checking out her outfits. Make a reading nook in the corner and make sure the room is very well lit. Nothing worse than a dim lit room, just feels drabby. Google some pictures for inspiration. If you see something that looks cool in a picture, then buy it or build it
>>
Really nice but i see a big problem... the orange wall at the middle of the room... is very fat 2*3 and i don't know how i can hide it.. mirror ? Paint? Or what? What do you thinks about it ?can't leave out it because it's the tower of the chemicals...
>>
>>1168949

Dis dude gets it. Damn good advices imo
>>
>>1169311

What i would do is wood that shit up. Use nice darkish stained spruce or w/e to panel the pillar and daaamn youre fine man shes gonna love it, at least i sure would. Especially if you diy as it seems youre going to.
>>
>>1168898
>she's gone for 2 month to italia
Might as well build a baby room too, she's pregnant.
>>
File: attic reno diy.jpg (245KB, 1200x800px)
attic reno diy.jpg
245KB, 1200x800px
>>1168849
Paint the beams and walls white/light grey and install a custom shelving unit to fill in this gap. Obviously you cannot have a full sized doorway but leave an open design to access the bedroom space. Paint everything else and add some lounge furniture for a living space for your daughter in the larger area.
>>
>>1168862
That's horrible

You at least need a dresser

Something solid to bend her over
>>
>>1169333
This is a solid idea. Get rid of the useless opening and blend in those otherwise ugly dark-wood-on-white-walls details. They may have looked good to someone at some point, but this is now.
>>
So, I'll be the one to say it here.

She's 17. Ask her what she wants. Don't try to surprise her. Make it livable and let her pick out the decor and style. She will most likely hate what you pick.
>>
>>1169355
>She's 17. Ask her what she wants.

Terrible idea.

As someone who was 17 ten years ago, this is a bad idea. Even a smart 17yr old has shit taste. She will want green walls or some garbage that looks terrible and she will regret. Let her "express herself" with clothing, music, and dying her hair every once in a while. Don't renovate your home around whatever fad she's into.
>>
>>1169355
>>1169364
Just look at her pintrest and see what home decor she likes. That way you can model it off of something semi-professional but still in her vein.
>>
>>1169368
Dude you odiously don't have a daugher.
>>
>>1168849
Or... instead of asking a bunch of strangers on the internet you know... talk to your daughter?

Hell, giver her a dollar amount and go to the home improvement store and give her free reign
>>
>>1168898
>>1168899
>>1168849

where are you located ??

In Europe ?
>>
Painting the beams would be fucking idiotic as that'll never come off. Keep them dark for the contrast. I hate this shabby chic faggot trend of slathering white paint on EVERYTHING because that's all you're capable of.
I'd kill for a house with plastered walls and dark, exposed beams.

Just put in a new laminate floor that's lighter than the beams. Maybe oak color. If you have to paint something white just do the chimney.
Install a lot of small lightsources for cozy.
It's impossible to get any good overview of that room so I dunno about installing permanent shelving etc. Also kids (especially girls) shouldn't be allowed to make their own decisions so don't ask her.
>>
>>1168949
This.

Also vanity and storage for half your ernings worth of malup likely
>>
>>1169364
I dunno anon. At 27 i got drunk with my dad and his boss. Painted the rom white and got a gallon of green and just whiped it with a brush all over shit. For 2 fucking years i didnt know i had an outlet in there. 10/10 would do again.
>>
>>1169772
>plastered walls.

Come kill me and take my shitty albatross.
>>
>>1168849
Im a grill. If you go with sherwin williams vaguely mauve it's light enough to cover all of the walls and will work with wood beams or beams that are painted white. It'll look cottagey and transitional which bitches love. Pair with a beige carpet. As for furniture I would leave that to her unless you can nail pottery barn bohemian look that girls are into. She might like a large dresser for clothes, or maybe she would prefer a makeup vanity and shelves. She might live a metal bed or an upholstered bed. That kind of stuff is really individual.
>>
>>1168849
>17 yo
Post her pictures in a bikini so we can judge better her measurements relative to the room. It's the only way to find out.
>>
>>1169364
I was 17 yesterday (no more), we are moving and my mum decided my walls to be green because I refused to decide.
I hate my self and my life
>>
>>1170047
painting a wall is easily /diy/ and won't take more than an hour or two
>>
>>1168949
sound proof your floor or get her a waterbed for when she has boys stay over.
>>
>>1168898
wow she is gonna get so cum-soaked

>>1168849
Take into account the acoustics of the place, when she brings home Tyrone, he is gonna want to play some trap music while CUM-BLASTING that tight ass all night
>>
>>1168849
My suggestion is simple.

Do all the prep work while she is gone, get the walls up and ready for paint, install any extra windows/skylights.

Then when she gets back, surprise her by saying.

This is going to be your room, this is the budget we have for paint and furnishings, lets go pick some shit out. This is usually the best way to go about it.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.