[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vampliers or Wera screwdrivers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Neji.jpg (121KB, 1500x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Neji.jpg
121KB, 1500x1072px
So I just looked on Amazon, and evidently I have about 55 buckaroos sitting in my account. I was looking at some Wera Screwdrivers, since a set of cabinetmakers would be handy.

BUT

I also found out if you go by the Neji-saurus engineer name, you can get "vampliers" at around a $10 dollar reduction per piece. So now I have to figure out which ones I want. Does anyone on /diy/ have a set? And if so, are they any more useful than locking pliers for fucked screws? (And I just thought of this) Would I be better off making my own vampliers out of some husky's I have lying around?
>>
>>1168112
buy tools you need, not tools you want
>>
>>1168113
I've got all the tools I "need", I'm looking at what will make me more productive/efficient. Right now I take off rounded screws with VISE grips, but if these things are superior, I don't mind throwing 20 bucks down the rabbit hole.
>>
>>1168114
yes they are superior, they are basically built for this exact task, the their teeth is sharp and hardened to japanese standards and oriented for this purpose, i have only seen very good reviews of them
>>
>>1168112
what wera screwdrivers you want?(just fell for the meme got my first cheaper one hard plastic handle one to try it out - lol)
i wodl get that i wodl need the most now then get things that are not needet for work
the tools will not run away
>>1168113
more like is good to have tools and dont need them and have them ass needing them nad not having them :D
>>
File: pliers badass.jpg (243KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
pliers badass.jpg
243KB, 1280x960px
>>1168114
>Right now I take off rounded screws with VISE grips
Get a pair of these. I had to search for this pic because I keep mine in the car. folded a penny twice with 'em.(can't seem to find the pic)
They're my "go-to" when nothing else works well. Great for stripped screws.
Found pic with "battery post pliers" that some anon here once told me they were called. Searching shows varied jaw shapes, but these (not the channel-lock looking jaws) are badass.

I have linemans pliers like OP pic, but rarely use them. They're convienant if you need cutters and pliers and only want to carry one tool for electrical work, but other than that, they're not really the best tool for anything, regardless of whatever gimmicky name they call them.
>>
I have those Nejisaurus Rex pliers. They are very, very good.
>>
>>1168112
Vampliers are worth the money
Its hard to convince someone they are worth it until they use them. Also they are made in Japan which is really nice.
>>
>>1168112
I've used those vampire pliers to remove a broken brass screws holding washers on valve stems...
after the head broke off, removed the washer, and there was maybe 1mm left sticking out, if not less.

Those things are badass if you deal with things where screws fall apart or break off easy. Small screws that strip out in electrics, they're great too.
>>
>>1168113
Get a load of this guy!
>>
>>1168112
I want a set but I'm a bit much of a Jew for the price.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.