[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Removing a cheap lock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170426_172108.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170426_172108.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
Hi /diy/, I have a short trip over the weekend and I want to use this suitcase I got at a yard sale but there's this lock on it with no key. I've already poked at it with a paperclip which usually works for these but it's not coming off. How can I remove it without ruining the zipper?

(No I'm not breaking into someone else's luggage, it's not even connected to the other zipper to hold it closed.)
>>
>>1167881
you don't have a hacksaw or pair of heavy snips? those things are flimsy as hell.
>>
>>1167881
its a mag lock - but, as >>1167883 noted, Fort fucking Knox be elsewhere. Borrow a pair of pliers, stick a screwdriver in and twist, or use your teeth.
>>
Use a pair of lineman plyers to cut through the shackle, its no stronger than a thick piece of wire.
>>
>>1167881
literally hit it with a hammer, they shatter like parmesan cheese
>>
>>1167881
I used to open those with a simple wood screw. Just screwing it in until it opens.
>>
>>1167881
Use some lineman pliers to cut the loop
>>
>>1167881

not every moron that posts here about how to remove a lock that you get for $0.25 from a gumball machine owns a $40 pair of lineman pliers (which are great at cutting even hardened steel). That lock will break if it's looked at hard enough however.
>>
File: 20170426_191239.jpg (851KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170426_191239.jpg
851KB, 3264x1836px
>>1168004
I own 4 or 5 pairs.
How about the double wrench method then? Stick two open end wrenches in the shackle and have their sides touching each other, squeeze together and it should snap the shackle.
>>
>>1167881
Use two wrenches to bust it open via cam action and leverage.
>>
>>1167881

...Fucks sake, don't even bother. Just pull the locked zippers right around to the other side of the case, jimmy something plastic or a breadknife through the theeth at any point and open it up, and once you are done juts close it and pull the zip saround to the other side and back to the center point. It will be as if you never opened it.

>Locksmith
>>
>>1168783

To add to my post; might as well just cut the lock off and not bother putting on another if it's a zip up. The method above makes it laughably easy to break into and seal with no trace of tampering.

Buy suitcases with no teeth. the ones that are solid plastic and seal with a beefy padlock.
>>
Smash it with a hammer. Don't break the zipper tab.
>>
>>1167881
bolt cutters
>>
File: m7jDBWWd_FJset7mhky4vnQ.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
m7jDBWWd_FJset7mhky4vnQ.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>1167881
why dont you have not even a small bolt cutters?
>>
>>1167899
parmesan cheese shatters?
>>
>>1167881
cut a shim out of a soda can.
>>
If OP has no tools of any sort handy, you just need a sturdy metal thing that is slender enough to fit in the shackle. I bet even a pair of disposable chopsticks would be enough. Anyway, secure the body of the lock to something, or step on it, slide your metal thing or chopsticks through the shackle, grab either side of metal thing and twist. The shackle should snap.
>>
some of these thread mane
>>
>>1169289
This guy's never had pizza
>>
>>1167881
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jJP0CcuJyE
>>
>>1169289
this guy's right tho, between a hammer blow and a solid object as an anvil, this thing should come apart like kennedy's head.
>>
>>1167881
>>1167881
Use bolt cutters for and easy solution, or learn some lockpicking, these locks are really easy to pick. Poking it with a paperclip isn't lockpicking
>>
>>1167881
Hard stone underneath. Hit with hard stone from above.
(Assuming no tools)
>>
>>1169289
It does if its properly aged and not mixed with wax and preservatives
>>
>>1167881
a pair of kitchen scissors will remove this
>>
>>1168783
I was going to reccomend doing this.
Zips are shit.
>>
>>1167881
>If OP has no tools of any sort handy, you just need a sturdy metal thing that is slender enough to fit in the shackle. I bet even a pair of disposable chopsticks would be enough. Anyway, secure the body of the lock to something, or step on it, slide your metal thing or chopsticks through the shackle, grab either side of metal thing and twist. The shackle should snap.
This, but if you use two pieces of metal you don't even have to hold it still: you just twist them, like opening a pair of scissors. Works with most cheap/average locks, assuming your tools are sturdy enough
>>
>>1167881
You can literally pick those with paperclips.

I know because I had like 3 of that exact same lock when I was 12 and would pick them for fun.
>>
>>1168022
Fucks sake try it. You have too much time on your hands or you're stalling. Get packing son.
>>
>>1167881
easiest lock in the world to pick. just wiggle a paper clip around in there for a while.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.