[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Natural Sound Proofing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I'm looking to recreate something similar to the pic. I'd like to dampen some of the sound in my studio room, and I thought this was a great idea.

What's stopping me from getting 12"x12" sound absorbing panels and painting a buttermilk/moss mixture on them to grow my own moss? The pic related goes for $100+ for a 11"x11" square, which is insane.

Is it safe to essentially have moss hanging on my wall indoors? I was planning on arranging 12"x12" sound proof foam panels on 4'x4' boards with a nice framing around it. Ideally, I'd have 4 of these framed moss boards. This way, they're not right up against the wall (I'd assume the foam would get a little damp) and I can easily reposition them when needed.

TL;DR- what are the negative effects of hanging panels of moss on my walls indoors-- can I get sick from it? Will it fuck my walls up? Is it gross? Should I even bother?
>>
>>1168005
DUDE WEED
>>
>>1168007
Quality of post my friend.

>>1168005
That actually seems like a pretty neat idea. I once stayed in a hotel in japan that had american/european style showers that had moss growing on the floor outside the shower instead of a bath mat to dry your feet on, thought that was a neat idea.
>>
seems like it would smell funny
>>
>>1168008

That's pretty cool, dunno if I'd want to step on it barefoot though.

Does anyone know if I would need to water the panels? I'm sure there's gotta be some sort of upkeep involved.
>>
>>1168011
I really don't know, I would look into moss growth.
>>
>>1168005
remember, that whole "blend buttermilk and moss then paint moss on Anywhere! Moss grafetti lol so randum xD" is 99.99% lie
>>
>>1168011
>>1168013
When you figure it all out, please let me know i'm interested in this idea.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+grow+moss+on+wall
>>
>>1168005
Terrible idea.
Moss likes it wet. This invites mold. Also moss produces spores which will fly around in your room.
As neat as it would look like, its a bad idea.
>>
>>1168005

>TL;DR- what are the negative effects of hanging panels of moss on my walls indoors

Too fragile to dust, it will accumulate dust.
>>
>>1168005

>Is it safe to essentially have moss hanging on my wall indoors?

Looking a bit into it, all these moss wall panels are preserved(Scandia/Bun/Nordik). I assume they spray them with an acrylic coating. It's not a live plant wall.
>>
>>1168024
>>1168135
>>1168143
Very true. Thanks for the input!

>>1168146
Nice find, I wonder if coating it would remedy the problems mentioned above without affecting the sound dampening capabilities.
>>
I live in an oak hammock in FL, the trees on my 1 acre are basicaly a mega farm for old man's beard(grey long hanging moss) I could very easily pick up enough moss to cover all the walls in my house in a month. It would have to be treated to kill all the shit that lives in them. Crazy infested with insects. Also would need to be preserved,dry moss looks like pubes of Satan. I always thought if I could find a way to sell it I would be rich.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.