[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

12v Lighting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I need some lights for my garage,
found some 12v led strips that put out 450 lumen/meter (3000-3500K) 9,6W/m
and another that put out 900 lumen/meter (2500-2700K) 14,4W/m .

I'm forced to use a 12v car/caravan battery so I'm concerned about consumption.

The strip are sold in 5 meters bundles, so I'll probably run four 1,25m strips.
In the first case that'd be 12W/m making it a 1A consumption per strip, and 1,5A in the second.

So if I plug a 70Ah battery like pic related, do I get around ≈70 hours of use? is that right?
And how many cycles of charching would a battery like this last?
>>
>>1168178
>do I get around ≈70 hours of use?

Sorry, with the whole 5m in use that'd be 5A so 14 hours of use.
>>
>>1168178
>>1168178
Lead acid batteries are good for no more than half their rated capacity before physical decomposition begins to impact performance.

But my point of concern is the luminosity.

A 60watt tungsten incandescent bulb puts out 900 lumens. In the case of the latter strip, is 5 incandescant lights really enough light for your garage?

If you plan on doing any amount of work in the garage and are using this for task lighting then I can assure you that this solution will be less than ideal.

Please explain why you can't make use of mains power
>>
>>1168185
>>1168185
>Please explain why you can't make use of mains power

Because there's none,
I live in a condo so connecting the lights to my house would mean running a 50m cable in the courtyard.

>is 5 incandescant lights really enough light for your garage?
It's 6x12 meters so I'd say yes

>Lead acid batteries are good for no more than half their rated capacity
Well then, seems like my plan is foiled
>>
>>1168189
Why would you need 70 hours?

Even >>1168180
at 14 hours, times half per >>1168185
When are you going to spend 7 hours straight in there? Just set up a charging station in your appt and take the battery up/down.

I've been thinking about setting up auto 12v lighting with a solar/battery setup...
>>
>>1168192
Shit, wire up your car to charge the second battery if the alternator can handle it, then whenever your car is in the garage, you got a charged battery too!
>>
>>1168192
>Why would you need 70 hours?
I don't, I'm just trying to figure out how long the battery would last with one charge.

>Just set up a charging station in your appt and take the battery up/down.
Exactly what I wanted to do, but if I figure I'll have to replace the battery every other week then it's not really worth it
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.