[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moveable Airgun Target Setup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: TargetBox.jpg (85KB, 458x458px)
TargetBox.jpg
85KB, 458x458px
Hello, I have a situation I hope you could help me with.
I would like to set up an airgun target in my garage, due to lack of space however, I need to be able to move it aside when finished, and it would need to have a backstop be a part of it in case I miss.

I have a target box that is pic related and a handheld drill/screw machine.
What I was thinking was just getting a cheap shelf and putting this box on it and screw an ugly cheap thick rug to the back of it.
However, the pellets might ricochet if I hit the ledger itself.

Any ideas for something that would fit all my criteria and work for someone with no /diy/ experience ? I'm trying to keep it cheap.
>>
>>1168257
just make a literal box out of plywood, you need some plywood, some glue and some nails, and a hammer, and a saw

>no diy experience

actually, fuck that, just take a fucking plastic box from somewhere, tape a towel inside, tape the target paper on the opening, done

>ricochet

then just dont fucking aim outside the paper
>>
>>1168257
Cardboard box.
Dowel.
Towel.

Open the box so you have a hole to shoot into, install the dowel at the top and drape a towel on it.
If you left enough lip around the hole you cut you can mount a target around it firmly.
Congrats, you made something that can withstand even plastic practice rounds fired from an actual gun.
>>
>>1168271
I've seen larger setups that use newspaper hanging on dowels (a lot of them) that stop handgun rounds.
>>
>>1169864
Must have been 9mm
>>
I would suggest thin foam board and lots of duct tape.
The foam board resists damp weather and you can seamlessly repair it with duct tape.
it only cost me 12 dollars to make 4 targets.
Try using bright foam board and dark tape. I haven't tried it but it might make it so you see where your shot landed.
>>
>>1169979
Kek, easy to recognize a kommando
>>
>>1168257
And here I thought OP wanted to build a moving target.

SO DISAPPOINTED...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.