[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Light Bulb Lamp Socket

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (466KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
466KB, 500x500px
Newfag here, but I figured this would be the best place to ask.

Can you recommend a lamp like pic related? Except for a blacklight bulb. I don't even know if Home Depot sells something that simple or basic.
>>
>>1168481
They do sell things like that.
That is a lamp holder / porcelain lamp holder plus a lamp cord with plug and lamp cord switch.
>>
>>1168484

will it work for a blacklight bulb? This particular lamp in the pic is something called E27 bulb
>>
File: ikea hemma lamps.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ikea hemma lamps.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
home depot sells the component pieces, except for the wood base, but ikea sells the lamp kit all preassembled - just add a base.

as for black lights, they come in two varieties, in neon shape, from 5-inches to 2-feet long, and in regular screw-in base which is universal.

not sure it's a good idea to put a black light outside coz they get very hot, and rain drops will probably cause a temperature differential on the glass causing ti ti break.
>>
>>1168485
e26/e27 are functionally the same, your basic screw-in "edison" base. A compact fluorescent or incandescent black light bulb will fit fine as long as they are screw-in.
>>
>>1168490

This is strictly for inside.

Would this work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/E27-Vintage-Industrial-Table-Edison-Light-Bulb-Desk-Wood-Socket-Lamp-Dimmable-/131903438553?var=&hash=item1eb60ebed9:m:m5pzQskLCyGW3gZV5wkgLfA
>>
>>1168492
that kind of stamped metal and cardboard lamp socket is 100% the shittiest.
>>
>>1168485
E27 is a european edison screw standard. E26 is the american equivalent. They are interchangeable and your "standard" light bulb sockets. You could literally go down to goodwill and buy an old granny lamp and it will work for a black light.

Keep in mind though that blacklights will still harm you with UVA radiation. Longwave UVA does not cause DNA damage directly but rather penetrates deep and causes oxidation of the chemicals in your skin, which then can cause cancer via DNA damage. Also causes skin aging and looking into black light bulbs is like looking into the sun without realizing it. You can get nuclear cataracts.

Doubly so for fluorescent bulbs as the coating inside them can become damaged and then leak the entire UV spectrum, not just the "least harmful" UVA.

If you want sources I can go dig some up.
>>
>>1168496

Gonna need some sauce on that
>>
>>1168498
http://www.skincancer.org/prevention/uva-and-uvb

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/can-compact-fluorescent-lightbulbs-damage-skin/
>>
>>1168501

I'm not using a tanning bed.
>>
>>1168504
That's the thing. You don't have to.
>>
>>1168501
Couldn't he just use some of those nifty UV LED lamps?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.