[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can anyone help me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: 1.jpg (307KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
307KB, 1280x960px
what the hell am i doing wrong?

pic 1/2
>>
everything
>>
File: 2.jpg (981KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
981KB, 1632x1224px
>>1168434
pic 2/2

[fingerprints everywhere]
>>
>>1168435
really? can you help me out? :P
>>
someone, pleaseeeee :/
>>
You have to at least give some information bro.

I believe from the pics you're keeping the pots and these switches are seperate.

What are you trying to accomplish?
What is in the circuit?
What was it previously(tone, volume, pup selector)?

Do you have a color code for the pups(north start/finish, south start/finish)?
What coils do you want to active when they're split?

Details my man, no one can assist if they have no idea of what you seek to accomplish or the variables.

Also, i've never been inside a fagmaster or whatever memeset that is. But i know a decent amount about guitar electrical.

And don't bump on /diy/, threads can last up to 4 days without a single post.
>>
I guess he just want to turn on and off 2 humbuckers separetely, using those 2 switches

I got the idea, but I have no idea how to do that tho lol
>>
File: color_codes-809x1024.jpg (131KB, 809x1024px) Image search: [Google]
color_codes-809x1024.jpg
131KB, 809x1024px
>>1168437
You need to know your pickup color code.

Your north starts goes to the on/off switches.
Your north finish and south start are soldered together and run to the blue dpdt. You will also run a ground wire to the blue dpdt so that you can switch these to gound.
>>
This is basically what I have to do, I just don't know how to do it using these 2 jaguar switches. 1 for neck pickup and 1 for bridge pickup :\ I'm so damn lost lol never worked on something like this before
>>
also, I'm using 2 brazilian made pickups. red wire goes to the switch, black and white wires are soldered together (and.. isolated? all i know is that you should use them for split). green wire and mesh are soldered together and should go to the bridge ground. wtf I've seen some people soldering both green/mesh wires behind the vol knob. (sorry for my English, I'm mexican lol)
>>
>>1168794
I think your problem... if I undetstand you correctly... is those jag switches are the wrong type of switches. You need a spdt switch for this diagram and they are two spst switches (maybe).

I am not sure because I can't tell from your pics how the guitar was wired originally... as jags usually have single coils stock... but that would be a starting point.

Also don't assume switch type based on the look... buy new and rewire.
>>
File: 1493337290769.jpg (127KB, 1261x516px) Image search: [Google]
1493337290769.jpg
127KB, 1261x516px
knock yourself out
>>
>>1168924
OK i'll try to figure out!
>>
>>1168826
originally? only a single humbucker with a jaguar switch to turn on and off! :) but I sold my seymour duncan and fucked everything up lol

there's a brazilian guitar called "giannini supersonic" with the same kind of wiring i want to do, but i an find the diagram or w.e

pic related
>>
>>1168969
giannini sonic*
>>
>>1168924
yay I finally did it! Thanks bro! the whole mistery was in the white wire with the output jack.. now the bitch started screaming, lmao once again THANKS A LOT!
>>
>>1169420
right on.
How'd the coil tap turn out?

I normally test things with a cell phone before getting everything back together. The pickups will grab a ringtone playing.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.