[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3D printed electronics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: pcb.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
pcb.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
I know there are 3D printers who can make circuit boards, but apparently they can only make the conductive roads... you still have to put components in it (diodes, resistors, transistors, etc...).
Is there anything that can make *complete* electronic devices? i.e.: things that are theoretically ready to function right after printing?
>>
>>1167633
nope

>inb4 factories
not diy, get out
>>
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1849283018/makerarm-the-first-robotic-arm-that-makes-anything

is the only thing I would have in mind outside of professional machinery
>>
>>1167659
One ring to rule them all!
>>
>>1167633
there is a project at MIT to design a robot that can walk off of a 3d print bed alone, but im sure they are atleast a decade away.
>>
>>1167633
i SUPPOSE you could come up with some kind of silicon process that was close enough to SLA type 3d printing in function that you could describe it as such.
depends what you mean by complete. 3d print the battery too?

people jerk themselves off about 3d printers not because they are good, not because the quality is better or its faster or the structure is better but for pretty much only one reason: it's accessible. you don't need any skill, any real knowledge or practice to fire up a 3d printer and pump out some shit you downloaded off the internet. not like traditional machining where you actually have to know and understand things.

people tell me 3d printing is hard and prints fail and there is much technique and skill in it. if you can't use a 3d printer without the prints coming out fucked then i'm sorry you are a no use retard and a waste of space.
>>
>>1167847
>feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>1167633
Resistors, probably, as long as you don't mind having a shit-ton of different-resistivity filaments and wasted space. Caps, if you want a couple of pF, sure. Semiconductors, fuck off. It would be faster to etch and solder a board.
>>
Adding the components really isn't very hard. If people are interested enough to setup a 3d printer, finishing with components isn't a big deal. All you need is a steady hand 30 minutes of practice.
>>
File: dual-on-the-fly-vision.jpg (94KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
dual-on-the-fly-vision.jpg
94KB, 500x333px
>>1167633
Closest thing you'll to get automated process is a pick and place machine.
>>
is there anything that can specifically print electronic components?
>>
>>1171210
no

what the fuck retarded question is that
>>
>>1171210
Well, technically, you can print functions out of scilicium.
But you need to build your own chip to do so.
And, granted, it's neither cheap nor DIY.

All you can do is some sort of hybrid machine that "print" your conductive layers, then put solderpaste, then place components, then melt solderpaste with laser or so.

Not that useful for DIY usage, and not that fast to industrial usage (better have high speed specialized machines like the one currently in use)
>>
Stop thinking about automating "cheap" pcb shit. Circuits don't need to be micro size or use atomic scale amounts of minerals. It is okay to build something in macro size. Think like 1970s electronics. Different materials and methods entirely. Much easier to DIY.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.